Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. Absolutely huge win. Great time for Chourio to shake the pop ups and then show that he isn’t just a DH.
  2. Gasser did his best but he’s being supported by the Brewers playoff offense. Now the Cubs get to feast on the Brewers exhausted bullpen while Boyd coasts along.
  3. The Brewers young SP and the bullpen seem to be showing the strain of a long season and a long stretch with very few off days. Someone has to come up big this week to get the Brewers at least one win in this series. A de facto 7 1/2 game lead with 18 games to play looks pretty comfortable. But a de facto 3 1/2 game lead with 15 games to play does not look that comfortable, especially with a young team that might be wearing down. So, my focus for this series is WIN ONE GAME. That one win would take 3 games off the magic number vs the Cubs and ensure no worse than what amounts to a 6 1/2 game lead with 15 games to play. Gasser wouldn't be my first choice to start the tone setting opening game of the series, but that's how the rotation falls. Hopefully he can get through at least 5 innings with no more than a couple of runs allowed to keep the team in the game. There isn't much long relief available to cover a short start. Like the series last week, the offense is going to have to take advantage of the Cubs pitchers to give the Crew a good shot.
  4. Many people these days have no idea that “even playing in a playoff game” was much more difficult in an era when only two teams, and then only four, made the playoffs every year.
  5. First, I wouldn’t exactly call it anxiety. But it is an almost superstitious inclination to not take anything for granted. That’s how I always approached things when I played competitive sports and it’s the same as a spectator. And that approach isn’t entirely removed until it becomes a certainty, not just an “almost” certainty. I said before last week’s series against the Cubs that I wouldn’t be satisfied unless and until the Brewers won at least 3 of the 7 head to head games to both wrap up the tiebreaker and prevent the Cubs from making a big gain in the head to head games. That task is not completed yet. The Braves and Dodgers race just adds another layer to it.
  6. The Brewers could really use a win today, or at least I could. I don’t want to see the Cubs shave another game off the lead going into the series that presents their last real chance to make a run at the division.
  7. Maybe there should be threads to talk about minor league players, especially when they are not going to be playing on the Brewers this season.
  8. This long rain delay is not what the Brewers needed before the game tomorrow morning and then the Cubs series starting Monday afternoon.
  9. Are we going to get blow by blow daily reports on Fischer now like we did on Hiura a few years ago?
  10. The last cycle through the rotation was pretty bad. Only one really good start (and that resulted in a loss) and several really bad ones, including May’s. The offense and bullpen were responsible for the 3 wins. Hopefully May can lead the way to a better week of starts and give the bullpen a break.
  11. Roy Howell in 1982. Every baseball card I have of him in a Brewers uniform the number is not showing.
  12. I think tinkering with the batting order that way is like buying a stock after it has had an upturn. By the time you make the move it’s time for a correction.
  13. I’m not sure how superstitious I am, but my grandmother put some things in my head at a young age. I remember one time I was staying at her house when I was probably about 7. My grandpa and I were looking forward to spending the evening listening to a Braves-Reds doubleheader on the radio. (The Braves didn’t televise games in those days.). Anyway, we were so disappointed when the games were rained out, so grandma says “See you bragged so much about your doubleheader ball game and that jinxed it”. One of her other superstitions that I never heard anywhere else was that you had to leave her house through the same door that you entered or it would bring you bad luck. So, if we came in through the front door but were spending time in the backyard, we had to go back through the house and out the front door instead of just walking around the house to the car
  14. No, I think I might have been wrong when I said early in the game that it would take 10 runs to win. I probably should up it to15.
  15. Looks like it’s going to take 10 to win tonight.
  16. Turang’s bum leg cost Mitchell a triple and an RBI.
  17. I was just looking at the chart and thinking the exact same thing. Only using Hall for one inning last night was a big help, but with 6 more games until the next off day it’s not ideal to have relievers going 3 times in 4 days either. I’m putting a lot of the responsibility for this on the offense. They aren’t facing any All Star caliber SP in this series, so maybe they can put up 6 or more runs to give the pitching staff some cushion.
  18. More important and relevant than winning the season series against the Reds, and lowering the magic number against them, is the fact that wins against them will help if the Brewers end up in a tie with the Braves or Phillies. As many posters have already addressed, because the Braves and Brewers split their season series, the next tiebreaker is record within their division. Right now the Braves hold a slight advantage, but the Brewers have a lot more intradivisional games left than the Braves do, so they can make up the difference just by winning and without needing help. The Reds are not tanking as they have won their recent series against two playoff contenders (Cubs and Padres). The Brewers get a break with the Reds opting to push Burns’ next start to Monday against the Dodgers. Hopefully the Brewers offense can be more productive than it was in the earlier series at GAB
  19. No question that the Cubs improved their SP with their deadline moves. A veteran with playoff experience might be a big factor.even if he’s had a rocky season.
  20. That’s not 100% accurate. If the Cubs win the 4 remaining games against the Brewers they would take the tiebreaker. So, if the Brewers would go 6-12 in their other games to finish 93-69, the Cubs would take the division.by going 11-7 in their other 18 games. it’s the longest of long shots, but for the Cubs to overtake the Brewers they would probably need an out of the blue winning streak like the 17 game streak the Cardinals had in 2021 to charge into a wild card spot.
  21. Might have been Brewers fans COOP ing and Cubs fans booing the Brewers fans and Palencia.
×
×
  • Create New...