Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brock Beauchamp

Site Manager
  • Posts

    7,067
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    47

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brock Beauchamp

  1. I'm even less confident than that. I'm not entirely convinced the Brewers have a Cleveland-esque pitching pipeline. Yeah, Burnes and Woodruff are outstanding but I'm going to need more data points before I'm convinced this organization can conjure good starting pitching at will, as Cleveland seems to do every season.
  2. I'm even less confident than that. I'm not entirely convinced the Brewers have a Cleveland-esque pitching pipeline. Yeah, Burnes and Woodruff are outstanding but I'm going to need more data points before I'm convinced this organization can conjure good starting pitching at will, as Cleveland seems to do every season.
  3. I could easily see the Orioles aggressively pursuing Burnes. Given the direction of the franchise, their potential for spending, and their robust farm system, it's exactly the kind of thing I see them trying this offseason.
  4. I guess it boils down to your definition of "significant". I consider two low ball prospects with upside rather significant for an executive who may have had one foot out the door either way. But I agree the most likely outcome is for everyone to stand pat for 12 months, see how Eppler does in 2023, then reevaluate the situation.
  5. I guess it boils down to your definition of "significant". I consider two low ball prospects with upside rather significant for an executive who may have had one foot out the door either way. But I agree the most likely outcome is for everyone to stand pat for 12 months, see how Eppler does in 2023, then reevaluate the situation.
  6. Yeah, disregarding money you keep Burnes over Woodruff close to 100% of the time... but that's not the way baseball works, unfortunately.
  7. Yeah, disregarding money you keep Burnes over Woodruff close to 100% of the time... but that's not the way baseball works, unfortunately.
  8. They also throw way harder now, which is probably the root cause of most of those injuries.
  9. They also throw way harder now, which is probably the root cause of most of those injuries.
  10. I think Burnes is a more likely trade candidate, as I believe the Brewers have less of a chance of extending him past arb. I hope I’m wrong but that’s the situation I see.
  11. I think Burnes is a more likely trade candidate, as I believe the Brewers have less of a chance of extending him past arb. I hope I’m wrong but that’s the situation I see.
  12. This isn't really totally "news" because Stearns is still under contract and any pursuit by the Mets would require negotiation with the Brewers and would surely come with a hefty cost. And it's pretty hard to see the Mets bailing on Eppler after a wildly successful season, even if said season ended in disappointment. But also, it's interesting to see over the next 12 months whether this is simply Cohen hedging his bets on the 2023 season and possibly snatching up Stearns after he's out from under any contractual arrangement with Milwaukee. This is one of the more fascinating POBO/GM situations I've ever seen in my life of following baseball. It's obvious the two are interested in one another but continue to play coy. It's Pride & Prejudice: MLB Edition. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/10/steve-cohen-says-mets-arent-pursuing-david-stearns.html View full rumor
  13. This isn't really totally "news" because Stearns is still under contract and any pursuit by the Mets would require negotiation with the Brewers and would surely come with a hefty cost. And it's pretty hard to see the Mets bailing on Eppler after a wildly successful season, even if said season ended in disappointment. But also, it's interesting to see over the next 12 months whether this is simply Cohen hedging his bets on the 2023 season and possibly snatching up Stearns after he's out from under any contractual arrangement with Milwaukee. This is one of the more fascinating POBO/GM situations I've ever seen in my life of following baseball. It's obvious the two are interested in one another but continue to play coy. It's Pride & Prejudice: MLB Edition. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/10/steve-cohen-says-mets-arent-pursuing-david-stearns.html
  14. It's kind of amazing how the script flipped with this team. For pretty much my entire life, barring a few isolated seasons/eras, Milwaukee baseball has been bat-first, pitching-second... and a lot of the time, it was bat-first, bat-second, bat-third, pitching... well, maybe.
  15. It's kind of amazing how the script flipped with this team. For pretty much my entire life, barring a few isolated seasons/eras, Milwaukee baseball has been bat-first, pitching-second... and a lot of the time, it was bat-first, bat-second, bat-third, pitching... well, maybe.
  16. I understand ownership not wanting to blow open payroll but now would be the wrong time to turn cheap. Either spend some short-term money now or blow up the team and rebuild quickly. This team has significant gaps that require free agents to fill. Either make a real effort to compete or start over. But as you said, one more year of higher payroll before packing it in for a few years is a pretty likely scenario and I'm pretty okay with that.
  17. I understand ownership not wanting to blow open payroll but now would be the wrong time to turn cheap. Either spend some short-term money now or blow up the team and rebuild quickly. This team has significant gaps that require free agents to fill. Either make a real effort to compete or start over. But as you said, one more year of higher payroll before packing it in for a few years is a pretty likely scenario and I'm pretty okay with that.
  18. This is great news. When I bought a Volt (electric hybrid) three years ago, the only reason I didn't go full electric is because my wife (a trucking attorney) sometimes has to drive into outstate Minnesota and Wisconsin to interview clients (truckers are often in rural locations). Charging availability wasn't scarce, it was non-existent. I expect to be looking at buying a new car in about two years so I'm really hoping we can go full electric this time around.
  19. I haven't checked in for a bit - my August baseball slump kicked in hard watching both the Twins and Brewers falter night after night - but now that the kids are back in school, expect to see a lot more of me as we gear up for the offseason and the hot stove season where hope springs anew as we envision only the best and brightest things in 2023. To kick off the offseason, we're developing a really cool payroll tool that allows you to craft your own payroll and easily post it to the forums. More on that to come and expect to see something the week following the last game of the regular season. As always, I'm excited to roll this out and features like this are largely due in part to our caretaker support, which funds many of these projects for both Twins Daily and Brewer Fanatic. Just a little over six months ago, we re-launched BrewerFan as Brewer Fanatic. The community has been very supportive of this endeavor and very helpful, assisting us in all sorts of ways as we build out cool new functionality to make this more than just a fan forum; we aim to become a fan experience with new features and interactivity you won't find anywhere else. So how has it gone in our first six months? Overall, very well, thanks to all of you. Naturally, we've seen our fair share of bumps and bruises as we adapt our business model to a new fanbase but it has been eye-opening; for a long time, I kinda fell into tunnel vision as I catered solely to the Twins fanbase and their wants/needs. Becoming part of the Brewers community has not only given me new perspective, it has made me open to trying things differently and expanding how this site can better serve the fanbase. Without all of your input, that wouldn't have been possible so thank you again for that help. In the first six months of its existence, Brewer Fanatic drew 122,000 users to the site. Over the identical six month period of 2021 (when, let's all admit it, the Brewers were slightly more engaging to watch), BrewerFan drew just under 59,000 users. The growth has been exciting to watch and I'm regularly approving new users on the forums, which is the surest sign that this community can continue to thrive and grow over the coming years. Brewer Fanatic saw 2,000 or more people stop by the site in a single day an impressive 14 times during that six month period. In 2021, that only happened three times on BrewerFan. Over that six month span Brewer Fanatic has seen 196 new users register on the site. Over the same period of 2021, BrewerFan had only 32 new user registrations. Props to all of you who chose to jump into this community and participate with its comprehensive and knowledgeable userbase. With that out of the way, now that we're in the offseason, I think you'll be able to see some of our larger plans for the site coalesce. We have a lot of new features planned throughout the offseason and into Spring Training, where we hope to have on-site writers next February and March... but that's kind of shooting for the moon and a lot depends on the Brewers themselves. Wish us luck and let's hope to see plenty of action this offseason as the Brewers gear up for the 2023 season!
  20. One thing EVERY fanbase needs to keep in mind over 162 games: you're going to disagree with literally every manager ever on a pretty regular basis. That's the nature of a game that involves a bunch of 55/45 decisions, sometimes all the way down to a 51/49 decision. Too much fan focus looks at on-field action, probably because it's the only thing we can even begin to evaluate when it comes to a manager. In the case of baseball, more than any other sport, so much work is done behind closed doors or in places we simply can't see as fans. Which is why I tend to give managers quite a bit of slack unless their behavior and decisions are particularly egregious (eg. Tony LaRussa this season).
  21. One thing EVERY fanbase needs to keep in mind over 162 games: you're going to disagree with literally every manager ever on a pretty regular basis. That's the nature of a game that involves a bunch of 55/45 decisions, sometimes all the way down to a 51/49 decision. Too much fan focus looks at on-field action, probably because it's the only thing we can even begin to evaluate when it comes to a manager. In the case of baseball, more than any other sport, so much work is done behind closed doors or in places we simply can't see as fans. Which is why I tend to give managers quite a bit of slack unless their behavior and decisions are particularly egregious (eg. Tony LaRussa this season).
×
×
  • Create New...