Yeah I am fine with this. I don’t expect he’s going to do much with the bat this year and maybe not even next. Neither could the guys he replaced. So whatever, take your lumps with him and be patient with the bat since you know he’s going to be here for a long time and you know the glove plays.
If they beat Belgium, you could definitely go into the matchup with Spain relaxed and feeling like you’re playing with house money and content with whatever happens (although a competitive game within a goal would be really nice to see).
I don’t think a lot of casual soccer fans have true context of how hard it to beat a truly superior team in the World Cup. The better team is going to control possession most of the game. It usually takes the perfect storm of events — great goalie play along with numerous near misses and other luck that just keep a game at 0-0 or 1-1 and then keeping it there until late and hoping to be the first one to break through.
Kind of like Cape Verde tying Spain.
It hurts. I don’t think it takes them from a coin flip to out of it completely. It’s an 11 on 11 game so there’s a little more dilution. Even short handed 10 on 11 we were 1-0 against Bosnia, not that Bosnia is Belgium.
It’s not the Bulls without Jordan or even the Packers without Love bad.
It’s hard to believe it’s been 6+ years since he signed that.
I am honestly not sure that the modern day Milwaukee Brewers would have done that same contract at that time. I think their understanding of value and the way they protect their capital has evolved some just in the last 6 years.
Yeah, it’s been a real buzzkill when goals are scored, can’t even really celebrate, have to sit there and wait to see if the flag goes up, and then you still don’t know.