Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

rickh150

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by rickh150

  1. I think we would have been in with him. Just a small improvement would do….and then you never know. All in all, I’d hate to go back on it now with Contreras in the mix, but I assumed he would have been traded after 2022.
  2. Longer term, yes. But it hurt 2022.
  3. Hader was still better the last 6 weeks of the season… lights out. Rodgers, not so much. We blew more saves than anyone in August and September… he was a major part.
  4. Last season, though….Tough to say when his presence last season could have put us in the playoffs.
  5. 5-2 against Cincy; 4-2 against Cubs
  6. At what point do the Padres make Hader available? 9 games out of WC AND three teams ahead of them in division. He’s gone at deadline if this holds somewhat.
  7. I tend to agree… but he still is going to drop a bit.
  8. If we buy, I’d like a key bat for this and next year… a FA after 2024 season. If we are trading a Frelick and change,I don’t want a rental. Any 1B, 2B, or 3B fit this?
  9. Both important… but 9th is different. There is a reason team’s best relievers pitch late.
  10. Pitching the 6th and the 9th when leading by a couple are not close to the same thing…. LoL all you want.
  11. Well, in the last week we have seen a couple of questionable bullpen moves late to say the least. Mejia inexcusably being used in a high leverage situation in the 8th is one. Even when he put a guy on in the 8th, CC could have gone with Payamps for 4 outs. Mejia could be good and all, but he is fringe for the time being pitching in a big division game late. The other is Bush and Pannone maddeningly pitching 8th and 9th in Pittsburgh. And now neither is with the Brewers. That is how fringe they were pitching late. I know our pen was used much and often, but I fail to see how these both had to be used late when both could have been used in other less tense bullpen situations earlier in the week. I fail to see why we ever should have fringe, unproven mlb pitchers in these situations (unless extra innings pushes it). Bryce Wilson has only thrown 6 whopping innings since June 22. He could have pitched in more games and longer in a pinch so others are fresh.. And yes, it was a pinch yesterday.. He could have gone longer. I also get that our pen has been through many close games in the last week plus, and that the year is long. I just believe it wouldn’t have taken much to have better pitchers pitching late in both of those games (June 30, July 6). Wilson’s useage and even Bush’s…. he didn’t pitch for 6 days before his debacle… could have put better pitchers in late game situations.
  12. Hiura pulled for pinch runner Monday.. hurt?
  13. Payamps has been really good.
  14. Had more blown saves than anyone in baseball in August and September…picking a scab here. The guys we traded for were the ringleaders. I am glad we backwards ourselves into five years of Contreras with this trade. Great job by Arnold. Stearns arguably could have still got us to the playoffs by simply keeping Lamet on the team, rather than preferring EVERY bullpen guy over him. Weirdly, DS and CC both talked him up the day before cutting him. Lamet then was throwing well for Colorado in 22. Scab picking.
  15. I’d stick with Rea for at least two more outings. Houser plays a role in the pen- multiple middle innings guy who could pitch even more in a pinch. And Rea has shown enough in his entire body of work this season.
  16. Grab a Designated Driver coupon/freepop on the field level behind home plate. Let the kids throw, hit, and run in the kids area by the right field corner.
  17. Burnes is half heartedly a Brewer and his performances are like a #3 or 4 pitcher. If we can get a haul from the Rays, I would listen.
  18. Our lineup is a bunch of .230 hitters and we are in first place. Our bullpen is largely a bunch of unproven, cheap, young no names outside of Wiiliams….12th best ERA in baseball Our starters, many either hurt, in the minors, in the pen or doing worse than last year….12th best ERA Defense is a top five in baseball, and that tends to stay more consistent than other stats. With health to Woodruff and a few others, including Hiura and Frelick, and a few minor upgrades that should not cost tons of prospect capital, we are sitting in an excellent spot come mid-summer.
  19. The second half of 2004 was worse than any other above .500 All Star Break club in baseball history. The 2007 club flopped down the stretch. The 2008 was the same until after Yost. Those were the negatives, among the Soup pitched great comments. I questioned more of his moves than all other Brewers managers combined, I agree about the change of mindset with Yost though, after Attanasio bought the club and with Melvin adding key pieces. It was a major disappointment in 2007 when we caved to the Cubs and when we started losing down the stretch in 2008. The expectations were high even without playoffs in a quarter of a century. So there is some under appreciation there.
  20. Defeating Mexico 3-0…. Away. Unthinkable.
  21. And then there is the money and how much was offered.
×
×
  • Create New...