Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Recommended Posts

Posted

  SUN MON TUE WED THU TOT
Trevor Megill 0 0 16 8 0 24
Shane Drohan 0 0 0 11 0 11
Kyle Harrison 0 0 0 0 50 50
JoJo Romero 15 0 0 14 11 40
Garrett Stallings 0 0 0 0 42 42
DL Hall 18 0 19 0 0 37
Chad Patrick 0 0 0 0 20 20
Antonio Senzatela 8 0 0 14 0 22
Abner Uribe 17 0 0 6 0 23
Aaron Ashby 0 0 31 0 26 57
Posted

REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping May has a good start to inspire some confidence in his future playoff appearances.  It is looking more and more like we are going to have to have him pitch some important innings as a starter...

  • Like 4
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted

I said something similar in the MLB thread, but Baltimore has a realistic shot in the race for the postseason. It's not a good shot, but it's in the category of stranger things have happened. Cleveland (the current last WC) has a magic number of 7 on them with 9 games left, so Baltimore would need 12 of the 18 remaining results to go their way - if Bal goes 7-2 and Clev goes 4-5, that'd do it. However, they also have to hop over Toronto and Texas (currently both 1 game ahead of them), who happen to be playing each other this weekend - Baltimore will be rooting for neither team to sweep.

Anyway, it's not completely over for them, but it'll be moot if they can't at least take two of these 3 (and that might not be enough).

Posted

Today is such an important game. But only about 20% for the W/L result and much more for where May is trending. If he goes 6 strong again we might have three starters heading into the playoffs that we can feel pretty good about. 

If he gets hammered and pulled in the 4th, we’re kind of just heading in really feeling like we can only really trust Miz and Henderson in October. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Today is such an important game. But only about 20% for the W/L result and much more for where May is trending. If he goes 6 strong again we might have three starters heading into the playoffs that we can feel pretty good about. 

If he gets hammered and pulled in the 4th, we’re kind of just heading in really feeling like we can only really trust Miz and Henderson in October. 

That is most NL teams. Outside the Phill and Dodgers the 3rd starter is a question mark.

Posted
2 minutes ago, baseball101 said:

That is most NL teams. Outside the Phill and Dodgers the 3rd starter is a question mark.

Okay but those may very well be the two teams that we face and we’ll, I’d like to beat them. 

  • Like 2
Posted

Interesting that they are bringing Miz back on 4 days rest…….don’t want  the Phillies to get another look at him. this late in the season?

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Posted
Just now, markedman5 said:

Interesting that they are bringing Miz back on 4 days rest…….don’t want  the Phillies to get another look at him. this late in the season?

 

That or that’s the regular schedule they plan for him to be on throughout the playoffs so they’d like to get his routine adjusted, 

  • Like 1
Posted
9 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

That or that’s the regular schedule they plan for him to be on throughout the playoffs so they’d like to get his routine adjusted, 

Or both……and they probably will want him to pitch one more abbreviated start after this one in the St Louis series but not on Sunday.

Posted
Just now, RobertCrawley said:

I'd love to see a ballgame at Camden Yards someday.

I have a friend who is at the game tonight……..made the trip to Pittsburgh and Baltimore this week.

  • Like 2
Posted
3 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

I have a friend who is at the game tonight……..made the trip to Pittsburgh and Baltimore this week.

Great fall trip. Two beautiful parks.

  • Like 2
Posted
44 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Okay but those may very well be the two teams that we face and we’ll, I’d like to beat them. 

It’s the playoffs. Nobody starting the season thought the Crew could match up with the Phillies and Dodgers top three. From my perspective nothing has changed. Same as last year. Phillies will have to win a series and pitching will be depleted. 

Posted
48 minutes ago, RobertCrawley said:

I'd love to see a ballgame at Camden Yards someday.

It’s beautiful. My wife & I attended the game where Yount got hit #3001. I scheduled a trip three weeks out & projected he would get #3000 in Baltimore. He did so against Cleveland two nights earlier than I guessed. 

  • Like 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, edfunderburk said:

It’s beautiful. My wife & I attended the game where Yount got hit #3001. I scheduled a trip three weeks out & projected he would get #3000 in Baltimore. He did so in Cleveland two nights earlier than I guessed. 

That is such a great story. I grew up in a town of about 10,000 in Wisconsin. My dad and I listened to it on the radio. Those are the moments that baseball sticks with people.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...