Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,658
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. I like Lara over Frelick as the default choice in RF. Neither is hitting all that well, so Lara’s insane glove is the tiebreaker. That said, it would be good to see him start hitting a little more to make it an easier choice. 5-6 strong out of Miz would be fine. Not the time of year to push him.
  2. Watching the Packers on Sunday really gave me a new appreciation for how well this organization is run. Go Brewers.
  3. It took…. One game for these two bozos to not be on the same page on a critical 4th down.
  4. I obviously don’t want to lose this game, but I’m kind of morbidly fascinated to see how big the social media fireball would be if we do.
  5. Matt had a pretty good PC yesterday and was able to break down the things that went wrong on Sunday. When I watched it, I thought of the commercial where a bank is getting robbed and the security guard just stands there as people scream and ask him why he’s not doing anything. He says “oh I’m not a security guard, just a security monitor. I only tell you if there’s a robbery.” ”There’s a robbery.”
  6. Oops. AFC Championship Game. I stand corrected. It was late. 🤣
  7. Sean Payton is a douche, but it’s kind of funny trying to see people dunk on him when he literally played in the Super Bowl last year, a game which MLF has no familiarity with at all. Now, Payton probably hasn’t found a way to lose a game 39-22 that he at one point led 25-17, I’ll grant that.
  8. I do disagree. I respect your opinion, but I don’t know how you come to your conclusions logically. To win 10-11 games, the Packers need to finish 10-6 or 11-5 from here. The offensive line is a major weakness. The running game is nonexistent. They don’t win in the trenches on either side of the ball. I think they have good offensive weapons as far as pass catchers with Golden, Watson and Kraft. I think Jordan Love is a good quarterback, but not a “put a mediocre team on my back” like his predecessor was, which is essentially what is necessary for this team to have success. Matt Lafleur is a questionable gameplanner (I’m going to stop short of saying good given some of his really strange decisions on his O-line rotation), and just simply not a good leader of men. Say what you will about Johnson and Campbell, but there’s a lot of guys who would run through a brick wall for those two on the Bears and Lions. Do you think there’s anyone on the Packers that goes into game day ready to run through a brick wall for Matt Lafleur? The fact that the very thought of that is comical is pretty telling. You need that little bit of edge and drive in this league when you have run into adversity, so it’s not a coincidence that they usually fall apart when adversity strikes.
  9. I agree, but the other part about this is, who seriously gives a crap? If the New York Jets or Tennessee Titans of the world want to hand MLF a head coaching gig if we fire him, why should I even care? I don’t think any of us are ever bemoaning what a mistake we made letting Mike McCarthy go, just because he went on to coach the Cowboys and Steelers. And he at least won us a Super Bowl. Its like saying “I’m in a terrible relationship but I’m going to stick it out because she might find somebody else if I end it.”
  10. LaFleur stated he wanted a two-score cushion because it "changes the whole complexion of the game". I just love this quote about the decision yesterday. Sir, your team can’t protect a two score cushion to save your own life. How have your two score leads changed the complexion of anything?
  11. We don’t talk about how much Gute sucks at building an offensive line enough. It’s not for a lack of investment, either. Anthony Belton was drafted in round 2 last year. He was supposed to be a rare NFL ready Gute pick. And he can’t beat out awful players like Donavan Jennings or Jacob Monk? This is just one of many examples. We know how disappointing Banks and Morgan have been.
  12. It’s pretty clear that Johnson doesn’t respect LaFleur, and LaFleur certainly hasn’t done anything to command either his respect or respect from the rest of the division. I’m not really sure around the league that anyone outside of the Sean McVay coaching tree respects LaFleur much.
  13. Not really related to any of this, but I also think it really bothers him that Ben Johnson doesn’t want to be his buddy. I think if it were up to Matt, they’d attend sporting events together like him and Eberflus did. Matt should actually have the same attitude: “you suck, I don’t like you, and I’m going to beat you.” But he’s soft, and his team is always a reflection of that.
  14. Here’s the kicker: Policy had an out last year with the easy excuse and lame duck status, but extended Matt anyway. I don’t know if the terms were ever disclosed, but say 3 years and 45 million would be on the low end of years and average end of dollars for an extended veteran HC. Since those contracts are fully guaranteed, now he’s stuck. If it were a new HC, I think folks would be more understanding that you can’t just turn everything over one year after installing a new system. But now if MLF is a (predictable) disaster, Policy either has to wait it out as long as possible, or cut bait quickly and then explain to shareholders why he donated $45 million dollars to the Matt LaFleur fund for no reason at all.
  15. It doesn’t really even help his “gameplanning guru” narrative when Donavan Jennings takes 0 snaps with the first unit in preseason and he gets killed when Matt deploys him as a starting guard, I mean he is constantly making awful decisions like this with his units.
  16. I like to put it in terms of the military. LaFleur is that lieutenant platoon leader that can come up with a good tactical game plan that covers terrain, routes, squad assignments, etc. Then he will lead you into battle, freeze up, and get you killed.
  17. I’m just wondering if, after seeing Game 1, if you still believe Matt LaFleur is an above average head coach and 11 wins is on the horizon.
  18. Case in point, punting on 4th and 3 from midfield in the 2nd quarter. An ultra conservative move in today’s NFL. But in the 4th quarter with a chance to be up 8, taking the points off the board to risk a 4th down because “we’re always going to be aggressive.” No you’re not. You’re not Ben Johnson, and you’re not Dan Campbell. There’s no method or rhyme or reason. It’s just whatever the magic 8 ball in Matt’s head is telling him at that particular moment.
  19. I thought it was pretty telling when they asked him after the game what the analytics would say about that 4th down call and he said he had no idea and that it wouldn’t be a factor for him. It’s pretty clear he has no real decision making process in the 4th quarter other than going with whatever his gut says at any particular time, which is usually wrong judging by the 90-15 score that his team has been outscored by after the 3rd quarter in his last 6 games,
  20. I can’t even root for a tank because we don’t even own our own 1st Though maybe that’s no loss, Gute would draft some athletic freak with a good RAS at #8 that was projected to go late 1st and we’d redshirt him his first season before finally working him into the rotation in his second season and expect contributions by the third.
  21. When I watch the Brewers, I get emotional and armchair GM but I know in the back of my head that the guys running that organization do a way better job than I could ever do and they usually end up being right. It’s a really, really bad sign for the leadership of the current Green Bay Packers on how much the hoards of armchair GM’s are actually correct.
  22. Not to let him off the hook, Gute is an overrated GM — and his failures start and stop with the offensive line. He invested a lot in his franchise quarterback. — a 1st round pick, 3 years of holding a clipboard and a whole lot of money. That’s fine and all, but he has done a very poor job of protecting that investment. The CB room is usually pretty much patchwork and he doesn’t get nearly enough out of his day 1 picks. There was absolutely no contingency this season for a Josh Jacobs suspension. It’s just a mess of an underskilled committee. He’s done a nice job finding JL some targets to throw to. Other than that there’s a whole lot of failure for the guy solely responsible for your personnel.
  23. Also, they have lost 9 games in a row without Parsons dating back to the 3 they lost before they acquired him.
  24. The Packers have been outscored 90-15 after the 3rd quarter in their last 6 games.
×
×
  • Create New...