Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

GAME05

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,544
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by GAME05

  1. I can just see it, Parsons comes back in Week 8 and turns around a 2-6 team to finish 8-9. Miss the playoffs but the second-half turnaround is enough to convince Policy that it was all a matter of unfortunate injuries and the status quo is just fine. Plus the third-round tackle we pick up is going to change everything next year.
  2. Seems fair. It's two years of him, too. Plus what other choice did the Giants even have? They're a playoff team if they get even marginal play from him, I would think. And if Sam Darnold taught us anything, maybe it's worth the lottery ticket that it was just the coaching.
  3. To be fair to Gute, Jordan Morgan is obviously a project LT so we should only expect him to be decent in Year 5.
  4. He only needed his arm to come back to just average, but that he's not catching now says he's probably done. All very sad for a guy who was so close to being there. It doesn't mean we have to keep Contreras, though.
  5. Packers have a long history of being patient with HCs and GMs unlike the Browns or Jets. There's still good job security in a Packers position and that's attractive. And a GM wouldn't have to have his whole job ride on the success of a QB he drafted. Plus every GM in the League would be happy to pay Parsons what he's making now.
  6. What's the O/U on team rushing yards next week? 40?
  7. I get all that time off is going to mean a heck of a lot of rust, but I don't understand how he could have gone from being one of the best QBs in the League to the absolute worst. But since the Browns clearly want to tank for a QB, anyway, maybe their best payback is have him continue as the starter for everyone to watch.
  8. We just need to get out there and execute.
  9. Been trying to research how to use AI as a stock/crypto screener and evaluator using my own parameters. I'm a caveman when it comes to this stuff, so when I find a resource I like I'll have to do more research to explain the first resource. I've been using Anthropic but I've been running into some "I won't do that for you" constraints that I may switch to something else. Nothing bad, but sometimes it's more like arguing with someone as opposed to a computer program that's supposed to just do what you tell it.
  10. Yep. I recently did the same thing and got a small charcoal (+rotisserie) grill to compliment the pellet smoker and pellet pizza oven. Then realized that charcoal is insanely expensive to make grilling almost prohibitive. I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to be making my own charcoal. All the stuff is ready, so I just need to do it.
  11. We could put Pena at 2nd base, do a L/R platoon at 1b which also gives us a 3b backup, but we're still left with an "extra" 1b/3b prospect and also Jett who they sure won't make play four different positions right away. Plus probably only keep one of the two OF prospects. I just don't see a situation where they wouldn't end up having to trade some prospects as well as many of the players they replace. No matter what one- or two-years-out roster you build there's always a few people who can't keep sitting in AAA. But maybe if the Brewers have to add salary, it's an opportunity to trade for a valuable-but-expensive player as opposed to just an expensive one.
  12. Well, it's that time again. Looks more like 60k was the bottom. September probably not the best time to get back in, but "Well, historically..." is probably a silly approach now, too. I really have a hard time believing the alts will do much of anything this time around, either. Think people are fed up with dev rugpulls, influencer pump-and-dumps and the half-projects which feed on volume (5% fee to buy and sell). This time I want to be a lot more conservative with things as I should have last cycle. 80% on BTC, Eth, Bittensor and Hyperliquid, but not touching all those degen projects. Though will probably play a small amount on memes this time around because they were all that popped off last time. But I don't have 50x stars in my eyes this time. Maybe that's both good and bad.
  13. I'm not holding out much hope that a 2nd Round CB is going to make waves his rookie year. Even First Rounders don't do that. But assuming health and a 100% Parsons, that defensive line is going to be great. But unless Lloyd really breaks out I don't know how we'll be able to run the ball at all.
  14. I heard somewhere that 90% of the new jobs created in the US this past decade went to foreign-born workers. The H1B system is corrupted and it can be abusive to the visa-holders, too. I've seen a good few videos of people breaking down in tears because they'll apply to thousands of jobs, go on tons of interviews and just never get anywhere. Adding to it a ton of online postings now are scammers trying to steal your ID. How any Millennial or GenA is going to be able to retire if things stay like this is beyond me.
  15. And for the second time in three months one of my holdings has made Fidelity's "biggest losers" list. Cripes.
  16. I'm more optimistic than that. Assuming he comes back at full strength, Parsons kinda fixes all. The defensive line overall I expect will be really good and cover up for the bad secondary again.
  17. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
  18. Cowboys cut QB Joe Milton. I thought he was going to end up a decent NFL QB. Guess not.
  19. I've had the exact same thought. Would make for better viewing if both QBs get hurt in a game. Though I suspect you'd have to include a stipulation of "May only play the QB position" or else we'd see Bo Melton being listed as a QB just to have an extra special teams guy.
  20. I'd imagine 20 million dollars would convince most people to do the same.
  21. Neither beside and toward need an s at the end of the word. What bugs me most is plural possessives typed out as s's. Granted, the chicago style manual allows it, but AP doesn't and chicago style is stupid. I used to work as a proofreader (most boring job ever) and I don't get worked up over too much, though I had a friend who kinda made proper grammar her thing, so of course I always made sure to add a grammatical annoyance whenever I wrote anything to her.
  22. I don't get how a converted SS wouldn't work out defensively at 2b or especially 3b or even in a worst-case where he has to learn RF. If he's got the arm and athletic profile to play SS to begin with, how would a guy like that absolutely tank defensively somewhere else? I get that doesn't mean Gold Glove or anything, but to worry about him tanking elsewhere is way overboard pessimism. Our MLB team is constructed perfectly for our top prospects to fit right in, even including 2b when Turang hits his "Well, time to trade him" point. So why mess that up? And if needs be, we even have *extras* we could move in Jett and whomever loses the Adams/Wilken battle.
  23. Crow to stretch out the rotation and JoJo Romero because we definitely need another bullpen arm.
  24. Or he accepts and we pay $23m for 1.5 WAR.
  25. Seems like a return the Bucks could have done no problem. But maybe the 1st was a must and the Bucks just didn't want to give up yet another pick?
×
×
  • Create New...