Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brock Beauchamp

Site Manager
  • Posts

    7,073
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    47

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brock Beauchamp

  1. I think you're misunderstanding me a bit: I don't have a real problem with the fan vote because fans vote for who they want to see play. That's fine, it's an exhibition. It's okay to vote using factors other than "this is the best player at the position". But from a pure performance standpoint, they don't pick the best 30 players. I also haven't really cared about the ASG since I was maybe 15 years old. I'm not the target demo here and that's 100% okay.
  2. They can't demote Patrick if he's pitching like this, they just can't.* *I'm fully aware they can, but they shouldn't
  3. Same. I added Rhys, thinking he was easily a top 3-ish first baseman given the recent weakness at the position, but then I looked at the rest of the league...
  4. Honestly, Uribe might be my choice as well. He has finally become the guy I hoped he would be.
  5. That's certainly a possibility and happens too often with the ASG, which is part of the reason why I used "worthy" in the question. The fan vote is kinda crap. I think it's fine to let fans vote, as it's an exhibition game, but the fan vote is rarely representative of the best 30-ish players.
  6. Yeah, I struggled with each of them for different reasons. I try to ignore what the fans will vote for (ie. recognizable names) and go with the guys who are the highest-performing.
  7. Sure, let's go with the first-ballot Hall of Famer. I like it.
  8. This is something I want to start doing once a week or so. Highlight a poll question and get peoples' opinions on it, hopefully spurring a good conversation. I'm notoriously bad about picking who *should* be an All-Star. If I egregiously left off a candidate, please say so.
  9. I think they should sell, then win now.
  10. I see your point and the confusion, I did a piss-poor job of explaining my line of thought. I've never been enamored of the one-inning opener, that's my point. But I quite like the idea of a 2-4 inning opener in some situations.
  11. Is Made a Jackson Chourio for the infield?
  12. Hey man, I'm really sorry this was lost in the approval queue for a few days. Thanks for the comment and thank you for listening to the pod! As for Weeks, I'd equate him to a Rocco Baldelli for the Twins. A former position player who never managed before his (potential) MLB manager gig. To me, I think that means that Weeks, like Baldelli did in his early years, will rely on a lot of suggestions from his pitching coach and the front office about how to manage a staff.
  13. I get it, I just disagree. I think there's more to be gained by giving one guy a full run through the lineup, then following that up with another, very different guy going through the lineup 2+ times. It causes the opposing manager to make difficult lineup decisions either before the game or very early in the game.
  14. Since the opener was "invented" 6-ish years ago, I've wanted to see this exact scenario: one pitcher go through the lineup approximately once, then hand it over to the "starter" who tries to go through the ninth inning. The one-inning opener never made sense to me. Sure, you get through the top of the lineup once but how is that markedly different than pulling the starter in the fifth and using that same reliever to pitch to the top of the lineup then? I think the opener concept kinda died because it was a solution looking for a problem. Whereas letting one good pitcher face 10-11 batters, then using an entirely different pitcher for the rest of the game can cause all sorts of lineup disruption.
  15. Once ESPN dropped Baseball Tonight, it was pretty much dead to me. I have no use for the channel anymore, their content is people screaming at one another and I get can better highlights and analysis in a dozen other places.
  16. Yeli is looking a lot like his old MVP form again.
  17. Yeah, I think ESPN is cost-cutting for pretty obvious reasons. They've been in financial straits for awhile. Also, it wouldn't surprise me that any contract for MLB rights signed was signed at an inflated rate ESPN no longer wanted to pay.
  18. In a recent roundup on MLB.com, early results on MLB television ratings were revealed. They include: MLB on Fox is up 10% MLB on ESPN is up 22% MLB Tuesday on TBS is up 16% Perhaps most importantly, it appears substantial gains are being made in the 18-34 age demographic, a decades-long weakness of Major League Baseball. This is in sharp contrast to the World Series, which has been in decline for years and is often used as a benchmark for the overall popularity of the sport. I was able to find World Series ratings dating back to 1968, and until 2007 the World Series never carried a rating under 10. That slowly spiraled until it hit its low-water mark of 4.7 in 2023 as the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks squared off. MLB and Commissioner Rob Manfred have aggressively pushed rules changes, largely in an attempt to capture younger demographics that have abandoned baseball in favor of football and basketball. Is baseball on the rebound with fans or is this just a blip on the radar? View full rumor
  19. In a recent roundup on MLB.com, early results on MLB television ratings were revealed. They include: MLB on Fox is up 10% MLB on ESPN is up 22% MLB Tuesday on TBS is up 16% Perhaps most importantly, it appears substantial gains are being made in the 18-34 age demographic, a decades-long weakness of Major League Baseball. This is in sharp contrast to the World Series, which has been in decline for years and is often used as a benchmark for the overall popularity of the sport. I was able to find World Series ratings dating back to 1968, and until 2007 the World Series never carried a rating under 10. That slowly spiraled until it hit its low-water mark of 4.7 in 2023 as the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks squared off. MLB and Commissioner Rob Manfred have aggressively pushed rules changes, largely in an attempt to capture younger demographics that have abandoned baseball in favor of football and basketball. Is baseball on the rebound with fans or is this just a blip on the radar?
  20. Brock Wilken, third baseman for the Double-A Biloxi Shuckers, has been named the Brewers Minor League Player of the Month. Wilken, the Brewers' first-round pick in the 2023 MLB Draft out of Wake Forest, was outstanding at the plate in May. He posted a .938 OPS with nine home runs in the month while carrying a very respectable .368 on-base percentage. Thirteen of his 22 hits on the month went for extra bases. Wilken has logged most of his time at the hot corner in 2025, starting 39 of his 51 games there. You can view Wilken's scouting report and stats on our prospect profile page:
  21. Brock Wilken, third baseman for the Double-A Biloxi Shuckers, has been named the Brewers Minor League Player of the Month. Wilken, the Brewers' first-round pick in the 2023 MLB Draft out of Wake Forest, was outstanding at the plate in May. He posted a .938 OPS with nine home runs in the month while carrying a very respectable .368 on-base percentage. Thirteen of his 22 hits on the month went for extra bases. Wilken has logged most of his time at the hot corner in 2025, starting 39 of his 51 games there. You can view Wilken's scouting report and stats on our prospect profile page: View full rumor
×
×
  • Create New...