Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. The camera on the empire‘s mask can produce some interesting pictures, but please don’t show it live.
  2. This is like the inning, the Brewers had against Skenes last year when he faced Misioroski.
  3. Bases loaded nobody out. Considering who’s coming up would you consider it a scoring chance?
  4. When I looked a couple of weeks ago at the difficult stretch of games facing the Brewers, this series really stood out. I hope the Brewers can get at least one in this series. It’s going to be difficult against that powerful lineup, especially with their top 2 SP going tonight and tomorrow.
  5. The Brewers “Walk of Fame” requires at least three seasons with the Brewers or Milwaukee Braves. Sabathia was inducted into the Wall of Honor today. I think that’s an appropriate recognition
  6. 🙄🤪 That has to be one of the most bizarre and totally irrelevant off topic posts ever seen on this board.
  7. I agree that the five inning requirement should be eliminated given how the game is played these days. I think the simplest way to do it is to just remove the requirement and say that if the starting pitcher has not worked five innings, then apply the standards that are in the rule now, while allowing the starting pitcher to be the “most effective” pitcher. That would just add an additional candidate to a subjective standard that already exists. The scoring rules already have a number of comments that are meant to assist the scorer in naming the winning pitcher.
  8. For the time being I want to see Bauers in the lineup every day against RH starters. And when Yelich gets back, if nothing else changes I would seriously think about using Bauers in the outfield with Vaughn at 1B.
  9. 12:15 is a common starting time for the Cardinals on getaway day afternoons.
  10. At this stage of the season I’m not concerned about the Brewers catching anyone. But I am concerned about the Brewers getting straightened out and not digging a hole over these next few weeks. Hopefully, getting Chourio and Vaughn back will help break the feast or famine pattern that has led to too many games in which the offense is not competitive while piling up big numbers in a few lopsided wins. But the injuries to Zerpa and Woodruff have further shaken an already unsettled pitching staff that is going to be challenged in the next few weeks. I said on another thread that if the Brewers can get to the end of the month at or a little above 500, and without more significant injuries, they should be well positioned to make a run at a playoff spot over the last four months, even if they are in last place in the division.
  11. I’m sure the fact that the Cardinals play in San Diego Thursday night was a factor in the decision not to play two games tomorrow.
  12. That is what they announced. So, the Cardinals get to miss Misioroski.
  13. You have to be quite the optimist to expect that either Woodruff or Yelich will be available at any given time. Yelich isn’t going to be playing 18 games in 17 days even if he isn’t on the IL.
  14. 5 games in 4 days in St.Louis during the hottest part of the year.High probability of thunderstorms on at least one day at that time of year to complicate things further. The Brewers should, prohibit any of their players from going to the All Star Game to rest up after the brutal schedule leading up to the break.
  15. I think that a lot of the criticism of Hamilton’s bunting is not second guessing, when he goes to it in situations where the value is minimal. Like on Sunday when he tried to bunt with runners on second and third with 2 outs and still tried to bunt with 2 strikes. Last night I was hoping for Black to pinch hit and Hamilton ended up wasting two strikes showing bunt before striking out. Down by 4 runs I don’t like trying to nurse one run across with multiple runners on base. Depending on the placement, even a bunt that he can beat out doesn’t guarantee getting a run in. Trying to bunt for a hit with a runner on first and less than 2 out in a close game doesn’t bother me because at least an out can advance a runner. But I don’t like bunting with runners in scoring position and two outs. especially when down by multiple runs, I think that some of the situations when Hamilton tries to bunt show that he doesn’t have confidence in his own ability to hit.
  16. You alluded to my biggest objection to umpires calling balls and strikes. That is the potential for calls being influenced by the game situation and the players involved. I don’t see all ABS unless and until the result can be delivered instantaneously. Even a delay of a couple of seconds could add 5-10 minutes to the length of a game and I don’t want that.
  17. The Brewers completed the relatively soft part of a difficult stretch of 6 weeks outscoring their opponents 66-40. Unfortunately, 38 of those 66 runs came in 3 games, and 28 runs in the other 9 games was only enough to produce 3 wins. Now the schedule gets really tough with 6 of the next 7 series against teams that are all at least 6 games over .500.
  18. Chourio will most likely not be back tomorrow now until they see how his ankle recovers from the shot it took last night. I did not realize until they said it on the telecast today that the Brewers only have 3 HRs in road games.
  19. In the gap and hitting the wall on the fly is hard to catch.
  20. I’ve seen enough of Hamilton’s defensive gaffes and inclination to bunt in any and all situations to conclude that I don’t want to see him as an everyday SS.. A player who tries to bunt with 2 strikes and 2 outs with 2 RISP obviously has no confidence in himself as a hitter.
  21. The same thing could happen in his first game in MLB too, so I’m not bothered that he was playing tonight. But if his return has to be delayed because of that it’s going to be extremely annoying.
  22. More immediately you should hope that the Cardinals, especially Jordan Walker, cool off before the Brewers play them next week.
  23. Just saw the clip of Chourio fouling a ball off his foot and hobbling off the field on one leg. Given how this season has gone with injuries I should probably expect to hear tomorrow that he broke a bone in his foot and will be out another 4-6 weeks.
×
×
  • Create New...