Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. I just watched Scott Scheffler play a masterful -8 64 to become the first player in the 50 year history at TPC Sawgrass to win back-to-backs. Scheffler is incredible. Wyndham Clark lost in gut wrenching fashion, to boot, missing the potential tying putt on 18. Perfect line. Felt like perfect pace. And it just didn't drop even tho it touched 1/2 the cup. AND, this was Scheffler's 8th Tour Win. He has 1 Major. Tiger won 82 Tour events and 15 Majors. My gods I miss watching prime Tiger play golf. 😅
  2. I am here for J.B. Bukauskas deep dives. Yes. YES. YES. I've been waiting all for ST for this piece @Jack Stern. Thank you for giving this under-the-radar bullpen stalwart his due. The old cliché is: The cream rises to the top. If you watched the Sounds last season, this is an apropos (if overused) phrase. Off the top of my head, outside of Peguero and Megill, he was the one call-up from the Pen who consistently pitched effective innings with the Brewers. While other young arms scuffled mightily, even in mop-up roles, Bukauskas kept delivering clean innings. He dealt with the option game with aplomb and kept dealing - he only conceded 2 ER in all of August and September over 17 outings with the Sounds and Brewers. I personally feel we should all be 'excited' about another legitimate candidate to be a possible stabilizing arm out of the Pen. Such a valuable type of player when you find them.
  3. 30 years with the Brewers. Mike Guerrero is a treasure. As a connoisseur of the Brewers system, it would be interesting to know if the move was one of actual promotion or something else. Three decades is an immense commitment to an organization. I simply hope this was on his terms or, in the very least, a mutual decision. From the looks of that interview, I would casually opine it doesn't look as tho he was ready to hand over the managing duties. Regardless, every affiliate will benefit from his immense breadth of knowledge and lifetime in baseball.
  4. I admire your optimism. You absolutely may be right. But, I do believe the percentages don't favor this outcome. Regardless of my own bias and historicity, the NFC North certainly looks quite a bit better as a whole on paper than it did in 2023. Shaping up to possibly be a very competitive division.
  5. Congrats Badgers fans! That must have been a fun one. Overcoming such FT discrepancies and, well, unfavorable discrepancies in most meaningful categories has to feel like an awesome outlier victory. Any time any Wisconsin team can win in that regard is a fantastic outcome. Good luck in the Finals.
  6. Bears fans continue to be spot on regarding their team. A glorious trade on a glorious Saturday. I can not wait for (1) the demise of Caleb Williams when he is forced to play early or (2) Caleb Williams' camp now publicly stating they refuse to play in Chicago. Either way, we are already well underway to their next set of foibles. I fondly recall the litany of Bears fans claiming they could get either a 1st or 2nd rd pick in addition to future draft assets. Incredible.
  7. Being the erudite fashionista that I am in the prime of youth, I have to ask: What are we doing here FOCO? The sole Brewers actual overall is white with pin stripes - ie a tailgate nightmare waiting to happen. The clear overall best look is a pinstripe bib overall? Commmmmme on.
  8. Biloxi's 2023 season ended in September. Let's get even more recent: In a Venezuelan Winter League averaging 5-6 years years older than OF Carlos D. Rodriguez (23), he raked a .348/.891 across 35 games. He controversially finished one single point off the 'Rookie of the Year' voting ballot. Like Collins (who I continue to politely opine is a much more natural 2B but is flexible enough to play LF despite an arm befitting 2B), Cargo is a fantastic baseball player. I expect big things in 2024.
  9. Lara (as you already know) is just so good. One of those guys that impacts every facet of the game in disruptive ways. All the accolades coming from Murphy in MLB ST seemed to be a re-emphasizing and clear testament to how highly the org views him. Hard to fathom we could be very possibly be seeing him in Triple-A by season's end given we were scouring DSL box scores just two years ago. The International pipeline carries onward.
  10. Well, that absolutely stinks. That's all there is to say about that. I'm going to go ahead and guess they are going to go with a committee approach early to see if anyone player can grab that role as the interim. Ouch also comes to mind. Ouch.
  11. I legit LOL'd:
  12. I have no idea, honestly. Originally the transaction wire had said Biloxi too. When I checked back to update our thread yesterday evening it had been amended to state Nashville. His MiLB page currently has him going to Nashville so I am sticking with that for now. Quite a jump for the young man who has struggled to stay healthy to date in his young career.
  13. Staying current with the ongoing roster reductions/allocations MLB side of ST: - C Jeferson Quero was optioned to the Nashville Sounds - RHP Bradley Blalock was optioned to the Nashville Sounds - OF Chris Roller was optioned to the Nashville Sounds
  14. Pretty big fan of the Nixon re-up. He does a lot for the team. Had stretches of really good ball. I think he'll benefit from a D-Coordinator who knows how to cater to a secondary player's strengths as well. They still likely need another CB in the first 4 rds.
  15. For me, it's really as simple as I hope he leaves the NFC North. Texans would be awesome.
  16. Very good RB
  17. (Note: NSFW due to a couple of 'F' bombs - maybe just one.) I continue to LOVE Pat Bev in the state of Wisconsin playing professional basketball with the Milwaukee Bucks.
  18. Oh dear. A tradition as old as any other in the NFC North. Yuck.
  19. We can all have our differing opinions on Jacobs. BUT, as a West Coast person I got to see plenty of the Raidahhhhs. When he is healthy, he is absolutely elite. Plus, Oakland was entirely boring with how they used him as a pass catcher. This just in: he's a very good pass catcher with very good hands. This is essentially a 1 year $14.5 Million prove it deal with 3 club options tacked on. That's how I view it, at least. If we get a healthy Jacobs, this is a big get. Extremely sad to see a Packers legend go in Jones. Very excited they have a back as good as Jacobs to fill that bill immediately. Especially if I consider we nabbed the best cover safety in the League.
  20. Whoa. Shocked. This one stings.
  21. WOOF. This One came outtta left field. Ouch!
  22. Bad offense. Bad O-Line. Classic Raiders drama. Injured most of the year. If he's healthy, he will be electric.
×
×
  • Create New...