-
Posts
18,796 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
232
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Events
News
2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking
Milwaukee Brewers Videos
2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project
2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Joseph Zarr
-
A friend of our family is in the Yankees personnel department and has advanced fairly close to a voice in Cashman's ear. He said Perkins has made noticeable improvements in the patience of his approach this past season. I would offer his lefty stroke reminds me quite a bit of Garrett Mitchell. Anyhow, I know it's not cool to not complain but I'm excited to watch his growth in Nashville (and perhaps Milwaukee) in 2023. Fun signing.
-
Misc. Minor League Alumni News & Notes
Joseph Zarr replied to Jim Goulart's topic in Brewers Minor League Talk
Love me some Pablo Reyes. Let's hope he gets some meaningful MLB burn ala Mark Mathias with the Rangers just this past season. Pablo wore many hats with the Sounds - including the clubhouse translator for the Spanish speaking teammates. He will be missed. -
Article: Brewers Add Four Players to 40-Man Roster
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Also, I said it all summer in my Minor League Reports: Jon Singleton: really talented baseball player. Did I think he'd be protected from the Rule 5 draft? Heck no. Am I disappointed? Absolutely not. Incredibly underrated defense and hands. Always a threat to go long off a righty. Always a threat to grab a free pass - he set the Sounds single season record for walks in 2022. Cam Robinson scuffled and struggled some in his promotions to Double and Triple-A, respectively. BUT, let us not forget: when he is on he is very on. He did throw an immaculate inning in Nashville. It's fairly evident the Brewers know they have something here. Lively arm. Lotta violence in his delivery. Saves leader across all of Minor League baseball in 2022 so he is capable of handling big moments. I expect bigger and better things as he gets more experience. I am saddened they didn't ensure Devanney's protection. Extremely underrated talent. If he gets nabbed, I'm going to be fairly bummed. He made my ritual nightly Brewers Minor League viewings (especially in Biloxi) more enjoyable. He has a bright future - I just hope it's with the Crew.- 120 replies
-
- brice turang
- abner uribe
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Brewers Add Four Players to 40-Man Roster
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Also, I said it all summer in my Minor League Reports: Jon Singleton: really talented baseball player. Did I think he'd be protected from the Rule 5 draft? Heck no. Am I disappointed? Absolutely not. Incredibly underrated defense and hands. Always a threat to go long off a righty. Always a threat to grab a free pass - he set the Sounds single season record for walks in 2022. Cam Robinson scuffled and struggled some in his promotions to Double and Triple-A, respectively. BUT, let us not forget: when he is on he is very on. He did throw an immaculate inning in Nashville. It's fairly evident the Brewers know they have something here. Lively arm. Lotta violence in his delivery. Saves leader across all of Minor League baseball in 2022 so he is capable of handling big moments. I expect bigger and better things as he gets more experience. I am saddened they didn't ensure Devanney's protection. Extremely underrated talent. If he gets nabbed, I'm going to be fairly bummed. He made my ritual nightly Brewers Minor League viewings (especially in Biloxi) more enjoyable. He has a bright future - I just hope it's with the Crew.- 120 replies
-
- brice turang
- abner uribe
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Brewers Add Four Players to 40-Man Roster
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Yeah, Uribe is as untouchable as it gets. You don't let a guy who regularly sits 98-99 and touches 101 with some nasty breaking stuff sit idly by while the Tampa Bay Rays find a way to scoop him up for their Big League roster. Uribe dominanced in the AFL: 0 runs allowed over six weeks with massive K numbers. What's more? I'm fairly certain he was working on a secondary fastball grip in Arizona too. I can't confirm this. I haven't seen it confirmed. BUT, I'm fairly certain he was working on multiple grips in Arizona. There's a lot in his toolkit and I would surmise he's adding to it.- 120 replies
-
- brice turang
- abner uribe
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Brewers Add Four Players to 40-Man Roster
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Yeah, Uribe is as untouchable as it gets. You don't let a guy who regularly sits 98-99 and touches 101 with some nasty breaking stuff sit idly by while the Tampa Bay Rays find a way to scoop him up for their Big League roster. Uribe dominanced in the AFL: 0 runs allowed over six weeks with massive K numbers. What's more? I'm fairly certain he was working on a secondary fastball grip in Arizona too. I can't confirm this. I haven't seen it confirmed. BUT, I'm fairly certain he was working on multiple grips in Arizona. There's a lot in his toolkit and I would surmise he's adding to it.- 120 replies
-
- brice turang
- abner uribe
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Misc. Minor League Alumni News & Notes
Joseph Zarr replied to Jim Goulart's topic in Brewers Minor League Talk
In the Rays quest to own at least 25% of the Milwaukee Brewers Farm, they retroactively amend a mistake from the 2022 trade deadline: Rays trade INF Brett Wisely to the SF Giants for OF Tristan Peters -
They've also selected the contracts of: RHP Cam Robinson AND 1B 'Big' Jon Singleton ** As Singleton's biggest fan on this board, even I am surprised. Tho, as I said numerous times during the 2022 season: he's a very undervalued talent. Fantastic defender. Always a power threat and always a threat to take the free pass or strikeout. Fascinating.
- 80 replies
-
- brice turang
- cam robinson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
They've also selected the contracts of: RHP Cam Robinson AND 1B 'Big' Jon Singleton ** As Singleton's biggest fan on this board, even I am surprised. Tho, as I said numerous times during the 2022 season: he's a very undervalued talent. Fantastic defender. Always a power threat and always a threat to take the free pass or strikeout. Fascinating.
- 80 replies
-
- brice turang
- cam robinson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Bump. Less than 24 hours away from the Rule 5 Draft protection deadline, and the Brewers MLB roster sits at 35. Quite interesting.
- 80 replies
-
- brice turang
- cam robinson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Brewers Spotlight: LHP Brandon Knarr (Part 3)
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Brewers Minor League Talk
I feel like the Rays should consider combining teams and locations at this point - the whole shebang. Tampa can benefit from the Brewers fan base. Brewers fans can benefit from a broader talent pool and a neo-tropical locale. Additionally, there is some serious Metal merch to be sold with the moniker 'Devil Brewers'. The team could brand their 'Red Ales' accordingly. Considering the highly successful, and routine at this point, mutual benefits when swapping players...there's a lot of side hustle to explore here. I digress. Love, the Knarrly man. I feel like their is a sub-genre of pitcher type in the Brewer's system at present and this group is led by Knarr, Castaneda, and Hasler. I want to know which of these young guns can squat more weight. -
Article: Brewers Spotlight: LHP Brandon Knarr (Part 3)
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Brewers Minor League Talk
I feel like the Rays should consider combining teams and locations at this point - the whole shebang. Tampa can benefit from the Brewers fan base. Brewers fans can benefit from a broader talent pool and a neo-tropical locale. Additionally, there is some serious Metal merch to be sold with the moniker 'Devil Brewers'. The team could brand their 'Red Ales' accordingly. Considering the highly successful, and routine at this point, mutual benefits when swapping players...there's a lot of side hustle to explore here. I digress. Love, the Knarrly man. I feel like their is a sub-genre of pitcher type in the Brewer's system at present and this group is led by Knarr, Castaneda, and Hasler. I want to know which of these young guns can squat more weight. -
Just bumping this as our friendly reminder: The Brewers (and all MLB teams) have until November 15th to protect players from the Rule 5 draft (December 7th). That is less than 4 days from now. Let the countdown clock commence… As many of you know, I will be paying steadfast attention to one of Elon’s finest, INF Cam Devanney. For his latest thoughts check HERE (note: subscription required for interview). I think it’s quite obvious (at least, it should be) RHP Abner Uribe has locked himself into protection. BUT, I for one am going to return to consult Jim’s awesome work above.
- 80 replies
-
- brice turang
- cam robinson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Just bumping this as our friendly reminder: The Brewers (and all MLB teams) have until November 15th to protect players from the Rule 5 draft (December 7th). That is less than 4 days from now. Let the countdown clock commence… As many of you know, I will be paying steadfast attention to one of Elon’s finest, INF Cam Devanney. For his latest thoughts check HERE (note: subscription required for interview). I think it’s quite obvious (at least, it should be) RHP Abner Uribe has locked himself into protection. BUT, I for one am going to return to consult Jim’s awesome work above.
- 80 replies
-
- brice turang
- cam robinson
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Brewers Spotlight: LHP Brandon Knarr (Part 1)
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Brewers Minor League Talk
What was really great to watch in Knarrly's overall season was how he faced adversity and overcame it in Biloxi. It is not easy to pitch in the Southern League - at all. He came aboard initially and was phenomenal. He faced adversity after his final 3 starts in July and into early August. Something clicked, some adjustments were made (?), an approach changed (?), after facing the Braves on the road in early August. Personally, I'd love to hear about this particular stretch of games and what he did to close out the season so strongly. He was striking out batters incredibly well in July but the walks went up into August and his WHIP had jumped to 1.42. In the three games I watched in September he slashed that way back to a very respectable 1.19 WHIP. Anyhow, 2023 is another big year for a young Brewers hurler and this will absolutely be true for Mr. Knarr. -
Article: Brewers Spotlight: LHP Brandon Knarr (Part 1)
Joseph Zarr replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Brewers Minor League Talk
What was really great to watch in Knarrly's overall season was how he faced adversity and overcame it in Biloxi. It is not easy to pitch in the Southern League - at all. He came aboard initially and was phenomenal. He faced adversity after his final 3 starts in July and into early August. Something clicked, some adjustments were made (?), an approach changed (?), after facing the Braves on the road in early August. Personally, I'd love to hear about this particular stretch of games and what he did to close out the season so strongly. He was striking out batters incredibly well in July but the walks went up into August and his WHIP had jumped to 1.42. In the three games I watched in September he slashed that way back to a very respectable 1.19 WHIP. Anyhow, 2023 is another big year for a young Brewers hurler and this will absolutely be true for Mr. Knarr. -
These 'Spotlights' are fantastic @Seth Stohs. Thanks for the work to get these 'out there'. It was a pleasure to watch Eric play for Carolina - in the short healthy period we were afforded. We're rooting for you, young man. Stay the course. The plan is in motion.
- 4 replies
-
- eric brown jr
- eric brown jr
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
These 'Spotlights' are fantastic @Seth Stohs. Thanks for the work to get these 'out there'. It was a pleasure to watch Eric play for Carolina - in the short healthy period we were afforded. We're rooting for you, young man. Stay the course. The plan is in motion.
- 4 replies
-
- eric brown jr
- eric brown jr
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I would propose Zavier Warren is having an incredible career trajectory altering second half to 2022 (ongoing in the AFL) and is a solid 3B and is now expanding his arsenal to 1B. Just a savvy savvy smart baseball player whose advanced hit tool is finally seeing results. Additionally, I would like to remind people Cam Devanney is the best 3B in the Brewers system. And, if we toss out post-COVID 2021 (87 Games in Double-A Biloxi) he has 189 combined games between 2019 and 2022 hitting an 0.840 OPS while absolutely raking in his 16 game late-season playoff-push promotion to Triple-A (0.306 BA/ 0.928 OPS) . His defense is undeniably elite with an incredible arm. Needs to continue working on K:BB ratio tho it certainly isn't prohibitive. Carry on.
- 103 replies
-
- josh jung
- mark vientos
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I would propose Zavier Warren is having an incredible career trajectory altering second half to 2022 (ongoing in the AFL) and is a solid 3B and is now expanding his arsenal to 1B. Just a savvy savvy smart baseball player whose advanced hit tool is finally seeing results. Additionally, I would like to remind people Cam Devanney is the best 3B in the Brewers system. And, if we toss out post-COVID 2021 (87 Games in Double-A Biloxi) he has 189 combined games between 2019 and 2022 hitting an 0.840 OPS while absolutely raking in his 16 game late-season playoff-push promotion to Triple-A (0.306 BA/ 0.928 OPS) . His defense is undeniably elite with an incredible arm. Needs to continue working on K:BB ratio tho it certainly isn't prohibitive. Carry on.
- 103 replies
-
- josh jung
- mark vientos
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks for the posts all. As I'm nostalgic for this past season and longing for my Minor League tilts, I simply want to say I will look back on Stearns' legacy with only fondness. His leadership completely reinvigorated my passion and love for the organization. I have nothing negative to say. And, I would also like to take a moment to laud David Stearns for gifting and rewarding Matt Arnold with this opportunity. I choose to embrace this version of this story - two colleagues and friends; both incredibly qualified for a POBO role. I won't go further here but I think it's possible, maybe even likely, this was simply an act of professional and personal grace. I would also say, in the greater universe, 7 year cycles are literally the rule of shift and change. I digress but, this serendipitous transition isn't lost on my Farmer's POV. I waited until Giannis and innovative leadership and vision to see the Bucks grab an improbable championship. I'm willing to give my beloved Brewers every chance to get it. Who could have foreseen Yelich's injuries and regressions? I certainly didn't. They still have all the relevant pieces to continue making runs. Our Minor League talent pool is in good standing. This is another big off-season and I'm excited to see what Matt Arnold can do given his new position and an incredible baseball Ops staff.
-
Thanks for the posts all. As I'm nostalgic for this past season and longing for my Minor League tilts, I simply want to say I will look back on Stearns' legacy with only fondness. His leadership completely reinvigorated my passion and love for the organization. I have nothing negative to say. And, I would also like to take a moment to laud David Stearns for gifting and rewarding Matt Arnold with this opportunity. I choose to embrace this version of this story - two colleagues and friends; both incredibly qualified for a POBO role. I won't go further here but I think it's possible, maybe even likely, this was simply an act of professional and personal grace. I would also say, in the greater universe, 7 year cycles are literally the rule of shift and change. I digress but, this serendipitous transition isn't lost on my Farmer's POV. I waited until Giannis and innovative leadership and vision to see the Bucks grab an improbable championship. I'm willing to give my beloved Brewers every chance to get it. Who could have foreseen Yelich's injuries and regressions? I certainly didn't. They still have all the relevant pieces to continue making runs. Our Minor League talent pool is in good standing. This is another big off-season and I'm excited to see what Matt Arnold can do given his new position and an incredible baseball Ops staff.
-
Firstly, I'm not picking on you. But, I'm also saying: he didn't really struggle in Triple-A. As to playing in Nashville, he was getting intermittent PT - 3-4 days off was routine. He was in a rotation. So, I simply take it with a grain of salt given 66 AB's. What's more telling than anything is he was promoted very late given his absurd production in Biloxi and he wasn't thrust into the starting line-up whatsoever. He was 2nd or 3rd in a rotation. And, when he first played, moreover, he was in LF. You have to remember, at that time there was an Alex Jackson/Navarreto and a Feliciano at Nashville. Severino was also playing in Milwaukee at that time - as we know, he ultimately was optioned and at that time...he's just not high on the pecking order. SO, as you say, he would have had to arrived in Nashville ripping and then some to move up the ladder or to gain relevance.
- 20 replies
-
- sal frelick
- jackson chourio
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Firstly, I'm not picking on you. But, I'm also saying: he didn't really struggle in Triple-A. As to playing in Nashville, he was getting intermittent PT - 3-4 days off was routine. He was in a rotation. So, I simply take it with a grain of salt given 66 AB's. What's more telling than anything is he was promoted very late given his absurd production in Biloxi and he wasn't thrust into the starting line-up whatsoever. He was 2nd or 3rd in a rotation. And, when he first played, moreover, he was in LF. You have to remember, at that time there was an Alex Jackson/Navarreto and a Feliciano at Nashville. Severino was also playing in Milwaukee at that time - as we know, he ultimately was optioned and at that time...he's just not high on the pecking order. SO, as you say, he would have had to arrived in Nashville ripping and then some to move up the ladder or to gain relevance.
- 20 replies
-
- sal frelick
- jackson chourio
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

