Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Unfortunately, we don't have an injury update there. Woodward's unavailability for the playoffs was quite a bit more disappointing, obviously. He was really starting to find his groove and it was absolutely electric. BUT, we've seen enough in his short bit of work in Carolina to know: the Brewers absolutely have something there. No doubt about it.
  2. Hey, their Double-A Birmingham Barrons team just took the Southern League title (very surprisingly, given their second half) beating both Tennessee and Montgomery. Both better on paper. Take that lead Sox and call it a tie!
  3. Boeve missed way too much time with injury. I still think Areinamo is the best of the next choices - tho, Pena and Adams both had very productive seasons. Two DSL bats tho? Highly unlikely unless they are doing Made things in terms of all the peripherals eye candy he consistently put out there.
  4. It's flashier than 'kinesethic sense' which, honestly, always brings me to some dystopian M. Knight Shyamalan B-Movie on zombie baseball. 🤭
  5. I like that sneaky covert ploy to keep Devin fresh. "Mearsy, give em another crack over da fence. Let Devin work." (Once again, Mears flashed that appealing IVB - 22" today. Gotta get in the Lab. The stuff still has all the raw goods. Gotta sharpen it up)
  6. He's not getting any meaningful amount of PT, but I think it's telling Collins stuck while Hicklen was (predictably) optioned. Collins is just such a nice player who can do a bit of everything and improves and fine-tunes at every successive stop up the ladder.
  7. This. They're going to give him a long leash and at least one off-season in the Lab. They gave up two quality ML arms in that deal. I said it then and I'll say it again here: Herrera was the real lotto ticket in that deal. He continued to flash upside at Spokane post-deadline.
  8. Death. Taxes. And Nick Mears giving up Long Balls as a Brewers reliever. The new and improved Matt Bush Era carries onward!
  9. Hard to disagree. Tho, one could make an argument for Areinamo.
  10. File in the 'Well How About That': Baseball 'Merica's 'MLB Prospects Who Added the Most Fastball Velocity in 2024' (Paid Subscription) lists RHP Brett Wichrowski as the second highest gainer (over 3 mph jump on average) and RHP Ryan Middendorf (2 mph jump) as the 24th highest gainer in the 4-Seamer department. The Crew did not have anyone in the 2-seamer category.
  11. - RHP Kevin Herget has been optioned to the Nashville Sounds by the Milwaukee Brewers
  12. Yeah, hard to say. It was one of those classic mildly aggressive promotions of a draft pick the Brewers obviously covet but there was very little in terms of in-season performance to back it up. I personally saw very similar 'issues' (I say this extremely lightly - none of us know what is going on in terms of what these young men are working on or playing with/through) to things we'd seen from both RHP Will Childers (in 2023 when he first appeared) and in bullpen RHP Mitch White. Flat. Flat. Flat. Came off the hand flat. Entered the zone flat. Back to Birchard: I would opine he really needs to avoid the walk issues but I think the walk issues are related to how hittable his stuff was when in the zone. Very much a work in progress. Let's hope he experiences improvements in Arizona.
  13. A true Twins Zen Master. A man who has seen some things. A man's man, as it twere. A proverbial fox in the hen house of predictable playoff fandom hand wringing.
  14. I'm not One to make the Packers Game Threads but I saw this this morning and wanted to ensure it was up top front and center. In honor of the one hour we had a Josh Jacobs and Aaron Jones backfield, I share the piece Jonesy published in the Players Tribune ahead of Sunday's game. Man, just a class act. Some Packers remain Packers forever. Jones is definitely one of those Packers for me. Just a class act. This being said, have a great rest of your season Jonesy. Sunday, I hope you cough it up.🤭
  15. Very surprised re: Wilken. Very excited about Crow (tho, if we go off of Henderson's AFL back when we shouldn't expect a ton of PT - any exposure is good exposure, however). Big opportunities for Lara and Baez. Hopefully, Manfredi continues to get high-leverage relief moments. Big opportunities for Merkel and Childers to build on their bullpen resumes. Assuming, of course, the starter coverage for Biloxi was emergency fill-in. I don't know how to feel about Birchard's season at present given how much of a literal struggle it has been. I simply hope he improves and walks less batters in his opportunities. I feel we are baby stepping here. Has to un-level his heater and find more meaningful ride. Has to find accuracy in and around the zone. Very surprised Hedbert isn't getting an opportunity but given the numerous defensive lapses we witnessed late at Wisconsin he may have forced the pivot. I had heard he was a near shoe-in a month ago - and, as we know, things change.. Now, I wonder if he doesn't go to Australia - a step down in competition but much needed PT regardless.
  16. I just left my Brewers hideout to scope that 'Merican League Wild Card race. One word: Yikes. What an absolutely brutal finish for the Royals and Twinkies.
  17. Man, that is a really poor look by the Bucs FO and ownership. Like, come on now.
  18. Precisely why I added it here and not the Minor League FA thread😅. They've invested 8 years into this trajectory. There is no world I live in as a Brewers fan where Ernesto isn't simply a Bauers-level roster experiment next season on the 40-Man. And, it truly does feel like he is just scratching the surface and coming into his own. He has already proven he has the plate discipline evolving at a very admirable rate. Just put him on the 40-Man and let's be done with it.
  19. Spencer has given us some more goods on these higher ranked signings mentioned by Hogg:
×
×
  • Create New...