Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

liveforoctober

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,685
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    21

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by liveforoctober

  1. I could be very wrong, my gut says without Naylor - Murphy will hesitate to have both Sanchez and Contreras in the lineup at the same time and Bill is just going to catch this whole 1st series. Vaughn DH, Bauers 1B, Lara RF. I say that knowing full well it is probably going to be Yelich DH, Vaughn 1B, Bauers RF when the lineup card hits.
  2. I haven't sat in a seat at a Brewers game in 4ish years. I've probably been to 30 or so games. SRO only for me these days or if I do buy a seated ticket it a nosebleed seat and I just walk around anyway. Meeting people and talking Brewers baseball while roaming is so easy. You can find a great sight line and hold the spot or you can move on until you find a group with a good vibe. Was at the Chourio/Mitchell back to back, was at the Pete Alonso game, was at the Gm5 clincher against Chi last year... All great playoff experiences just roaming. Maybe a difference in playoff games is when you find a good sight line you should hold it for a bit just because there are a lot more people so space isn't as free. I would say there is a small caveat in that I like multi tasking mentally. SRO/roaming can be "busy" visually and otherwise so if you are someone who just wants a clean view of the game and that to be your only task at hand... It makes sense to have a permanent seat.
  3. Here you go again with more of your positive only nonsense.
  4. I guess shout out to Phi/Atl for giving us a game to have fun with yesterday. The other 3 were mainly snoozers, especially if you are not a MKE fan somewhere and got no joy watching Craig squirm. Hopefully we can do a bit better today and not peak in the early afternoon..
  5. I guess thanks for making them throw Musgrove?
  6. Suddenly becomes pretty imperative Miz and Logan do their thing in MKE ... Petco and their fans feel feral. Don't want any part of a clinching scenario for the Padres in San Diego.
  7. Greg can you at least make Miller throw twice for us?
  8. For this exercise I would rather play the Cubs. They have a fatal flaw. But I will be shocked if San Diego doesn't win this series. In the 96 hours leading up to Gm 1 first pitch the Cubs will have flown Chi -> Boston -> Tampa -> San Diego. Since Sept 3rd the only time the Padres have left the state of California was a trip to Denver.
  9. Think about how Murphy has talked when asked about Yelich all year. It's rarely about statistics or performance or mechanics or anything on the field... it is almost ALWAYS about leadership and setting an example and what he means to the clubhouse. What Murphy is best at is knowing his players and which buttons each one responds to. Yelich is going to play in the post season. If we get any kind of old Yeli we just might do the darn thing. At this point it isn't going to be a swing change in the next week that brings the old Yelich back ... but do something like this that means so much to the guy and MAYBE it triggers something. It's not absurd to say if Yelich goes on a 4 week heater right now he could have a statue built when he is all done someday. Cringe is a bit dramatic IMO. Arbitrary might be a better word. But if the worst case scenario is you do something meaningful to one of your franchise's all time greats and best case scenario is your morph him into a game changing bat again ... what is this hurting?
  10. This feels strategy based more than merit based to me. I don't mean that negatively.
  11. Can we please leave Yeli in the 7 spot the rest of the way? Last time we tried it he responded ... just leave him down there and force a chip on his shoulder or whatever it is that triggers it.
  12. I think Wilson is eligible to come back as of today or tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. He might be the guy to eat up as many innings as he can?
  13. Super interesting game for Harrison. If he goes off the rails again then maybe you just call it a season with him? IL him and bring Bryse back to eat up as many innings as possible for the remaining week+? If the velo is there and he throws well, you have to give him another opportunity before the year ends to earn a playoff roster spot.
  14. He doubled a pitch or two later and looked a little tender running to 2nd. The next batter flew out to medium deep right and Bauers did not even fake an attempt to tag up and even the announcer noted "Bauers wants no part of running right now" or something to that affect. Early game today, wouldn't be surprised if Murphy tells Bauers to keep his hoodie on all day.
  15. Haha, I was confused to your reaction at first but after rereading it a few times I understand that sounds terrible without the context of the game. I am grateful Drohan pulled his glove back and didn't attempt to snag the high chopper over the mound so that Turang could field it cleanly and turn the double play.
  16. Should we reset to the Braves and a bye first? Then reset the reset for the #1 overall?
  17. Kudos to Drohan for fighting the instinct and pulling back from trying to stab that bouncer. Maybe I saw it wrong but it looked to me like he started to reach then thought better?
  18. If Sal starts and goes 3-4 with a nuke then he is allowed to drink whenever he wants moving forward. He seemed to be having a good time last night.
  19. I don't know what the right answer is.. But Woodruff succeeding in a crucial playoff moment this year will be a top all time Brewers fandom moment given everything he and we have been through.
  20. Just logging in, not going to backtrack here. Is Joey Ortiz the best "SS" in baseball? What is going on...
  21. I definitely think you could be right about this and I could be wrong. I guess with both Durbin and Collins (and Mears) it seemed we were trading guys who maybe had maximized their trade value at the time (Seems to have been true with Collins and very untrue now with Durbs) .. so I guess if that is the philosophy Mitchell would be the sell high candidate of the two OFs? Along that same note, I know others have mentioned Ashby's name in trade talks and he is a curious one for me. I wonder if his crazy start this year has ballooned his value to some that we could get a nice return for him. Also wonder if DL Hall has made Ashby expendable or if Hall himself is a "trade at the top" guy. A lot of interesting players to watch this next cycle!
  22. I guess I'm not seeing why Payne/Adamczewski and Burke/Fischer have anything to do with next year's team and lineup configuration out of camp? All 4 of those guys will start in AA/AAA and at best have a Lara/Pratt like ascension and force decisions in the early to mid stages of summer. But I don't see why "we have a promising left fielder in Biloxi" means we have to trade a cheap starting outfield option currently in Milwaukee? I'm in the same boat with you all that if Frelick or Mitchell end up in a favorable trade we should pursue it but I don't think we are calling teams trying to get rid of either one of them necessarily. Starting outfield next year should be Chourio, Mitchell, Lara with Sal as the 4th until someone calls us with an offer. Bauers is an incredibly interesting scenario. I have no doubt he will get a lot more money on the open market with someone else. I don't think Milwaukee offers him a multi year anything. I do think if we offer him a $22mil+ 1 yr QO and the best offer the thinks he can get in FA is something like 3yr $42 or something odd like that ... that he might just roll the dice and come back to a situation he loves and bets on himself here again. I don't pretend to know what to do with him. He is a "I want him here but I understand if he can't be" situation.
×
×
  • Create New...