Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Now THAT is why I love baseball. Wild Thing IRL
  2. This AB is probably for the ballgame
  3. Right but they might have gone Adam first.
  4. Megill is coming in for Tatis no matter what
  5. Gonna need the role players in this series but maybe not tonight if our pitching holds it.
  6. Considering how this game started I’m happy with where we are. Both teams had chances to add more. I applaud the Padres’ approach on Miz, they foul balled him to death.
  7. The Braves hit 3 home runs and lost. Solo shots aren’t a viable path to winning.
  8. San Diego’s plan is to go lefty-righty-lefty on us. Matchups don’t matter against Ray, anyone can hit him. They set the lineup for the rest of the game so they aren’t stuck with mismatches against the actual pitching weapons that SD can throw us later in the game.
  9. It’s a shame that Detroit demanded Henderson, I think we would have approved almost any other package.
  10. They are calling the Padres’ bluff on Ray. Good idea. Ray sucks and is going to be out of the game quickly if we threaten.
  11. Ray sucks, period. The only reason he still has a job is because he's been playing on west coast teams in pitcher-friendly ballparks for the last half decade. We need to take care of business today and knock a little swagger out of the Padres.
  12. Bullpen availability on the throw day is getting more popular but I would be shocked to see it. I think it should only be used if we are desperate in the DS. I'm more open to it deeper in the postseason.
  13. Game 3 of our last series with them was a good demonstration of the two bullpens going toe to toe.
  14. Miz against Walker Buehler??? That has to be one of the biggest game 1 pitching mismatches in the history of the postseason.
  15. I thought 2019 was our year and I still think it would have been if we could have gotten past the wildcard game. I feel the same about this year. If we can get past the Padres it's going to happen.
  16. The freaking Angels fired Maddux after less than a year, even after he worked his magic on Reid Detmers.
  17. He would probably be happy with getting fired to avoid riding out some lame duck years with the Cubs. I think he's actually done a decent job but the original justification to not overpay for a manager has proven correct. I'd like to see a reconciliation with the Brewers after this is all said and done, but CC would have to take a bite of humble pie and I'm not sure he's capable of that. From our perspective I think the fans would accept him coming back with his tail between his legs after we kicked his ass for a few years. The only thing that would sweeten it more is if everyone in our org is wearing a ring when it happens. And just to be clear, I don't mean hiring him, I just mean having him show his face at AmFam in Brewers gear. Most likely he'll go get another managerial job since he's a competitor and available managers with his W-L record are few and far between.
  18. They did a decent job of pushing all their chips on the table for `26 but they lack organizational depth and had to play whack-a-mole to plug injuries. The Padres actually follow a similar script but do it better. Other than Skubal, the rest of the starting pitcher options at the deadline were all middle-to-bottom of the rotation guys. Depth additions, not guys that you would trust to start an elimination game. Zeferjahn was a nice add that will help them out in the future but not someone who is going to flip a series. I don't see the Cubs being a serious contender in '27. They will probably spend some money, I could even see them signing Skubal, but they have too many holes to fill and not many home grown options to fill them with.
  19. Not sure how much of this is the Padres being good vs. the Cubs being bad. Probably some of both. It will be a much tougher task for the Padres to come to Milwaukee and face Miz and Henderson.
  20. If that's it for PCA, he went 0-7 with 4K this postseason.
  21. Cubs are pressing. Padres are feeding off the crowd energy.
  22. The Astros never played in October this year.
  23. If the White Sox make the World Series I'll become a believer in divine intervention.
  24. Only if you have mediocre relief pitching like these two teams.
×
×
  • Create New...