I don’t hate Senzatela but they’ve clearly tried to change him and it hasn’t worked,
I didn’t hate that trade at the time. I cited that Manfredi has been excellent for the Rockies who we gave up to acquire him but I fully acknowledge as of right now it’s more likely flash in the pan than something big like that we missed out on,
May/Romero isn’t hindsight 20/20 and was pretty widely panned at the time here. We gave up two very decent prospects there. It wasn’t junk for junk like Montas/Weimer.
I could have lived with Ragsdale. The potential upside of Frias is too great to give up for guys who don’t move the needle at all.
I think the best move that Arnold made this deadline is the one that he didn’t make, if in fact it would have required Henderson for Skubal,
Nothing that we did in late July, IMO, has altered what our current record would be otherwise. You could make a better argument that it’s worse.