Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Slow chopper to SS and Pena charges throwing another hopper to Walling who again fails to dig it out. Not a natural glove at 1B but these are not easy scoops either. 3-0 Nats. Still two down. The throwing error is charged to Pena - the right decision.
  2. 2-0 Fred Nats. Smoked double to the right CF gap. Made it to the wall. Two out poke. That's two balls that have been ripped this inning.
  3. Smith appears to be working with a four-seamer, sinker, slider early. He gets his second K on a sneakily dropping sinker dead center in a full count. I am also seeing a possible change-up being hurled? Velo readings aren't coming in consistently. He just hung a breaker some and Di Turi made a great stab of an 108 mph smoked grounder to 3B. He turned and double hopped a throw but Walling couldn't scoop it - I am unsure it would have mattered - showing his inexperience with those types of scoops.
  4. Di Turi takes the count full and swings and misses at t belt high 94 mph heater. Runners stranded.
  5. Bitonti works the count full. He reaches for a likely ball high and outside the upper corner of the zone and pops out wildly into the swirling winds down the 3B line just into fair territory in shallow LF. Two down. Pitch count at 19. Di Turi will try to do some damage.
  6. The wind is blowing out at a steady 20 mph toward right CF. They are saying it could gust to 30 mph throughout the day. Sheesh.
  7. AND, Adamczewski shows the patience and batting approach I've been lauding adding to his OPS with a five pitch walk. Laid off consecutive inside heaters to take the free pass. Bitonti will be up next and the Nats' pitching coach comes to the bump.
  8. 2-0 count. On a second pitch low change-up swipes 2B with ease when the throw is well up the base path.
  9. Payne is then quickly picked off 1B in the second pick-off throw. With Peña getting HBP on the very next pitch (he's fine) that pick-off may be costly. Adamczewski batting third will try to knock him home.
  10. Payne batting lead-off poked a 2-2 line drive looping single to RF. Man aboard. Muddies trail 1-0.
  11. Just saw the Nestor news..my goodness. This season already feels snake bitten. Is this an inevitable karmic return organizationally? The Brewers, as a group, have been uber-resilient and have found ways to rise up and overcome adversity and national sentiments for several seasons running. This season, quite simply, just feels different with more adversity and 'come uppance' (if you will). I know it's early, but the tenor of what is going on feels as though it is carrying weight and the results are speaking to the ramifications of this weight. Hopefully, the team does what they typically do which is prove my 'worrying' and doubts or fears ("Oh no! We're bad again! 😅) wrong. I would absolutely love for this latter sentiment to be true.
  12. Yeah, I was wondering if they'd be able to sneak a game in. That region seemed to be getting those severe weather systems that had traveled through the Nashville area yesterday. Lots of tornadoes have been happing in that portion of the SE. Scary stuff. I was hoping we'd be able to see them squeak out a series split.
  13. Got it. Thanks for clarifying. We really wanted a landline out our way but we are super mountain valley rural (though one hour from two mid-major cities in Spokane and Coeur D'Alene) and we tried the phone off our old satellite internet and it was definitively not worth the extra charge and hassle. I am just infinitely grateful for Starlink. We had to go the route of the Viasat scam. My gods. The end of the old satellite internet cartels is such a beautiful thing. That racket is one of the most unregulated scams I've ever been forced to be a part of. I've seen Fibertel trucks out this way the past year plus. Ostensibly, they are installing fiber optic cables throughout the vast majority of this region but I have yet to see an actual offer of service. From my understanding via convos from some of the men routinely working on our County Road at the below ground junction boxes, this is a project kickstarted by Bill Gates? Which, well, would be classic; fascinating; and hilarious all at once. That man seems to have his slimy tentacles in everything. Granted, these workers could have been entirely misinformed. There is that probability.
  14. I think Josh's 1.834 OPS is sustainable. Actually, I'm surprised it's that low. 😜 In all seriousness, words can not express how much I love his plate presence; swing; and ability to hit line drives. He has an 'It' factor at the dish that legitimately doesn't come around all that often - and certainly isn't common in the Brewers system at present. It really isn't. I've been feebly pointing the peoples to this Brewers baseball truth for a year now. I am entirely unsurprised by his hot start. I'm just so dang proud of his approach and how he's already achieving professional consistency well beyond his years. He's special. The National pundits (and, frankly, the Brewers - I was legit offended they didn't include his bat in the 'Rising Stars' game in ST 😅 and the Brewers beat) have been absolutely sleeping on his talents. They've only just started waking up. It. Is. Time.
  15. Wait...your 'town's phone company'? Do you still use landlines out your way?!? OR are you talking about a mobile carrier franchise?
  16. I just hope and pray there is room for a second coming of the Greg Maddux prototype in the modern game. I don't say this casually or lightly, whatsoever. And I am in no way making a direct correlation. BUT, watching Rodriguez all of last year as he typically fell on my Tuesday night reporting duties, that was (and remains) my dream. His poise, zone control and accuracy, repeatability of motion (which was fluid and not over-torqued) and then the ability to manipulate batters just screamed this was a young pitcher who already knew how to pitch more adroitly than the vast majority of arms in the system. Miles to go here. Time will tell.
  17. That's funny. He bats left but throws right. From my POV, and I could obviously be wrong, the pant fit and that stance give me full on 3B Travis Shaw vibes.
  18. What a start and High-A debut for Mr. Rodriguez! My gods. My dreams came true tonight. That man has earned my praise for over a season and even I did not expect this type of debut! 11 K in 4 1/3 IP?!? Also of note is the shut down effort from RHP Aidan Maldonado. Glorious stuff from a young arm I've loved for over a year. The Sounds bullpen hasn't allowed an earned run in 23 1/3 IP. Considering McKendry is a glorified "Hey we need you to do this" multi-tool for the Sounds staff you may as well consider his 4.0 IP bullpen innings too.
  19. From afar, not watching, that appears to be quite an impressive 5 IP org debut for Hostetler.
  20. Alright, gents. Bring me some victories tonight. I have to get my farm chores completed before I hand my daughter to my Mom (visiting the farm) and head to an Air BnB excursion with my wife. I'll be checking in on this thread later this evening to see all the goings ons. Here's hoping for that coveted and often elusive 5-0 organizational evening!
  21. Gimme gimme that Hostetler---->Wande Torres pitch buffet.
  22. Enjoy. Hope it creates a lasting and memorable experience. You are privileged, in the early going of the season at least, to be watching the meat of the up-and-coming Brewers youth movement down in Zebulon. A very very fitting send off roster. The potency of Payne, Pena, Made, Adamczewski, Bitonti and Dinges can not be overstated. Throw in the return of one hungry Kay-lan Nicasia...you 'should' get some fireworks throughout this first month.
  23. Man, that is a sexy and diverse trio right there. T-Rats fans should be quite excited. I am very curious to see how Manuel's off-season went. How will his zonal accuracy and ability to manipulate his mix batter-to-batter work with a new catching battery?
×
×
  • Create New...