Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Trax

Verified Member
  • Posts

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Trax

  1. All of Black, Mitchell and Frelick do indeed have a great opportunity here and they all 3 really need to pick it up. Problem is all 3 have not shown much for power in their careers and that's not likely to change although I still have hope for Mitch. They need to continue to work on consistency and getting that on base percentage up because for right now there's not much for true power. That's where we really miss Yeli...
  2. Any word on exactly what type of back surgery we're talking about? Shaving a bone spur i one thing, fusing or removing bone another
  3. They really didn't need to make both of those deadline trades for starting pitching. Especially so where we gave up a perfectly good pitcher who could start OR pitch out of the pen AND a developing young hitter with team control for a rental.
  4. Can Bitonti stick at 3rd long term or is he destined for 1B or corner outfield only?
  5. I don't get it at all. Montas and Junis are both rentals, but I actually prefer Junis. We throw away a young developing hitter with tons of time left on his clock. Just don't get it.
  6. I saw that, didn't realize you'd be updating contracts from there. Thanks!
  7. I was more confident in last years high school picks, we shall see. Is there going to be a Signing Tracker posted on this site?
  8. What happens today is paramount to this draft. As it is I am a little suspect....
  9. These kinds of drafts are always immediate head shakers for me but juggling money has become such a big part of it and the Brewers have been very active (and successful) doing just that. I'm looking for a couple of the above mentioned or other hard to sign prospects to come to us before the day is over.
  10. DH Yeli and split time among the 4 remaining outfielders with Mitch (for now) getting the least of it. As time goes on play the hot bats. I'd be very hesitant to move ANY of them at the trade deadline, it would take an extra sweet deal for me to include any of them. (all things considered)
  11. He is a developing young player who I believe has a high ceiling. It would take an awful lot for me to include him in any trade.
  12. I disagree to a point. I would ALWAYS listen to offers for anyone at any time. In terms of Adames his likelihood of being traded ended once spring training was over and the season started. If we couldn't get enough value for him then we won't now. I would only move him for a major get, and that wouldn't be a rental even though he is one. If we did move him we do have the infielders to pick up that slack, assuming Ortiz is healthy soon. I also do NOT want us trading much for ANY rental. If they come reasonable so be it. Most of our top prospects I would want to keep including our 2 supplemental picks. Where we have depth, OF and bullpen, would be where I'd be most open for trade treasure to move. Weimer, Uribe, Brown or O'Rae (for infielders) etc. My top 5 or so prospects off limits. Pratt, Boeve, and a few others off limits. Unless of course for a fat deal clearly heavily favored our way. Anyone available, but some only for that super heavy cost.
  13. I don't want Black or Boeve or most other prospects who are fairly close traded OR our 2 supplemental picks. If we do trade I'd like to see us trade from areas of depth. Weimer before the two listed above with out depth in the outfield. Maybe adding Uribe from our depth in the bullpen. Unless really on the cheap no rentals please..
  14. Excellent breakdown. Black is a top prospect I do NOT want to see go in a trade. I actually hope we trade none of our top prospects...or our two supplemental picks...
  15. Like it. He and Gasser young arms that are projectable as long term starters. I hope the Brewers stay this course as our pitching gets healthier rather than flame out top prospects for rentals....
  16. I campaigned for a legit starter back in January. That being said I only trade for one if it makes long term sense. No rentals unless they are crazy cheap. I give up prospects with long term control only for vets with some control as well. I don't give up any top guns. Include a MLB ready player if need be with developing prospects. Maybe someone like Uribe with a couple long range guys who we don't have lot invested in for a starter. In other words, find a deal for a pitcher who is ready to go or forget it. Do not reach.
  17. Unless he really dives no way do I send Perkins packing. He's won his place in CF (barring an implosion at the plate), I'd have Mitch playing a corner. Yeli could spend more time at DH and you could do some platoon matchups with it.
  18. When ready I'd have Mitch with an extended stay at Triple A to get his timing down. When he's been killing it there for a while bring him up, and unless you were going to do away with Bauers it would be either Jackson or Sal going to Triple A. I think both those young players would benefit with some time down there to work on things.
  19. Good breakdown. I'm sure the two Brewer hitting coaches are working on this. It may take time, don't want to force him focusing strictly on this and see his average plummet worse. He may need some time at Triple A once we get healthier at the position.
  20. I think you give Mitch an extended time at Triple A to let him get comfortable and when he's killing it there move him up playing a little center when Perkins needs a day off or in platoon but mostly I'd send him to the corner for now. In my mind Perkins has earned his stay in center, his glove is just too good. Mitch can platoon with Frelick and Yelli. Again, for now. If we must to make room for him, when ready, we'd send Frelick down to work on things.
  21. Excellent article loaded with great info. Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...