Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. That takes care of the overcrowding in the outfield problem.
  2. Dan Wilson is having a bad week leaving pitchers in too long. Now he wants to see Miller give up his second grand slam of the day.
  3. The counter to that is that hitters that don’t hit HR often aren’t used to trying to hit the ball in the air. It’s not that they have warning track power, they just hit more line drives. But, looking at past results there the games haven’t been unusually high scoring.
  4. It seems like a lot of these novelty games in non MLB parks turn into HR Derby slugfests. I hope this isn’t one of those with all of the home run hitters the Braves have.
  5. I had a little league game on ESPN before and they showed a plane landing at the local airport. They announced that “the Brewers have arrived“.
  6. I want the sweep if only to wrap up the tiebreaker against the Braves. You never know if that might come in handy
  7. Phil Dunphy would be appalled if someone would contradict realty. Those Realtors can be vicious. 😃
  8. I can relate to these comments. I am an even older vintage (current age 74) and now I have a lot more time to follow and stew on a baseball season than I did during those years when family and professional responsibilities were much higher priorities. There were years when my biggest sports related concerns were how to give 16 6 year olds equal time in a 4 inning tee ball game or how to get 3 girls to soccer games on time in different parts of the city. Before I had all of those responsibilities I had a much more optimistic outlook for the teams I rooted for. Maybe it didn't hurt that my Dad was a native New Yorker who rooted for the Yankees. So I rooted for both the Braves and Yankees during a period when both teams were regular contenders with multiple future Hall of Famers I am now several years past the point that I concluded that the chances of the Brewers winning a World Series in my lifetime is significantly lower than 50% because of the competitive disadvantage of the small market teams. Because the Brewers winning the division or just making the playoffs isn't as exciting as it was in 2008 and 2011 I am now focused on the next goal, and I critique the team from that perspective. I don't get into the daily bashing (often second guessing) of the manager and players. But I am scarred by the disappointments of the past and have a hard time getting past the "here we go again" feeling when things get rocky. It would be interesting to know the ages of some of the posters here and what life experiences they bring. Following baseball was a lot different when you didn't have every game on TV with dozens, if not hundreds, of statistics and measurements being thrown around telling you what you should think about what's going on. That stuff might be great for professionals trying to evaluate players for their organizations. But in the hands of young amateurs they probably make them think that they're smarter than they really are.
  9. I’m sure they’re fine. Their fanbase isn’t as irrationally emotional as the Brewers fanbase. 🙄
  10. Peter Crow Armstrong’s leap was only about 40 feet short.
  11. I I hope Bregman can get this outrageous hot streak out of his system before the Brewers faced them.
  12. Dan Wilson is having a tough week of leaving his starting pitcher in a little too long
  13. I’ve never dismembered a remote, but things significantly wordier than just spewing an expletive can be dictated in between batters or even in between pitches. Somtimes the spewed expletive can be followed by phrases like “swing the ****** bat“, or “get the ball over the ****** plate“, or “you ****** suck”.
  14. Just out of curiosity, where else have you lived for any significant period of time that has a fan base that is less emotional than Brewefs fans?
  15. I was at the game today and I thought that the ideal lineup for today would have been just what it was but with Sanchez at DH instead of Yelich.
  16. Mitchell’s HR was very welcome. A goofy series but a series win
  17. Seems like we always hear how bad a team’s bullpen is and then they shut the Brewers down When you score six runs in the first inning you hope for the game to be less stressful than this.
  18. The Cubs won’t be facing Gilbert one way or the other. I’m more concerned about the Brewers wearing out their pictchers for the Braves series. Not expecting many runs against Sale tomorrow.
  19. A team better than the 27 Yankees can beat anyone.
  20. I was teasing. They went to the Cardinals.
  21. I admit I don’t live on the board and track all posts. But I don’t recall seeing anyone say that posters should keep their positivity in check. I have seen comments about cutting back on daily comments ridiculing other posters who express themselves differently than you would. I think making frequent posts like that reflects more on the one making them than the person being ridiculed. But that is probably just coming from an older poster who grew up in an age when courtesy was more common.
×
×
  • Create New...