Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. No clue here. Maybe the hamstring issues?
  2. Well by most measures Joe Barry is a phenomenal LB coach. And a really good guy. I will continue to celebrate he will never call plays for a Packers defense again.
  3. Thank the Heavens there is a Football Gahhhhhd! Today is a FINE day! A FABULOUS day. What an incredible 24 hours for Wisconsin professional sports.
  4. Whoa! LFG! What an absolutely wild week of Wisconsin professional sports.
  5. Doc Rivers is not a good Head Coach. BUT, this would 100% be an upgrade. Griffin was a complete disaster. It can't get worse. I'll be very very curious to see the entirety of this small list.
  6. Thank the heavens there is a basketball god. I'd be harder pressed to find a worse NBA head coaching job than what Griffin had put forth. I am interested in Bucks basketball again!
  7. Just to add some body to the 'brief (two appearances) stint': Full Article Here (MLB Trade Rumors)
  8. Of the 3 you list, Leonhard is a possibility considering their past attempts to hire tho it feels as though he is committed to the college game? I don't personally know enough about the depth or pool of League wide qualified candidates. Wink Martindale carved out an incredible reputation with the Ravens. He didn't work miracles in New York but his teams played tougher than their personnel and they still had elite 3rd down defenses. What I do know, from my own vantage point, is Joe Barry was never the right hire. And he still isn't the right man for the job. The historical results prove this in every season he leads a defense. He calls timid stuff when it matters most and a crucial stop is near impossible when he's at the helm - let alone the infinite number of 3rd and longs his defenses allow. His HC had to perform an intervention after two utterly embarrassing performances at New York and Carolina. I, for one, hope they aren't fooled by the late season performances. They were much better, yes, but all the warts still reared their heads in crunch time. He is who he is at this point and that most definitely is not enough for a team that is ready to play for Super Bowls in 2024. They need better. They need more creative; more aggressive; more innovative. Match LaFleur on the defensive side of the ball.
  9. I've spoken a bit on Dunn before. BUT, honestly, all I can see in this article (my own bias) is known Shuckers/Sounds/Brewers killer Niko Hulsizer sliding into 2B. There are a few known Southern League Shuckers killers and Hulsizer was definitively one of them until his call-up to Durham last season. Thankful he moved on!😅
  10. LaFleur gave quite a different answer this season re: Joe Barry. No 'Yes' vote of confidence. Hopefully atop his stack of notes as he goes through his process is: Just not the man for the job. Never was.
  11. If only to see an end to the Taylor Swift TD cuts. I never knew how nauseating that would be but I'm definitely beyond my Max 😅.
  12. Fair enough. I think we can agree: he was clearly the better QB until the 4th? Just a shame overall. That throw was so reminiscent of some of Favre's worst moments. PTSD? The pass to Kraft surely could have been caught by Kraft and a spade is still a spade: it was behind him. Seems a metaphor for the entire game. The Packers played to a C- overall and, yet, still 'should' have won. This is why I absolutely yearn for them to be aggressive in their off-season - within their staff especially. I know they are limited cap wise but they are very clearly already in a meaningful window. Let's treat it as such, please. I should also say, I think the most exciting thing we have going for us at present aside from some of the obvious is the personnel staff certainly appears to be on an incredible run. What a time to have their draft capital! As a fan I am a new level if excited for this draft. I am ready for some serious @LouisElyDeeeeeep Cuts!😅
  13. I think Jones coming back is almost a foregone conclusion given the low wear and how he showed out when it mattered most. He's their difference maker. I always worry about his health given his smaller stature but he's proven himself time and again as a reliable difference maker. I think some of the restructures touted above may be expressly used to re-up Jones and Extend Love. I'll leave the rest to Russ Ball and his wizardry 😅
  14. He was absolutely IN the pocket: As you see here he absolutely releases the throw within the original set of the LT. Botched no call.
  15. Heading into the 4th qtr, Love was the same Love we saw for the past 9 weeks: dominant. It looked like when he lost Tom to injury that all changed. He rushed things and it looked like he didn't trust the pocket. That 4th qtr, tho, man that was a flashback to his early-to-mid season struggles. Such a rough way to go out with that ill-advised Favre-esque throw. That one really hurt.
  16. Decent thoughts there. As far as the first three rounds of the draft are concerned at present:
  17. I have to agree 100% here. I like what Rhyan showed this year when they finally committed but I have concerns on his pass blocking overall. They could easily go the vintage route of three interior guys in the middle rounds. I could very easily validate replacing all three spots - despite the public rhetoric on Myers who remains 'just a guy' to me. I acknowledge he certainly improved this season but he is still too inconsistent for my liking.
  18. Congratulations are in order! I hope it fills the bill for you and you can sail smoothly into your promised land. Best of luck!
  19. I absolutely know the Packers were playing with proverbial house money and I am extremely grateful as a fan they got the experience and absolutely showed they belong in the conversation of elite NFC teams. AND, it's a day later and I am still pretty dang salty in the end they simply ended up filing into the lineage of epic choke jobs by Packer teams in the playoffs. It's painful. No other way to get around it. Sigh.
  20. Good gracious that was a tough pill to swallow. Another loss to the 49ers when the Packers were very clearly the better and more dominant team for significant portions of yet another playoff loss. I'm, frankly, so tired of the mythos of that 49ers team. The game was absolutely right there for the taking and it was right there to put away at numerous points in the contest. The Packers, simply put, squandered the many many opportunities. To that end, they deserved to lose. Plain and simple - as painful as it is to admit it. This being said, I believe the one thing this unexpected playoff mini-run showed us is the team has accelerated the expectation window. The Packers 'should' definitely treat this off-season as a practice in: The time is NOW. These playoff windows are oh so fleeting and the opportunities absolutely uncertain. I also don't believe an organization can take these windows for granted. Sprint with purpose and resolution to seize the moment. We have incredible draft capital in this draft. Early Post-Season Ending in Disappointment Thoughts: What I'd love to see the Packers consider/address: 1) New Defensive Coordinator. I don't really care about the improvements I saw in Barry's defense over the past month - they were nice sure but the litany of fames before that time? Yeeesh. We have three years of observations and results. That winning San Fran drive was about as predictable as the sun rising and setting. Two high safety looks. Conservative. Yawn. Six of the top 11 DVOA D-Coordinators were either first year or second year coordinators. Barry has literally never had a single defense he's coached in all his years place above 20th in DVOA. They have to get serious here and drop all sentimentality about this staff. He is not the answer. Let's not fall for fool's gold. 2) To that end, Bisaccia has to be considered for the chopping block. That was his kicker. They regressed, yet again, across the board with ST's. He's the highest paid ST coach in the League. And, I really don't care that he was an Assistant Head Coach. Make the hard decisions but make them with purpose. The time is NOW for this team. 3) Address the kicker situation. Carlson is likely who he is at this point. I saw the same kicker this entire season that we saw in the SEC. He is erratic, inconsistent and just can't be trusted. How can we discuss an 86% XP specialist in the NFL? He didn't even rank in the top 32. He missed a kick in 10-of-12 games to close his season and five games in a row. You just can't be serious with that type of performance with Championship aspirations. 4) New safeties across the board - you have the draft capital to accomplish this. You can't accept the highly erratic play in the back end. 5) Another ILB to pair with Walker and McDuffie - yes, this means Campbell has to go. We caught lightning in a bottle there once. Let's try to catch some more. 6) Bring back Jones
  21. You do realize, Love has completed 69.12% of his passes since 11/5? That's 61.11 % of this 2023 season. That's top 5 in the NFL. This includes his second worst performance of his season @ Pittsburgh. You may want to rethink the 'so-so accuracy' comment unless, of course, you demand 70% over a season? Regardless, I think he's demonstrated he has reached new heights as a passer in the NF of L.
  22. His BB:K ratio really turned south during a really rough slump (we hadn't seen this in him to that date) the last two months of the season. For instance, he ended his year going 7-of-8 K's in an 0-for-8 line his final two games versus Jacksonville. It was the worst he's looked at the dish in a Sounds uniform - just entirely uncomfortable at the dish and the results showcased this. He really did look like he needed an off-season reset at that point, unfortunately. This all being said, I personally think we've seen enough from him to know he likely will be sporting a 2.5 (or so): 1 K:BB ratio into the future. He's most likely never going to be a plate discipline guy. But, with his pop and gap power, if he can simply keep that to a 22-25% K rate overall as he moves forward given his plus defense across the infield that's a worthwhile utility guy at the MLB level. So, in 2024 I imagine he's approaching with a mindset of how he avoids those sub 0.200 months at the dish with K:BB disparity. If he can have a poor month but better plate discipline while hitting, say, 0.220 - 0.235 that's a major difference. Time will tell. Given how he ended 2023, though, I really hope he doesn't start his 2024 April like he did last season. I'm pulling for him to start hot out of the gates and put all those valleys behind him.
  23. I can't disagree. Wherever Estevez lands, I will be rooting. I've said it on numerous occasions and I'll say it again: he's a rising STAR. I firmly believe this. 💫
  24. No shame in losing to a stacked Estrellas squad. Another great managing effort from Estevez. Here's hoping for a fantastic Low-A season with Carolina!
  25. MAN, I am SO here for a Dorrian feature on this fine Friday. Woot woot! SO, to that end, let's dive into the defense - personally, having watched a significant number of his innings in Nashville - I want to highlight some of his web gems to showcase his underrated range; arm; and athleticism. Firstly, from SS. A significant reason why I find his errors frustrating is he routinely showcases he has the athleticism to handle the position. I personally feel the errors are more a result of rushing things. Just take this play for example: As I state above, when he is fumbling things at SS it is typically rushed or it is typically just a possible mental error in the moment getting ahead of himself. He has the athleticism in spades: Interestingly, Dorrian even filled in at 1B in a pinch. Wether it was injury-induced or that strange Toro/Dorrian/<insert Catcher>/Devanney (after one egregious fill-in, Devanney was given the axe😅) rotation after Singleton left for Houston. As one would expect, he more than fit the bill in a pinch: As I've said on more than one occasion, however, Dorrian's best work likely comes from 3B where his underrated athleticism and arm continually rises to the occasion. Here's a series of fantastic plays (from 3B and SS)showing that undervalued range. He does this routinely: Suffice to say, there's a bevy of reasons I've been banging the "Why don't we talk about Dorrian more?!" megaphone for a season and a half. Since acquiring him from Norfolk, he has only gotten better and stated his case. We have a guy doing this routinely on defense and he's giving 20 + HR pop? That's smack dab in the middle of the prospect radar for me. It's been a true pleasure watching him rock the Sounds uniform. When the Brewers traded Devanney this off-season, one of the first things I considered was they have an equal if not more talented player with better range in Dorrian. They traded from depth. They have ready depth. And, also, long live the legend that is Cam Devanney. May he flourish.
×
×
  • Create New...