Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Here's the Durbin two-run dinger for ye:
  2. Cargo escaped unscathed. Sent the runner to 3rd on his second glove side heater WP to the backstop. Then got his 5th K on what looked like an inside cutter. 2-0 Sounds on to the bottom of the 4th.
  3. He gets the swinging K on a 3-2 change-up center left. Big pitch. Almost got the swinging K on a gorgeous low and away slider in the 2-2 count to go full. Meanwhile, Alfaro is digging out most anything in the dirt. What a luxury to have him behind the plate.
  4. Cargo gave up a lead-off 109 mph double to the RF wall to here in the 4th. A bit too much of the plate on that one, I'd say. Let's see what he can muster. He's ahead 1-2 in to the next batter.
  5. It's mostly funny because I consistently misfire where balls are hit to the OF grass and over the OF walls when watching four games. You have joined my inner circle. 😅
  6. That's three well hit balls to the deep part of the park off ol' friend RHP Janson Junk here in the bottom of the third. Herron fell short on the LF warning track. Monasterio just got under one to left CF. Oliva hit a moon ball just in on the hands short of the LF warning track to end the frame. The men are trying to Tee Off.😁
  7. AND Durbin smacks a two-run jack over the LF wall to take the 2-0 Sounds lead. Woot Woot!!! Let's GO!!!
  8. Hey now! Garrett Spain's first AB of 2025 is a ripped oppo liner over 3B down the LF line for a double. Well done, young man!
  9. God bless 2024 Sounds Brewer Hicklen. He gave us many many a good moment and, ultimately, earned a 40-Man spot. May he find success in Detroit!
  10. Cargo just walked his first batter in a scoreless third frame but I like where and how he's locating his off-speed arsenal. Nothing hanging in that frame. The heater was pulled glove side in that AB. Got a hard hit line out to LF (notoriously where the ball travels in Nashville). Then Alfaro showed off his arm nabbing the runner trying to take second.
  11. Hey it's opening day for all if us. I even went "They're sending Tyler to the Southern Leavue to begin the OF revolution!!!" before learning of the IL stint. 😅 (Heck yes I am still hoping this is in the cards somewhere in 2025)
  12. Bucks paying three HC's and Doc leading the money sammich and meanwhile in Memphis they've canned Taylor Jenkins. Make it make sense, Lawwwwwd. Make it make sense.
  13. Man, the March Blues. The real March Madness (for this ol' codger) is the number of truly unfortunate injuries to our beloved Brewers Minor Leaguers we discover every March. Just brutal for Tyler. Thankfully it isn't season-ending. There is that.
  14. What in heaven's name?!? My gods.
  15. That's because I shared this with him in text messaging this am. 😁
  16. For those just tuning in for the actual Game Thread, Daniel originally posted the Opening Day roster HERE but I will also post it here for the sake of this opening night thread: Many new faces this season (as is often the case). Some of these young men introduced themselves to us here:
  17. I'm not going to lie, I had a moment there where I wondered: "What did Jim Pin atop the page there?" Great Scotts! Our first 2025 Game Thread.
  18. Lots of procedural and assignment/option moves on the official Opening Day of the Brewers 2025 ML Season: (I'm too lazy to type out each of these individually and I have farm work to accomplish so I will give you a Screenshot. Apologies in advance)
  19. I don't disagree with you here. I am hoping they have essentially told him: "We're going to give you consistent opportunities on the outfield grass. We are hoping you earn your promotion back to Nashville with your steady play out there." kind of thing. As of now, this is all pure speculation on my part. And, I've been dreaming on this shift within the org for a year or more. It just makes so much sense to get him out there more regularly at the corner OF spots. As I've said on more than one occasion, given the nature of his bat and his threat offensively when he's right, there just aren't really any outfielders standing in his way (so to speak) as, at bare minimum, a depth piece out there. This rings even more true with the recent Hicklen DFA (and possible departure). He's too talented a baseball player to not bounce back and regain that one-time luster as a prospect. I remain convinced the corner outfield grass is his best place to accomplish this.
  20. So, really I have two things to share in terms of thoughts and pontifications at one actual glance here: 1) Did not see the Adam Hall rostering here. But, then again, I did not see the original Zamora promotion last season. And, well, these types of things happen all the time when a man such as myself (who definitely doesn't work within the org or for the org) isn't familiar with the day-to-day thinking and goings on behind the scenes. Surely, the Brewers have their reasons. I sincerely hope Adam can run with this assignment and give meaningful production. 2) No Tyler Black listed? What does this even mean? Well, it means the Brewers have optioned him to Biloxi's roster for the time being. I can take this as only one thing: the Brewers have finally realized they 'should' try Tyler as an everyday OF'er. In the very least, start playing him out there just as much as they are investing in his infield work. AND, if this is the case, you can all pay Spencer and my's Patreon page at 'Hot Brewers Prospect Takes'. Feel free to Venmo us at @BallKnowersGreatestTips. 😆
  21. I'm struggling to find anything on newly acquired 'Garrett S[ain'. With that type of languaging, I can only imagine he is from the future? Or from the ancient past? I'll report back when I know more. 🕵️‍♂️
  22. Well, @Jake McKibbin, unfortunately this piece did not age all that well 😅 Unbeknownst to any of us, you crafted a rare Opening Day Sports Illustrated cover-like jinx!
  23. Speaking of Khash Munny... MRI on his right knee scheduled after he left last night's throttling at the hands of the Pacers. He left the game early with what has been described as 'right knee soreness'. Man, the demise of Khris' body hurts me on a soul level. 😔 Sidebar G-League Update: (Everybuddy's favorite!) The Herd have won 3 straight. They just throttled GSW's affiliate by over 30. Terence Davis had 44 on 12-for-16 from deep 😳. Big Henry Ellenson is averaging 21 and 10 with 4 dimes on 44.5% from deep (4 attempts per game). Justise Winslow starts for them. Honestly, I'm surprised Winslow can walk or lift his arms after the number of days; weeks; months; years he's spent on NBA IL's. They remain 3.0 GB. Ol' friend, PF/C Drew Timme just turned the best 30 game stretch in his professional career (including a very recent Fitty Piece!) for the Nets G-League affiliate into a two-year NBA deal with said Nets. Love this for him. Spokane's Golden Son!! My mountain valley is singing this morning. The creeks and springheads trickling off Mount Spokane have an extra twinkle in thine watery eyes! We all know these types of deals have very little if any type of guarantees but it's a legit first foot through the door. Run with it, big fella!
  24. Staying current with recent Brewers roster manipulations: - RHP Chad Patrick was recalled by the Milwaukee Brewers from the Nashville Sounds - 1B/OF Jake Bauers' contract was selected by the Milwaukee Brewers - OF Brewer Hicklen was DFA'd to the Nashville Sounds by the Milwaukee Brewers - LHP Jose Quintana was optioned to the ACL Brewers (ramp up) by the Milwaukee Brewers
×
×
  • Create New...