Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. That's awesome. Javik is the perfect young man to help spearhead that program. Thanks for sharing.
  2. This is a massive early season 'Keep' for the Crew and the Sounds. I find it hard to believe he wasn't claimed. Hoping I get to see him early this week.
  3. This is now one of my fave Opening Day memories.😝
  4. What exactly do you mean with the Biloxi Youth thing? I didn't see it, no. Nashville has kiddos calling players to the plate in the early innings every year - 2nd or 3rd frame off hand? It is absolutely adorable and I love it. Yes, I am a girl dad.😅
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these tidbits. So grateful for what you share with us throughout each season! My hyper byullish 'Brewer Fanatic Top 20' placement of Rodriguez - based solely on how the Brewers featured him ad nauseam in their Dominican Academy grand opening video feature (which was awesome, btw) - seems like a prescient move. 😅 Very excited to watch him stateside!
  6. - I miss those September '23 Myers relief outings when he was flinging 98 mph darts with arm side run that flamed so hot they made the flowers droop - Really nice to see Collins given 2B again. I personally want to see him give that position quite a bit more than 2023 allowed him. He's actually quite good at 2B and with his overall offensive game I'd love to see him earn a daily position in the Sounds lineup. - Continue to love everything about J.B. Bukauskas.
  7. Very intriguing to say the least. Hard to fathom what that pitching lab is capable of...
  8. Fantastic bounce back today! That's the way to end a frustrating 3 game early season series on the road. Get back to it Tuesday where I'll finally get first action in front of the screen. Wiemer continues to do, well, absolutely nothing at the dish 😅. Let's hope he can get the motor running.
  9. Let's grab a 'W' and get back to Nashville, men. Time to start executing with men on base.
  10. Hall specifically addressed the Low Velo in the post-game interview. He was and is aware of it. Mentioned he absolutely sees his velo rising several ticks as the season progresses. Said it is a distinct process going from 1 IP where you can absolutely sling it versus trying to go many more innings. He also suffered from a distinct case of the pre-game jitters. SO, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Source here:
  11. Cowherd is still insufferable. That's good trolling!
  12. Right? 30-0 run? Against the Illini? That is, well, that's nuts.
  13. Small Sample Alert: In first 2 games the Sounds are 2-for-23 with RISP. 20 men LOB. 25 K as a collective unit 😵‍💫. Today, they outhit the Mud Hens 9-to-6. Early season rust in full patina, absolutely. The Pitching has been just fine. I don't anticipate this level of futility will become the norm but I have to call a spade when I see one: I just don't particularly like the offensive lineup construction at present. There are several things I could expound on here but let me focus on a simple one: I continue to disapprove and lack comprehensive understanding of Wes Clarke back in Double-A. The young man is a danger with a stick in his hands - he can drive in runs. I (absolutely my opinion) don't see Joey Wiemer as a cleanup hitter at present. I understand the thinking behind it but, again to me, this is wishful thinking given the major swing overhaul. Wes Clarke? I know he produces runs. AND, maybe I am drunken to add more K's to the 25 we've already seen? Hard to tell.😅 Anyhow...Sweetie and staff will figure it out and they'll work with the hand they are dealt. In the early going of 2024, I have personal contentions with roster constructions and player placements. Shocker. None of what I say here is emotionally charged in any way or has any ounce of finger wagging. It's a long season and many many changes will occur at every level. But, I do know in the long view of my time following of the Brewers Minor Leagues: when I see something or have an intuition on players or rosters they tend to be fairly accurate. Let's get them tomorrow.
  14. I am here to remind us all the J.B Bukauskas revenge tour can begin at any moment. I am calling for J.B. to essentially be this year's Stryz feel good story.
  15. But, technically, wasn't he reading or looking and reading? (BT Dubs this is just a bad Dad joke. I couldn't resist.)
  16. I am crushed by the Shears news. So much of that peripheral data in the walks department relates to umps not knowing how to call his splitter and the catchers not quite knowing how to catch it. He is filthy. This was a big developmental year. Let's hope for an impeccable recovery and he returns even stronger. <insert BIG sad face on this Fanatic>
  17. On the other hand, getting the Minor League season going with a classic Jim Goulart Minor League report?
  18. Well hard to fathom a more depressing start to my Minor League season. First Quero (prayer hands still flying high) BUT now Shears - a known favorite of mine - with TJ?!?
  19. One more follow up to the slide. This lip reading (NSFW) is impeccably done and hilarious:
  20. Thanks for all the updates, Daniel! Very much appreciated.
  21. Oh man just saw that clip of Quero. I am officially scared; nervous; heartbroken. Please baseball gods if you can hear me: let it be a shocking stinger or a bruise or a jammed shoulder. PLEASE.🥹
  22. Quero injured? Good grief. Let's hope hope hope he is Ok! UGH.
  23. Saw the score. Saw the Box Score (en route to a Date night getaway - WUT?!?) I thought only one thing. One line. One ethos. Let's GO!
  24. I can't argue with the fact they absolutely look old and tired. A regular season grind is obviously not ideal for such a scene. Could they get hot in the post-season? Sure. That's possible. I can absolutely see a first or second round exit just as much as I could see an improbable run to the ECF or Championship round. I think the most amazing part of this season, outside the obvious blown coaching hire, was at every corner the Bucks personnel staff willingly chose to get older. At every turn. Thankfully, they have something in the youth cupboard. But, man, when Giannis' first FG attempt in a final quarter is with 28 seconds left...I don't even know. 😅
  25. In true fashion, this old crotchety farm hand completely forgot he has a date night getaway with his wife. She booked a place 'on the river' as it twere for an overnight escapade. I think I forgot because, well, I essentially never leave my farm. LOL. I guess I'll be reading through the game thread later in the evening, checking the box score, and then attempting to tune in early and often on Saturday. 😅 Here's hoping the men come out ready to go. Enjoy the game y'all. Brewers baseball is back!
×
×
  • Create New...