Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. After failing to knock in a run with runners on 1st and 2nd base with nobody out, the Mudcats now find Salem runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody down after a fairly weak effort to corral a ball off the LF wall from OF Luis Castillo. Pretty poor positioning in both 'leaping' for the ball and the back-up CF effort who never played the bounce. Rodriguez had both batters at 0-2 counts and couldn't find the punch out pitch. Very good AB's from both young men.
  2. Boeve's first Double-A hit is a line drive single up the middle to CF. Noice. Men on 1st and 2nd. One down. First frame.
  3. @Smichaelis9: Entire Mudcats lineup looking hapless vs Wiehunt all night. Nicasia just ripped a laser show liner to RF for a double on an off-speed offering down and in below the belt. AB is at 1:57:37 in the viewing fyi. He ties Diaz and Baez with four doubles on the season.
  4. Black steals 2nd (and gets minorly banged up in doing so - definitely an 'EEeeeeek!' moment. BUT he looks ok just shook up a bit). Hicklen smacks a liner into LF for the RBi and then also steals 2nd base. Hicklen is now alone atop the International League with 12 total steals. I'm just going to say it again re: Hicklen Production matters. He absolutely unequivocally produces. Game in and game out. 6-3 Bats now and Collins is to the dish as the tying run after Mejias (DH tonight) walks.
  5. Rodriguez loses his 'No No' here in the 5th frame on a liner just up the middle infield past a diving Guilarte. Regardless of that knock, just a really fantastic outing for the talented righty.
  6. If I'm a Red Sox fan, I am super intrigued by what I'm seeing from talented 23-year-old RHP Blake Wiehunt (2023 9th Rd pick out of Kennesaw State). This is a High-A arm. 5 K through 4 IP and 1-of-2 singles was a very weakly hit ball.
  7. Hangs another one dead center cut. Belt high. Two-rbi single up the middle. LOTTA hard hit hanging pitches this inning. 6-2 Bats. It is very fair to say, the early going in 2024 has been a major regression for the young man. Very unfortunate start to his campaign. He just has no consistency in and around the zone in entirely too many innings. Several beautiful pitches before that smashed liner up the middle. Gorgeous off-speed. Then he just absolutely hung a heater belt high.
  8. He hangs another one dead center cut. Ripped to Right CF. A 2-run double. 4-2 Bats. We can put lipstick on a pig (for lack of a better phrase) but Carlos' outings, almost to a T, have looked like this all too often. Way too many hangers. No zone control. 2024 very much currently a rough grind for the talented young righty. Five straight on base for him. And, he's now 2-0 to the next batter.
  9. AND just like that he is inaccurate out of the zone when his heater flies well inside and smacks the batter in the upper body. HBP RBI for Louisville. 2-2 game. Ugly inning. Too many of these in early 2024 for Cargo for my liking.
  10. Rodriguez has them loaded after a walk and consecutive very hard hit singles to LF. The bad luck in the first was returned in kind when the first smack to LF gave the Sounds a favorable bounce off the foul territory wall and held the runner at 2B. Let's see if he can escape unscathed. He's hanging pitches in the zone in this frame.
  11. Really high quality Low-A pitching duel early between Carolina's Rodriguez and Salem's Wiehunt. Both men are absolutely dealing. 0-0 through 3. Wiehunt has some really nasty off-speed offerings. BT Dubbers: Rodriguez lacks a certain mark in his line through 4 IP - that kind of good outing.
  12. I see Dorrian is currently in an ongoing 0-for-20 slump. Man, for as talented as a player as Dorrian is, he definitely goes through these dry spells. Has to be frustrating for him. He just grounded out weakly to the pitcher after working an 0-2 count full.
  13. Mr. Everywhere Isaac Collins just crushed an off-speed offering down and in over the RF wall to get right back in front 2-1. He went down (batting from the left in this AB) and smacked that baby well over the wall. Man, I love this young mans game. 413 feet of distance. Sure looked like that was a bit over 100 mph to boot.
  14. In the 'Transaction Thread' HERE but worthy of a little celebration in the Game Thread. It didn't take long for our early season confoundedness to find its rightful answer:
  15. Ah, yes, the Minor League baseball season when a sequence of transactions brings me both great joy and celebration and sadness and 'what could have been?'. Best of luck to Guerrero who could just never seem to find that meaningful consistency at the High-A level.
  16. Finally, someone outside of myself celebrating Nicasia. I've been talking about him in game threads and reports for nearly a year. A guy whose results don't often show how enjoyable he is to watch play baseball. I'll go a step further: he has legitimate Sparks cannon arm upside from RF. That arm can sling it when really let loose. Sneaky power - really nice swing path. He is still a bit raw and hence the anomalies we see in his overall numbers (they tend to bounce up and down like a crypto chart, honestly). He's a young man who is also still growing into or filling out his body. You mention Barrios above - it's quite clear he filled out some in the off-season (I've spoken to this several times in game threads and reports: he definitely added 'something' this off-season - he looks a bit bigger and possibly a 1/2" to inch taller). Kay-Lan could look to Barrios' off-season regimen and follow suit: he could definitely still add some muscle to his slender frame. I'll even go another step further for you: I'll get mildly aggressive and put Kay-Lan in High-A before the end of July followed or contemporaneous with a promotion of the ACL Brewers OF Reece Walling. Another of my sleeper guys nobody talks about but who always found a way to pop off those ACL late-summer box scores in 2023.
  17. I one again am finding myself pretty infatuated with the prospects of WR Xavier Legette in the Green and Gold. And, tho not widely publicized, it appears he did have a Top 30 visit. In a draft filled with talented WR's, this is the mold and type of up-and-coming wideout who just makes sense as an add to the WR room. I mean, Legette and Wicks together? It's a small Packers dream of mine:
  18. No lead ever feels safe with the Bucks - just a friendly reminder. AND: 😅
  19. Crabapple jelly and hard cider are primo uses. They also are prolific flowering trees and, as such, provide several functions with other Rose family fruiting shrubs/trees or fruiting plants that share similar bloom times - they bring in the pollinators in droves. Litehouse is based out this way in Sandpoint, Idaho (about 50 minutes form my farm). I actually much prefer Toby's Blue Cheese dressing. If you haven't tried it, just hands down a better more robust Blue Cheese dressing - you should try it and let me know what you think. If you can't get it near you, I'll send you some. Seriously, it's that worth it. Flavortown Secret Sauce? Never heard of it. Excited to try it! I'll see if I can find it before this weekend and report back.
  20. Ahhhhh yes that somber afternoon in my mountain valley when I take a brief respite from cutting up an 80 foot tall Douglas Fir...sit on a stump...drink some fresh lemon water and check the scores. Instantly, I l lament sweeping the classiest organization in MLB in their ballpark and fantastic city while also deeply grieving another Cubs loss to the Marlins! Oh dear Couns, I weep for you and all Cubs fans!
  21. Zero mention of muh guy RHP J.B. Bukauskas and his 6 G, 6 IP, 0.143 BAA and 6:1 K:BB? I'm aghast. It's no wonder Murphy's usage began to discombobulate. He lost his four-leaf clover! PTSD.😁
  22. I just wanted to say: I absolutely LOVE the idea of JP-J being a Packer. That man is an absolute beast. And, I am quite surprised he is so glaringly under-discussed going to the Packers around pick 25. The man did not lose a single rep at the Senior Bowl. And, in those reps, according to those that were in attendance he was utterly dominant. If we were looking to upgrade the interior of the line, imho, this is how we do it. I would be 100% Day 1 all-aboard this hype train. Carry on...
  23. The thing for me in this is (and I know you know this) he's been really effective since late last season. So, he carried it into the off-season and got better. This year, he is just taking off on a different level and I am so here to witness him overcome his rough start as a Brewers prospect. AND, I always remind myself: he got drafted high with lofty expectations and was becoming a new father. That just is not an easy transition.
×
×
  • Create New...