Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Robocaller

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,809
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Robocaller

  1. There is zero reason to believe Black would help, and it starts his service time.
  2. I really hope Frelick isn't overanalyzing his approach after a period of 23 at bats and knows that success always fluctuates.
  3. I don't see any justification for picking Yelich over Bellinger, unless he greatly outperforms him during the rest of the season. And, I don't see any justification for excluding guys who simply have been mediocre for a couple of years. That hasn't been the case for the 50+ years of comeback player of the year.
  4. If your article title mentions winning comeback player of the year, it seems that you should analyze the case for other players, instead of just adding a throw-away line about Bellinger.

    1. Jason Wang

      Jason Wang

      Working on it! There's another author at Northside Baseball that's writing a tandem piece on Bellinger and we're trying to do a better job connecting the articles, part of which might include agreeing on a pool of other guys up for the prize.

  5. why would you think that he'll hit like he did for the first month of the season? You think the injuries will snap him out of his funk? Of course it could happen. But it's very unlikely, and no one should count on it.
  6. If Rowdy is the answer, you're asking the wrong question. He had been terrible even before he was injured. Sure, we can expect some regression to the mean, but we can't expect him to actually be a quality hitter. Might happen, but there is a good chunk of terrible performance that suggests it's not likely for the rest of this season. I see absolutely no reason to have more faith in him than any of the guys hitting around .300 in AAA (or Black in AA), including Hiura, whom you seem to have a vendetta against.
  7. This just in: EVERY GM is looking for someone to "blow them away" with a deal for anyone on their roster. Not News.
  8. Typical rookies suck. Anyone who has written off Turang simply is unaware of history. He might never be an all star, but barring injury or emotional breakdown, he should be a solid major leaguer. His BABIP is .251. Increase that to normal levels and he should be batting .240, which everyone should be fine with, for a rookie. Having said that, I would also send him down and bring up Toro or Urias.
  9. I mean, one bat would be pretty great, and he only needs to fill in at 1B and DH, the easiest places to find a bat.
  10. I would give up a lot more than what you guys are suggesting, but there's no way it happens unless the reds go on a 20 game losing streak or the Brewers drastically overpay. Like Black and another lesser prospect (20-30 rank) or two. Votto has been exceeding expectations this year (while healthy), but he's due for a regression.
  11. Yeah, the only "strategy" that would be involved in making an unsignable early pick is if the strategy was to be cheap.
  12. Unless the rules have changed again, they don't free up any money by having a non-signee; their pool is reduced. Which makes me think they have a tentative agreement. So, unless there was a failure to communicate, he's probably getting signed.
  13. What happened to Eric Brown? He hasn't played since June 3.
  14. I'm talking about the value as a calculated number, not the real, though obviously subjective value. Though if they don't demote Wiemer for at least 2 weeks sometime this season, the management has done malpractice.
  15. Wiemer's calculated value is largely due to getting 3 assists already. He's a negative offensively. I'd suggest the defensive value is small-sample-related: teams will learn not to test his arm.
  16. I can't disagree more, at least not after they acquired Winker and Anderson. I'd rather have a guy who could play decent OF instead of Winker (allowing Yelich to DH more), but after they got those guys, their decisions have been fine, with the possible exception of not bringing up Frelick instead of Wiemer (but I can see how they made that decision). Plus, I don't know if Taylor was expected to be the "primary" RF. A few guys would play there, and I think Anderson was always slated for a good number of games in RF.
  17. I hope they come to their senses soon. Why is Owen Miller on the O.D. roster? He made a tiny bit of sense as a guy who could fill in at 1B a little bit, but with Voit, he won't even be needed for that. What more does Frelick have to prove?
  18. Being up on OD doesn't mean he'll be up for the whole season. He could be up until Taylor can return, and then an extra year isn't an issue.
  19. I think all of these guys have a decent chance to be in the majors at some point within the next 2-3 years. Strikeouts are hugely important when evaluating minor league stats for pitchers, but stuff trumps that. Can Cornielle sit in the mid-90s, or is he a 90-ish fastball kinda guy?
  20. well that's great. did I provide an address when I signed up for the site?
×
×
  • Create New...