Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

tmwiese55

Verified Member
  • Posts

    7,257
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by tmwiese55

  1. I actually liked the strategy and it made a lot of sense. Have your best guy in for their top of the order. And yet it still didn't work out. 5 straight outs. then an infield hit, a barely hbp, boom HR
  2. Thanks for this heads up. Was able to get 4 in second deck down the line that I wouldn't have without seeing this thread.
  3. Yea it was pretty clear Braun held a lot of weight as the leader on the clubhouse at the end. After the initial media circus died down on and he was the 'vet leader' type guy at the end it was nothing to the players. It really had no affect and what matters was their personal interaction and relationships. And from the outside it seemed Braun did everything positive/correct in that regard with teammates and young players coming in.
  4. also, he could 'retire' but its done in a buyout type fashion where he still gets the money. Basically a mutually agreed upon way to depart. He obviously just has to show up or wait to be 'cut' and he gets it all. And obviously no way he walks from it. But they can talk and agree its best to just let him have the money but to free up the roster spot. With their relationship, maybe the buyout could negotiate to spread the money out over extra years while he serves some kind of ambassador type role. Which could help free up money right away to help win. My guess is that he'll still play next year though and hope for a rebound back to roughly his 2025 level. But if next year goes like '26, then that buyout/retire thing comes into play for the '28. Funny, about two weeks ago this idea popped in my head. Maybe an announcer called him captain or something. But I had recently looked up if he was named captain, how common that was in baseball, etc just a week or two prior to this going down
  5. Its clear the talent level is better than the last few years. The D is perfectly fine. Not the best non SEC/OSU D in the country it was before, but its perfectly solid/good. Offense is still a work in progress. And in general if they could clean up the attention to detail, organizational, discipline stuff they could be perfectly ok. Which is all we're asking this year, just don't suck. I don't think they've fumbled a kick since ND which is big progress. Gotta clean up the turnovers, penalties, bad snaps etc next. As small of a thing as it is, the QB having to worry about the snap every play starts him a half second behind where he should be and it distracts his mind from what it should actually be on. That was big progress to pull that out, beat MSU and you're at 4-1. Hopefully they don't give all that progress back by laying an egg this week. As much as I don't think Fickell is good, steps are going in the right direction like was needed this year. Generally speaking, it would be best if he could get them back to the OK/fine/good level in the next few years and then work on some kind of transition out or take some other job. Much better than a mass firing overhaul situation. My connections inside the program say its still a complete unprofessional, disorganized chaotic mess behind the scenes though.
  6. All year I've wanted cubs out of our bracket and generally thought they were the 3rd best team in the NL. I'll still hate to play them since losing would be so painful. But at this point, they're fairly clearly the worst team in the NL wildcars and their pen has showed no signs of rebounding. If you took out the rivalry and them filling the stadium stuff, there's no way we should rather face SD/Phi than them.
  7. the quotes didn't come off overly whiny to me or anything, just kind of stating the reality that they have to wing the pitching. But yea he's looking to complain instead of seeing the pig pic. His team is in the playoffs, assuming the plan works that this lets them get these in and his team gets Sunday off. His team now just got a big big advantage in much more important games in the next round. Or, in the middle ground scenario that starting these games Friday but some stuff happens with delays/cancels that eventually leads to the 3rd game done Sunday instead of Monday, then it helped them out immensely. Or by having the DH Fri instead of possibly Sunday helps them too
  8. Not sure of a better spot to post it. But with how good Hall is looked and with so many rotation questions after Miz/Henderson for next year, I wouldn't mind seeing Hall given one last chance to get stretched out and start next year. I also feel more comfortable with him than Ashby in the lefty opener role this playoffs. He also did get up to 36 pitches last night, so could easily see him go 3-4 innings in a bullpen game if he's cruising
  9. Jeez, I was fairly optimistic on May when they got him but quite the dud here as he can't be trusted in the playoffs. Good stuff, get to our coaching staff and our infield D for sinker pitcher you think it would've been a good combo. I guess you still might have to use him after a lefty opener or something to try and get 2ish innings out of him. but really need a good outing from him next time out
  10. Another good May start tomorrow would be really encouraging for the 3rd starter spot. Combo him in someway with Ashby/Hall to cover 3 times through and get to the backend. Vs teams like Phi/Chi/LA the lefty opener really does make a lot of sense, as much as I hate to say it. Then May in afterwards
  11. Probably a fair thing to add is with Chourio missing a month it could/should be factored in that he's going start probably 30 or so fewer games than Happ
  12. I'd guess that one of Frelick or Mitchell is in a Durbin to Boston style trade this offseason. I think I've said year or so back to keep Mitchell for '26 and hope he can stay healthy to trade him after the season (rather than to have dumped him in the past for nothing). Though I know he's the better play for '27, I think I stick to the plan and try to cash him out before he gets hurt, since his salary will go up a lot and he's not controlled much longer. But I could see either route on which one gets moved.
  13. I've been a season ticket holder for 15ish years before last year being my first year without. Tickets in the same section and ballpark row were going for 10$ after fees on Saturday. If I kept my tickets it would average to roughly $120/ticket per game. I was fine paying extra when the team was good and even when they fell to just ok the last PC years since it helped the team. But once it got this extreme of a crap product and that you can go to every game for less than $30 then what is the point, the gap is just too wide. Even OSU last year was basically a giveaway
  14. Yea I'm confident Sproat is back next year, unless a trade for a star type comes up. Like at the deadline if he'd have been in the Skubal deal. I don't think they're gonna 'dump' him. Otherwise, with his clear arm talent and years of control. I think they give it another try and will have the whole offseason to help him (if they're allowed in the lockout). They essentially fixed Miz's control issues in one offseason. But my idiot on the internet eye test it seems his mechanics/delivery are less repeatable than Miz so it won't be as easy with him. But he only need to improve it a bit to be a contributing ML pitcher
  15. Bauers must still be nursing those injuries quite a bit to be out vs a lefty.
  16. I'd argue it helped them greatly. First, they didn't have to do the dumb WC round that they've lost in several times. Second, they got up 2-0 in the next round and ultimately won the round. Getting the 1 seed last year was the biggest thing that helped them get past some post season demons last year.
  17. Bet on MKE then. I actually do think their chances are better than what the odds will be set at, so I'd generally agree with your notion. But to the original ;point, they're a dog vs LA no matter who gets the extra game. So I don't value it a ton since no matter what I'm hoping LA gets beat before us, and if not I realize we need a lot of breaks to go our way. But yea, Freeman's power is down, Betts isn't what he was, Teoscar has been bad this year, Tucker has been bad, Ohtani is a tick below his normal hitting, etc. They aren't the unbeatable machine they could be, but come playoffs we all know they'll kick it in, and somehow Kiki will play at a HOF level for 3 weeks. But most importantly, even without Ohtani pitching their starting pitching is head and shoulders above everyone else, barring injury. One thing that could go a long way is one of the starters going down and not being able pitch playoffs.
  18. For 1 game with Miz on mound sure. I meant the whole series though. They'd still be clear dogs (assuming normal health from LAD). Maybe my word 'huge' is a bit off in baseball due to even the biggest still being like 35% to win a series. but they'd be clear dogs probably in the 57/43 range for the series For example: with the assumption we'll be 1 and them 2 right now, LA is +100 vs MKE +325 to win the NL
  19. I've been thinking the 2 is the best spot for a while. Sure you lose HF vs LAD if you play them, but you're a massive dog vs them no matter where it is. Your real hope is that someone beats LA before us anyway (them dropping to the 3 would be great) and if that happens you still have HF vs everyone else. But its not like they should tank to chase the 2. Things could still work themselves out with the Cubs dropping to 6 or maybe Phil catching ATL. Side note, is today the Cubs inevitably catch us in the standings according to real truth tellers?
  20. If the QB doesn't get hurt this year, I'd expect them to make a bowl with 6 or 7 wins since the schedule is so light. Which I think is enough for them to keep him around another year since it shows progress. With their logic mostly being that the money to buy him out and for a new coach would be better spent on players. I haven't looked in a bit so memory might be off, but every year or two more they get out of him reduces that cost. And the bs one year extensions every year do not change the buyout, hopefully that hasn't changed. I'll put the caveat on there that in their losses there isn't a big time blowout to a team the likes of Iowa/MN/MSU etc. If you lose to them its ok as long as you play real games vs them then its progress. Just get the two cupcake Ws, roughly split against the winnable remaining games, don't get blown the F out by other blah B1G teams, stop fumbling kicks every game, is enough progress. Step 1 is to actually roll over the crap team this weekend instead of struggling vs teams like this as they have the last few years. Anything less than that though, yea I agree he's gone. Even if the QB injury excuse is there again
  21. I'll admit they looked way more competent than the past two seasons. Can take some good positives from the 1H. And generally speaking, I think the D will be fine/competent. In addition, take away the terrible ref call to give them a free TD and it does change the game quite a bit. I know they wouldn't have won, but could've hung around a lot longer. Perhaps not being down as much leads to less pressure to throw and the pick 6 doesn't happen. Next thin you know its the 4th Q and maybe you're only down 7-10 and can claim you hung with a clear top 10 team. But ultimately in the first quarter of the season, after talking all offseason how this year is gonna be different they had: a fumbled kick, fumbled snap at critical point, and a dumb 15 yd personal foul. 3 of the main things that have plagued the whole Fickell era and the lack of discipline, attention to detail, coaching, etc. At this point, they should be fair catching every kick.
  22. Side note, its kind of surprising Ross hasn't popped back up as a manager somewhere. He did a perfectly fine job there. He was probably content collecting his free money for a year or two but you'd think his name would've been out there again by now.
  23. Yea that and it was the 5th or 6th inning and Vaughn had just hit, I think. So they were probably figuring just 1 more AB for Frelick at that point, and it didn't turn out that way. Plus if this is going to be a consistent route then Vaughn can't bat after Turang since its an automatic lefty to coming in for Turang/Frelick then since turang can't touch lefties. The unfortunate part on Bauers D in RF right now is that he's pretty clearly banged up in his lower body. OF course I'd never have called him good at RF D two months ago either, but lately he's clearly a step slow and off so its noticeable how bad he is. Which makes sense with balls off his feet, broken toe, those belly flop slides, etc. Seems he's taken a beating lately. And unfortunately this is the best way to keep the best hitters in the lineup. But with that I do get why they might yank a bit early especially with a lead to get one of the great defenders in there instead, especially when its likely only one more AB. The way things are going there should be plenty of times for rest by the end of the month
  24. Since late May he as like a 1.1 OPS. Its genuinely crazy and much closer to that freak bonds level than people realize. ANd if I remember right June/July area he was like 1.3 or something even crazier. But yes, obviously much more easily done since he's not massively pitched around (though being pitched around so much to automatically give a .450 OBP is a bit of 'cheat' on ops). But, pitching is also much more difficult to hit now than it was then. But yea while I respect it as real at this point, there's no way I expect him to be a consistent 1.1+ ops with 50+ HR and 45 SB type from here out which is what his late May til now pace would be
  25. To me its just the dumb jock bro vibe he gives off that annoys me. Prior to this year I didn't think much due to his offense being blah. He sucked on O to finish last year and started out trash this year. So I thought his 1H last year was a fluke. But after whatever date his turnaround started this year he's been neer Bonds level on O, while being elite at D. So its not like war type stuff is purely from D. I'm still not convinced his O can't be brought down by smarter pitching as he does still seem to chase too much. But this has been going on long enough that you have to respect it as real.
×
×
  • Create New...