Unfairly lumping Weeks in with Fielder but on June 25, 2005 - Weeks tripled and homered off Johan Santana. The same night as Fielder’s first HR.
2005, the Brewers finished with .500 record. Hart, Hardy, Weeks and Fielder.
’It was coming together’
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlbs-rob-manfred-could-threaten-brewers-with-relocation-as-part-of-push-for-ballpark-updates-per-report/
The Journal Sentinel report indicates that the renovations -- upgrades to seating areas, concourses and gathering spaces -- would cost an estimated $428 million over the course of the next 20 years.
Does anyone believe the concourse, seating and gathering spaces are inadequate?
I hadn’t noticed the Miami Marlins with equal or better record than Mets, Phillies and Padres through 50 games.
With Sandy Alcantara’s ERA hovering around 5.
Mets, Phillies and Padres combine for $ 836 million in payroll.
Jesus Aguilar has career OPS of .799 against LHP in 697 AB.
In 2023, Aguilar has 1.149 OPS against LHP in 45 PA.
I assume Oakland would be willing to trade Aguilar for a fair price. Seems like bringing Aguilar back would be a ‘Brewers move.’
At the same time, I don’t think we need to typecast the Brewers’ need as only more offense against LHP. I think we could let Hiura hit against anyone for a little bit In Milwaukee.
If Hiura reproduces his .866 OPS against RHP like he did in 2022, that would also be helpful.
Two seasons above replacement level (2019 and 2021).
Two seasons below replacement level (2020 and 2022)
Houser’s 13 IP in 2018 were essentially replacement level.
Conclusion: At age 30, this is not the player you make a multi-year commitment to. Maybe two-years at affordable contract? He probably could get a short multi-year deal in free agency.
In any case, no rush.
I think it is alright for people to miss 7-year Brewer veteran, Brent Suter. He had a career ERA of 3.51 for Milwaukee.
I think the front office felt, correctly, they could get similar production for less than $3,000,000 salary this year.
I’m glad we miss Luis Castillo in Seattle.
I also noticed 36-year old LHP Tommy Milone was otherwise in-line to be the starting pitcher in game three, until he was designated for assignment. Almost seems like poor scouting to DFA Milone before the Milwaukee series. Milone had 1.93 ERA in his one 4.2 IP start last week.
If any of the guys we received from the trade become above average, I will be fine with the trade. We did not need Renfroe and his salary in 2023 or beyond.
How has Frelick looked in his first 43 AB this year? Very few strikeouts but not much else.
Hiura seems to be doing what he does.
Blake Perkins seems to be performing, too.