Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Since returning from his months long IL stint, EBJ is hitting 0.116 from the dish. He is 5-for-43. He has a sole XBH, a double back on August 16th. Sighs.
  2. Also, that was Alcantara's best inning as a Shucker. Just a really nice frame. Got two swinging K's on some swopping deceptive off-speed pitches. Really nice work.
  3. I went back and watched to see if there was anything there. There very much was not. He walked. Spain grounded out a chopper to 2B. All you see is Wood slow up some and then lightly jog it out knowing the inning was over. No action from Spain or Lipka into that base path to check on Wood. I am guesstimating it was a planned exit? Unless, of course, something nagging happened earlier in the game.
  4. Interestingly, RHP Stiven Cruz was re-rostered at Wisconsin and RHP Manuel Rodriguez was called up to the make the final Biloxi regular season start today. Cool for both young men to get this late season opporunity - for Stiven to re-experience the Southern League and for Manuel to debut. (Noted in our ongoing Transactions thread HERE)
  5. SHUCKERS ADD RODRIGUEZ FROM WISCONSIN AHEAD OF REGULAR SEASON FINALE BILOXI, MS – The Biloxi Shuckers and Milwaukee Brewers have announced that RHP Manuel Rodriguez has been promoted from High-A Wisconsin and RHP Stiven Cruz has been transferred to High-A Wisconsin. The active roster now stands at 28 players. Rodriguez has been assigned No. 48 and will make his Double-A debut today (9/14) in the Shuckers regular-season finale against the Birmingham Barons. Rodriguez is set to become the youngest pitcher to appear in a game in franchise history.
  6. There are very few things happening, in the many MiLB broadcasts I watch in a season, I dislike more than when an announcer leads a player's appearance telling me where he's ranked in the MLB Pipeline pantheon of player evaluations. I understand the why - brand consistency; eye candy and allure for fans. I just really don't appreciate it at all. I'm definitely the old farmer on the rocking chair on the front porch swinging his clenched fist at the clouds on this one 😅. Let the players speak for themselves, I say. Let their play on the field speak for itself.
  7. Man, Sammon was such an incredible feather in the Brewers beat writer cap when we had him. He offered so many juicy details like those morsels you share above. When he left, and the absolute disregarding manner in which the Athletic at large handled the entire departure and 'transition' (if you can call it that) for Brewers fans and readers, it was an immediate cancellation of my Athletic subscription. Don't regret doing that for a single moment. Just an embarrassingly indifferent media house for baseball small markets. Holguin still played plus defense at the hot corner despite scouts thinking he was a shortstop. Unfortunately, he couldn't really hit a lick at that Low-A level in his brief stint there this summer. When a player flashes leather like he did, however, with other players struggling to hit in that Low-A and High-A level like we witnessed this season, I do wonder what the deeper story is. We'll likely never know. I wish him all the best in the interim as he contemplates his next moves in baseball and in life.
  8. Glad you mentioned Cruz's work. So happy for him to return after a solid if unspectacular re-assignment at Wisconsin. He kept his head down after the early season struggles that led to his re-assignment. It's very easy for fans to forget he was actually very good at Biloxi through his first nine outings - if you remember at that point of his season he was essentially sitting 94-95 mph in his brief relief stints. I don't know what happened for him to tailspin in the manner he did after that, but at this point it's a moot point. Glad he's back at Biloxi and glad his first outing was roses.
  9. I was just coming to post this. 😅 We can all look back at that RHP Chad Patrick outing versus Jacksonville when Wiems hit two long balls for and tallied 5 RBI as the launchpad. He went 3-for-3 that night with a walk. He went 8-for-17 on that entire Sounds series with 3 2B in addition to the game one 2 HR. 9 RBI, 5 BB, 5 K. Just an incredible series. Despite the K rate, it's really great to see Wiems experience some semblance of solid success back at the MLB level!
  10. I commend you for your public transparency. Your process laid out before us here is akin to Babe Ruth sharing how he hit all those homers. Also, as a dad of two, on behalf of bad dad jokes everywhere, I have to ask: is there really such a thing as a forced poor pun? (this is a rhetorical question...no need to reply...of course we all know there is no such thing as a 'forced poor pun' 🤭)
  11. Don't look now but the Sounds have gained 2.5 G on first place Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. They've leap-frogged 2 teams in the process. Now only seven teams remain ahead of them in their 'improbable' quest for the One seed. They are 9 GB with 8 games remaining. Do you believe in miracles?
  12. Well, the good thing is the Packers don't have to worry about J-Love facing the Packers defense behind the Washington O-Line. The Commanders have check-mated themselves into a rookie RT, in the midst of a position change no less. Meanwhile, the Packers tried their rookie lineman at RT. After one series, and a costly holding penalty on the stunt action, they pulled Him for their recently acquired trade asset. I didn't notice all that much pressure coming from Love's right side. Regardless, the Commanders have a very mobile absurdly cool and calm uber-talented QB. The Packers know their QB thrives on platform throws. Two different offenses built around two very different QB's.
  13. Likely managed by Gilbert Gómez. Gómez has the Mets High-A - South Atlantic League or 'Sally League' - Brooklyn Cyclones in the championship Series vs the Rangers' Hub City Spartanburgers. This is the Cyclones first ever such appearance since joining the League in 2021. Hopefully, it's a great experience for Made.
  14. I mean you can do far far worse than McLaurin, Deebo, Brown, Ertz, and Ekeler. Granted, Ekeler is obviously out but he wasn't for the majority of the game. Daniels is an incredible talent but I think you are short-selling just how incredible this GB Hafley defense is. That was the real takeaway last night
  15. Sherman said, post game, Nixon had more PBU's in that game (5 Total) than any DB has in the NFL. Pretty incredible performance.
  16. If I remember correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong, he improved the deep ball significantly last season? Even with the nagging injuries? I think it's important we remember it's very early. Those deep throws he missed last night were literal inches from decent completion percentage opportunity. But, man, if he hits those with any semblance of regularity with how comfortable and poised he looks in the pocket as a whole behind this O-Line? Wr could be in for some excitement. I do find it mildly hilarious, however, he has shown he will out-throw both Watson and now Golden. Those are two absolute burners. Put some more loft on those balls and they'll go get it.
  17. Opens Minor League forums. Reads Jim's thread title...
  18. I mean, and I'm serious here: what has happened to 'Tie Goes to the Runner'? I swear it doesn't exist in Minor League baseball. The confident manner in which the vast majority of ML infield umps are looking to call the bang-bang play 'Out' is wild to me. I'd very easily guesstimate they go 95/5 calling that type of play Out which is, well, it's perplexing to me. Also, how can you not be romantic about Rick Sweet the manager? He is such a legend. When he is trucking onto the field like that you absolutely know a lil fire is going to he spittin'.
  19. He is out 6-8 weeks and was moved to IR, fyi.
  20. Also it has likely been touched on multiple times but what a game by Keisan. Incredible performance.
  21. Hard to complain about much given this 2-0 start to the season. BUT, if we are going to be great there are a couple nagging issues amd why not nitpick toward greatness : - Run Game (could be due to shuffling injured O-Line) -J Love and the long ball - come on, Jordan. Let's dial it in. - What the heck was that 3 and out sequence when we could have gone for a dagger drive? - ST coverage was pretty poor but we were missing two key gunner guys in Anderson and Melton
  22. Really nice immediate bounce back performance from LHP Mark Manfredi. Love it.
  23. Hey I'm just glad it wasn't catching interference on Miller. 🤭
×
×
  • Create New...