Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. They tried that. It didn’t go well there either. I'm fine if you want to bring him out in garbage time a couple times out of the pen in the next 9 days but at this point even if he finally has a few clean innings you can’t trust him in the playoffs.
  2. Wasn’t lost on me that Bo Naylor of course played a role in the snowballing in the second inning. Every time this guy steps onto the field for us it’s been a complete disaster. I understand that we need organizational depth at catcher and we need to plan for life after wild Bill but Naylor is simply not it.
  3. Maybe him and Sproat can retire and open up a youth sports psychology school called the Harry Sproats.
  4. Imagine telling a Brewer fan back in June that a healthy Kyle Harrison would be left off the playoff roster.
  5. Narrator: “Alas, Kyle Harrison was not fixed.”
  6. Also at home, which is why I was surprised they didn’t just give him the ball on their last homestand to see if starting at home would make a difference.
  7. Any chance the fact that Harrison is starting means they think they may have “fixed” something with him, or is that wishful thinking?
  8. All of the rookies — Pratt, Lara and Henderson, have performed well beyond what I reasonably expected from rookies.
  9. This went from a great outing to a “Soup pitched great” outing in a hurry.
  10. The Vaughn thing is just so weird to me. I’m trying not to complain about it because yes we’re very good and yes Murphy is a MOTY candidate again and all that. I understand all that. But the Vaughn thing is just bizarre to me. He is hitting .315 for the season now. He was exactly what you hoped he would be. Yet I think he has around 150 less plate appearances than Yelich. Even when he finally gets him into the lineup against a righty it’s like it’s begrudging. Okay you can play, but I’m going to stick you in the 8 spot and yank you for Frelick the first chance I get. Yeah, I just don’t get.
  11. My biggest concern for the offense in the playoffs is that Christian Yelich is going to get far too much playing time.
  12. The silver lining about that is that Gute will still be here and he would just draft some raw projectable athletic freak with an off the charts RAS score that was viewed as a consensus reach who will basically redshirt as a rookie, be a rotational player in year 2, be injured in year 3 and finally be expected to contribute in year 4.
  13. Just a great all around job by the bottom of the order.
  14. Bout as manufactured of a run as you can get. I’ll take it.
  15. I like Lara over Frelick as the default choice in RF. Neither is hitting all that well, so Lara’s insane glove is the tiebreaker. That said, it would be good to see him start hitting a little more to make it an easier choice. 5-6 strong out of Miz would be fine. Not the time of year to push him.
  16. Watching the Packers on Sunday really gave me a new appreciation for how well this organization is run. Go Brewers.
  17. It took…. One game for these two bozos to not be on the same page on a critical 4th down.
  18. I obviously don’t want to lose this game, but I’m kind of morbidly fascinated to see how big the social media fireball would be if we do.
  19. Matt had a pretty good PC yesterday and was able to break down the things that went wrong on Sunday. When I watched it, I thought of the commercial where a bank is getting robbed and the security guard just stands there as people scream and ask him why he’s not doing anything. He says “oh I’m not a security guard, just a security monitor. I only tell you if there’s a robbery.” ”There’s a robbery.”
  20. Oops. AFC Championship Game. I stand corrected. It was late. 🤣
  21. Sean Payton is a douche, but it’s kind of funny trying to see people dunk on him when he literally played in the Super Bowl last year, a game which MLF has no familiarity with at all. Now, Payton probably hasn’t found a way to lose a game 39-22 that he at one point led 25-17, I’ll grant that.
  22. I do disagree. I respect your opinion, but I don’t know how you come to your conclusions logically. To win 10-11 games, the Packers need to finish 10-6 or 11-5 from here. The offensive line is a major weakness. The running game is nonexistent. They don’t win in the trenches on either side of the ball. I think they have good offensive weapons as far as pass catchers with Golden, Watson and Kraft. I think Jordan Love is a good quarterback, but not a “put a mediocre team on my back” like his predecessor was, which is essentially what is necessary for this team to have success. Matt Lafleur is a questionable gameplanner (I’m going to stop short of saying good given some of his really strange decisions on his O-line rotation), and just simply not a good leader of men. Say what you will about Johnson and Campbell, but there’s a lot of guys who would run through a brick wall for those two on the Bears and Lions. Do you think there’s anyone on the Packers that goes into game day ready to run through a brick wall for Matt Lafleur? The fact that the very thought of that is comical is pretty telling. You need that little bit of edge and drive in this league when you have run into adversity, so it’s not a coincidence that they usually fall apart when adversity strikes.
  23. I agree, but the other part about this is, who seriously gives a crap? If the New York Jets or Tennessee Titans of the world want to hand MLF a head coaching gig if we fire him, why should I even care? I don’t think any of us are ever bemoaning what a mistake we made letting Mike McCarthy go, just because he went on to coach the Cowboys and Steelers. And he at least won us a Super Bowl. Its like saying “I’m in a terrible relationship but I’m going to stick it out because she might find somebody else if I end it.”
  24. LaFleur stated he wanted a two-score cushion because it "changes the whole complexion of the game". I just love this quote about the decision yesterday. Sir, your team can’t protect a two score cushion to save your own life. How have your two score leads changed the complexion of anything?
×
×
  • Create New...