Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Which says a lot that he rode him to that today. It was “I trust you.” Or, “the pen needs the rest, so figure it out and get through it.” Probably both.
  2. Apples to oranges, offensive performance in totality of 9 guys is one thing, I’m talking about May individually. He has a 5.40 ERA and 4.71 FIP since being acquired. That is bad, any way you look at it. Could he pitch well in the playoffs? Sure, but of course you feel a lot less confident about it happening because he’s pitched poorly versus if he had pitched well in the second half.
  3. Harrison quite possibly isn't even going to make the playoff roster. Sorry, your premise is that recent performances aren’t at all correlated with playoff performance, and I just don’t agree with that at all. If that was the case, there’d be no reason for concern on Harrison.
  4. I’m trying to be logical about this. I am not saying that we cannot win next month just because May sucked today. We can still win. But having a reliable number 3 starter in our rotation versus just basically having to have a couple bullpen days absolutely could have a bearing on what happens next month. How is this even debatable ?
  5. I’m not angry, but to be clear, I said from page one of the GT tonight that the W/L tonight was secondary in importance to however May looked.
  6. We won the May trade 1000%, apparently
  7. Great to get the win, but I think we’ve found out in the last 24+ hours that we can trust neither Harrison nor May in the playoffs and that is rough news.
  8. Good heavens, no, no they are not. When they are performing at poorer levels than the players who would have been performing in their place had they done nothing at all, you cannot say they won the trade, in fact they could have done absolutely nothing and be in a better spot. I mean, come on, man, by this logic you may as well trade every minor leaguer you have for someone you know will give you major league innings now because apparently that is the only factor to winning a trade. May gave them 7 outs tonight. We got more out of Garrett Stallings yesterday. We cannot possibly be serious here.
  9. I just don’t understand how Vaughn and Bauers aren’t both starting over Yelich every day at this point.
  10. I get it man, you like to bring this up every time I don’t like a trade. 90% of this forum hated the trade, I had plenty of company on this one. Frias and Ragsdale weren’t comparable prospects to what Weimer was at that time.
  11. How did May no hit us for 7 innings earlier this year? Did we go up to the plate drunk and blindfolded for every AB?
  12. I think you need to stretch Patrick out a bit too. Not all the way but maybe so where you can get 3-4 innings twice in a series.
  13. Man I don’t know. Like I get it. It’s the ultimate goal and we’ve fallen short. To finally get it … just the thought is amazing of finally reaching the peak, That said, having lived through the era where the Brewers did actually lose 100 games 10 years in a row (maybe not literally 100 every year, but close), it would be so hard to go back to that, to the time when the Brewers were just summer background noise, an MLB afterthought. Being relevant every year, being in pennant races every year, is amazing. I guess it’s a journey versus destination argument.
  14. Can they stretch out Chad Patrick in 2 weeks? I really don’t know what better options they have.
  15. Okay but there is no guaranteeing that no matter what you do. And given what Henderson has done giving him up in the deal wouldn’t have gotten us closer.
  16. They didn’t want just minor league players for Skubal. They wanted Logan Henderson,
  17. I would have been happy to make a big move for Skubal. He has been awesome and wow would he fit in good. But, not for Logan Henderson.
  18. Yup. Just a lame trade that made little sense at the time and has aged like a wet fart.
  19. Couldn’t build on last time. Another rough outing for Dustin Suppan.
  20. I really didn’t think that anyone was going to put up a major counter argument to the point of “it would be really nice if May pitches well tonight so we have a reliable 3rd starter in the playoffs,” but okay, sounds good.
  21. That or that’s the regular schedule they plan for him to be on throughout the playoffs so they’d like to get his routine adjusted,
  22. Okay but those may very well be the two teams that we face and we’ll, I’d like to beat them.
  23. Today is such an important game. But only about 20% for the W/L result and much more for where May is trending. If he goes 6 strong again we might have three starters heading into the playoffs that we can feel pretty good about. If he gets hammered and pulled in the 4th, we’re kind of just heading in really feeling like we can only really trust Miz and Henderson in October.
×
×
  • Create New...