Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Let’s not blame the defense for May this time. They’re doing everything they can to make him appear to suck less.
  2. That was a good 4 strikes or so to Mitchell. This umpire isn’t good, lol.
  3. I’ve always considered pitching WAR to be quite janky and not very useful, particularly reliever WAR. Trevor Megill having a WAR of 2 isn’t a good illustration of his level of importance to this team. Position player WAR I think is much more telling but obviously imperfect as well.
  4. I think you’re going to see a lot of 3 inning Patrick, 3 inning Hall, 3 inning Drohan, etc in the playoffs. Only 2-3 regular starters and a lot of pen.
  5. Yes. That was the one he missed, that was his pitch to hit. The 3-2 pitch was just baseball, and I am perfectly okay with the challenge.
  6. I mean he is 4 for 10 with the bases loaded even with that AB. It was such a close pitch and a full count and there’s nobody out, so he can still get picked up. A 7 pitch AB to boot. It’s tough to be mad about that one.
  7. Ouch. That’s a fine challenge, though,
  8. I’ll take it. Assuming Turang is fine.
  9. Elly taketh away but Elly also giveth,
  10. The answer is neither. There is two legitimate starting playoff pitchers on this team right now. Three if Harrison can get right and throw at home.
  11. He’s gotta get in the starting lineup first. Maybe it’s just perception - it feels like he started a lot more when he was an actual black hole.
  12. The official Brewerfanatic.com endorsed lineup: Ortiz Lara Vaughn Bauers Chourio Contreras Pratt Turang Yelich Am I close?
  13. Credit Murphy for making the right move moving Turang down in the order and it’s already paying off.
  14. I have never advocated for literally just swinging at every two strike pitch. Again, it’s about knowing the situation and being aware of it with 2 strikes, and letting the situation help dictate how aggressive you’re going to be with your 2 strike guesses, Nobody on with 1 out in the 3rd is a much different situation than late in a 1 run game with 2 runners in scoring position,
  15. I think Lara has started maybe 2 out of the last 6 games.
  16. PCA was asked by a group of giggling Cubs’ reporters: “So does Green Bay really suck?” His response: “Historically, no.” Translation: “this is getting really cringey, anybody want to ask me about the Cubs rather than than a different team from an entirely different sport?”
  17. Simple, play Vaughn at 1st for 3 days and don’t take him out early. They have plenty of outfielders without needing Bauers for the OF. At least sit Bauers versus LHP until he starts getting it together again.
  18. Want to point out, I understand that Gausman was very good last night. He had the splitter working, which helped set up his fastball. So was I too hard on Mitchell to criticize his ABs? Sure, I think that’s a fair statement. He certainly wasn’t the only one to look bad. My point on Turang was far more situational. It’s a 2-1 game, there are two outs and just a single puts you in front 3-2. You HAVE to attempt to put the ball in play with 2 strikes and 2 outs there, the game potentially hinges on it. It’s a key moment. You CANNOT afford to guess splitter and get caught looking at a fastball to end the inning. If you sit fastball there and end up whiffing at the splitter, so be it. At least the inning isn’t ending with the bat on your shoulders and two runners in scoring position. Of more importance long-term, Turang is the Kyle Harrison of the offense where we are trying to figure out what is wrong with this guy. He is batting .133 over his last 60 ABs. He looked like an MVP candidate in the first half of the season. So, whatever is going on with him I really hope he can figure it out soon. Our postseason chances are going to require some guys to get hot offensively.
  19. I’m not even calling for Turang to see the bench against righties, of course. But good heavens, he shouldn’t be at the top of the order right now.
  20. Were there two runners in scoring position and 2 outs when I said that?
  21. I’m okay with Turang working through it and still playing everyday because of how important his defense is but at this point he needs to be hitting 8th or 9th.
  22. No, I wouldn’t. Please don’t put words in my mouth. I’ve been a longstanding advocate for not just guessing when you have a situation where there’s 2 outs and a situation where the bases are loaded or there’s runners on 2nd and 3rd. I understand you can guess wrong there but with 2 strikes in that situation, you can’t get caught with the bat on your shoulders, that is my philosophy. So, you’re wrong there as to how I would feel.
×
×
  • Create New...