I wasn't surprised with the offers to Detroit. Their multiple offers looked better overall than the Dodgers. But they seemingly weren't overly concerned with fitting prospects with Detroit's weaknesses. Including more pitching was needed.
Also, if I'm on this team right now, I have to be a little disappointed with no upgrades on offense, either by trade or from out minors. Picking up Bae instead of dipping into our minors says a lot. And if some were disappointed with the deadline offensively, seeing Vaughn or Bae now on the left side can't help. Playing this year while the front office is constantly focused on 2029 would get old quickly.
Getting Fish or Made now would give them a pick up now, almost like a Skubal pick me up, in the clubhouse. I'll settle for an Adams. But Arnold better get a good feel for how his clubhouse is feeling now. If they are feeling the same as me, don't take long to make a move to the minors or risk the confidence of the team in seeing this year through to a World Series and Championship.