Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,657
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Here’s where Wild Bill calls a bunch of cutters.
  2. Really don’t want to be walking the 9 hitter on 4 pitches to get to Acuna and the rest of the top of the Braves order.
  3. Crazy thing is that I would not say that today is one of his best performances.
  4. Let’s see if they can even afford to pay Ohtani his deferred money after their massive debt scandal plays out.
  5. That play is why Turang starts even against lefties.
  6. That’s part of it. But you’re also dealing with higher exit velocities, different launch angles, more speed. It was a little bit of an adjustment for Pratt, too.
  7. One point I made in the gamethread/extended Lara thread yesterday was that his defense has really improved since he first came up. Early on he often looked uncomfortable. Bad jumps, bad angles. You could tell he was still getting used to MLB type speeds and the AmFam outfield. I have faith his bat will improve as well. He’s a work in progress but he already plays as an adequate MLB starter and you can see the tools for more,
  8. Good jump by Lara. That’s an inside the park HR with a Reds outfielder.
  9. Great approaches by Lara and Chourio and an “I will take it” seeing eye single by Wild Bill. Anytime you can put up multiple runs in an inning against Sale, you’ll take it.
  10. His defense alone justifies him in the lineup every day, but his splits are extreme enough that I’d have no issue with him near the bottom of the order again lefties.
  11. I don’t advocate for bunting very often, but when you’re going to flail at 3 pitches in a row as helplessly as Turang just did, you may as well bunt.
  12. But that was never really my point. I was never saying that Lara could still turn into Chourio and I’m not comparing the two, they don’t have the same skillsets. My point was, the guy has had less than 100 career ABs. It is crazy early to make any sweeping conclusions. He is still in the learning process/adjustment phase. One thing I’ve noticed is how much more comfortable he seems defensively lately . That is one adjustment he’s made from early on, when it seems like the speed and exit velocities of MLB hitters was something he was still trying to adjust to compared to the minors. The bat is still a work in progress. Pratt started off 11 for his first 68. Turang had a .585 OPS and 6 HR for his entire rookie season of 404 ABs, and this was at age 23, not 21! Imagine if we had written him off as a utility infielder (and many of us did).
  13. His batting average, OBP, and slugging are all higher than Jackson Chourio’s were after his first 95 ABs and 108 plate appearances. I'm not saying he’s going to be Jackson Chourio, but I am saying it is far, far too early to make any definitive statements about Lara’s future.
  14. Rough day for Lara. Being more aggressive early in counts finally but not doing much with the swings.
  15. Been waiting for Garrett Mitchell to get hot again, looks like it’s coming!
  16. Joey should be standing on 1st. Gotta challenge that 1-0 pitch for how badly it missed.
  17. I hope Uribe is back soon. It’s a lot thinner in there without him and Ashby just is really hard to trust sometimes.
  18. I know there was an HBP in there too, maybe more than one.
  19. Nothing like continuing to walk guys with a lead. Been doing it all day, why stop now?
  20. Ah Gary. Just when they were talking about how restrained you’ve been today.
  21. And even with the anxiety, he’s been good in that role.
×
×
  • Create New...