Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. A well-seasoned chorizo will state its case as an 'every race' threat - every season, every game, and most definitely every race. Sometimes, and this is rare like we witnessed in 2023, the culinary team gets a little overzealous and throws in a bit too much pork fat in the blend. The seasoning gets washed out some and there is just no leg in those spicy little numbers. If I were a betting man, I'd simply opine chorizo was weighted down - by expectations, sure, but more actual fat. They sprinted into a full season overcooked. Tossed in a scramble and drowned in quick carb potatoes - sprinting out of the gates but losing that long distance mettle that wins those championship trophies. Huh. It seems to me they were the omen for the Brewers squandered playoff hopes if we were reading the tea leaves. We were too busy dreaming big while chorizo was bearing the weight of our inevitable burden. My friends tell me: "It's just a sausage race!" OH NO, I say! OH NO! Chorizo is life.
  2. They won 17-5 last night. They smacked Glendale 16-1 today. Yowza! The Saguaros move to a prickly 5-4 record overall. King saw the mound again and pitched a scoreless 1 K frame. Manning second base again, EBJ hit his 3rd dub of his AFL stint in a 2-for-6, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 K outing (moved up to 2nd in the batting order - a welcome sight). And, Clarke was back back at first base hitting in the clean-up spot with a 1-for-4, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K outing. After these last two contests, just take a quick look at the heart of the Saguaros batting order: (1-thru-6)
  3. I believe you mean 'three double plays'. Has there ever been a game with 2 triple plays? That'd be something!
  4. Surprise leads 13-1 in the 6th 😮 EBJ is 2-for-3 with 2 R, 2 RBI, 1 BB, and 1 K. Mendez Is 1-for-4 with 1 R, 2 RBI, and 1 K. He also has a fielding error in RF.
  5. Clarke appears to be getting the evening off 🥲. EBJ and Mendez will try to wake up their bats. EBJ is back at SS while Mendez will man the RF grass as the Saguaros (3-4) take on the Scottsdale Scorpions (3-3).
  6. I like the usage of "...one possibility." I am going to take this as a sign Matt Arnold sees what I see: Black is skilled enough to be part of a platoon. And he is skilled enough to play more than one position. And his bat and his base running is his primary position. Just a lil bit of innuendo on my part. Little bit.😅
  7. Absolutely agreed on the 1B take. If anyone questions that just go back to Devanney's (a very good infielder) failed fill-in at 1B attempt post-Singleton trade. Whereas Toro was actually quite good, Devanney was a quagmire in his brief opportunity. As to Black, he definitely improved and got more comfortable as the year progressed. And, I think it's important to note we are still looking at an incredibly low amount of opportunities. And Black has been the consummate pro in accepting all the moving around, giving it his all (often in completely foreign positions), and all the while continuing to advance an already elite offensive skillset. He showed he has some range (tho limited and obviously inexperienced) and has an arm that plays from the hot corner. Regardless, I personally just repeatedly go back to the sentiments @Smichaelis9and I share: he'll be competent enough at numerous spots (ie he likely won't outright lose you games), with an elite offensive skill set too premium to ignore, that ultimately he could be a utility guy on steroids who can cover numerous positions and always have the DH fall back. I have watched Black play 2B, CF, 3B, and 1B in nearly every game he was called upon since being a prospect in the Brewers system. I don't see an elite defender by any means but I consistently see good effort and intensity and well more than enough offensive showcasing to validate spot playing him at any of these positions (tho, obviously, he'll likely never touch the CF grass in Milwaukee unless in an absolute emergency). His greatest impact on the game will predominantly come in the batters box and on the base paths and it has a legitimate shot to be elite impact as he adjusts to MLB pitching. He is just so strong, fast, and coordinated with a bat in his hands. He has an uncannily unique ability to make meaningful contact to gaps. In his first committed season to exploring his power stroke we witnessed fabulous results. Then we factor in how ridiculously dangerous he has gotten on the base paths in a year's time...it will all figure itself out. My main over-arching point is I personally think where he ends up playing defensively won't matter all that much. I see him moving around. His bat is what needs to be the consistent mainstay - if that makes sense.
  8. The first such honor of his career. And, rightfully so. Given he was so lights out at the dish I found his spot PT in the deciding Biscuits series fairly questionable. He was on a heater and I personally felt he needed AB's every day until he cooled off. Hindsight ye ol 20/20 and all.
  9. Just came here to post this but my man alllllll the way overseas beat me to it - because, well, he's 'the man'. I found this part uber-relatable being a super dork and dad joke connoisseur myself: Love Boz. Storybook ending to an otherwise challenged Triple-A season. I'll be rooting for him wherever he lands in 2024.
  10. Surprise loses (3-4) to the undefeated Javelinas (6-0 - what is this the Dodgers DSL?!?) to a 5-3 score. Clarke ended up 1-for-4 with the HR (his 3rd). EBJ went 0-for-3 with a BB and a K while being picked off 1B. RHP Shane Smith tossed yet another scoreless inning of work - 1 H, 0 BB, 1 K (this is almost to be expected at this point). It's only a 7 game sample size but the Saguaros can''t be all too thrilled with the production they are getting from the Rangers' Cameron Cauley and EBJ at SS and 2B.
  11. I mean: (I really like his teammate Mannell too - nice deceptive two-seamer)
  12. Yeah, I've been loosely tracking. Ridiculous Spin numbers here. When your evolving fastball is your third lowest spin pitch at 2734 RPM...that is a very very good sign. When hitters don't know what it is and can't touch it also mucho bueno 😂
  13. And, remember, we have a running Arizona Fall League thread in our Minor League Forum. Stop in early and often as we give game-by-game results and recaps and other highlights and tidbits as they come along. If you couldn't write a story like this, maybe you'll feel more comfortable there.🤭
  14. "Think you could write a story like this?" I always feel like I am getting smack talked after reading these. Let's go!
  15. On Birchard from BA (subscription required): Ryan Birchard May be the Brewers Next Junior College Gem
  16. It's the off-season and I've been surfing Juco arms. And, today, 2023 Reds 18th Rdr RHP Drew Pestka came back on my radar. He bet on himself going back to Logan to improve his draft stock and it's safe to say he is currently winning that bet: I could absolutely see the Brewers prioritizing an arm like this in the top 10 rounds of 2024. Who are some names or players that intrigue you at this juncture?
  17. Seminaris 30 Second Vid Clip for Those that don't Read Above Article
  18. The Hulkster that is Wes Clarke is 2-for-2 with his 2nd AFL long ball. He has all 4 Saguaros RBI's. Surprise leads 4-0 in the bottom of the 5th. The man has been on a sizzle for quite some time and I will not tone down my excitement for his game. Hendry Mendez's ongoing futility at the dish has continued through two AB's (0-for-2).l as a woeful 2023 stays gloomy. LHP Adam Seminaris has put on a masterclass through his 4 IP (second pitcher on the hill for the Saguaros). so far: 1 H, 0 BB, 0 R and 7 K. Wow.
  19. Careful. We might get a @Smichaelis9drool emoji in 3...2...1
  20. EBJ is the lone Brewer in the Saguaros line up to start their knock versus the 3-0 Scottsdale Scorpions. He will be once again playing 2B - an interesting development early in the AFL. He led off with a single and scored Surprise's first run as they began their tilt with 4 consecutive singles. Let's hope these young men can get a much needed 'W'.
×
×
  • Create New...