Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. To me the 49-16 record over the last 65 is the one that's truly impressive. A better winning percentage than the 2001 Mariners over >40% of the season. I don't think any of the other crazy hot streaks in franchise history were sustained for barely half this long. Certainly not to the extent of going more than 30 games over .500 and running up an absurd run differential (something like +150) over that time. The 2011 team was only +83 for the whole year.
  2. This team is so good that nobody will care if they lose today, but hitting the burger win feels like a worthy symbolic accomplishment in this extraordinary season.
  3. Back when they had the 6 burgers for $5 promotion… …let me just say that it was arguable whether those burgers were even worth $1.
  4. As soon as the Pirates dropped the double play ball you knew the crooked number was coming. And as soon as they got a few and Vaughn was up you knew what was coming. I’ve never seen anything like it. I just hope this lasts 2 1/2 more months.
  5. For the first time since July 2025 the Milwaukee Brewers have won 10 games in a row.
  6. The pitching basically ran out of gas in 2011. Wolf/Gallardo/Marcum all with 200+ regular season innings. Marcum in particular was useless in the NLCS. 2018 could have gone either way, the Dodgers just had a little more depth and got the big defensive play and big hit in game 7. The 2025 team is not going to get outclassed on depth and ideally won't have to deal with the pesky wild card round.
  7. In the past we might have gone 10 years between free burger opportunities. It has been exactly 20 days since our 11-game winning streak was snapped.
  8. Given the Mariners currently have the highest statistical odds of winning the AL, I was entertaining the thought of a Brewers/Mariners World Series, which would be convenient for me as a Mariners season ticket holder with postseason access. But I think it would actually ruin the experience since half of me would be bitterly disappointed in the result, so I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the victory if the Brewers won. In the long run I think both fanbases would be happy with a World Series appearance but it feels like the Brewers are the ones who are due for the championship, while Mariners fans would be thrilled to even get there.
  9. It seems pretty obvious that aggressive baserunning makes pitching worse but exactly how much is hard to say. 1) It is easily quantified that stealing with > 75% success rate is independently good. 2) Pitcher/catcher are distracted or pitch type gets relayed to batter by runner at 2B (should be possibly to quantify by looking at batter performance when a fast runner is on base). 3) Fast baserunners forcing infielders to rush, creating more errors (seems to track based on rluzinski's link). It seems to affect certain pitchers more than others. Some pitchers completely ignore the baserunners and let them steal (hence how Josh Naylor has 20-some steals this year with 3rd-percentile sprint speed). Then there are relievers who seem to be really good at getting out of jams.
  10. Shouldn’t be long until the division lead is double digits
  11. Jim “Diego” Edmonds…a BF.net special nickname.
  12. Turns out Rockies fans are actually the best in baseball. 30,400 average to watch a historically bad team…
  13. I think we have the answer to the age old question of whether it was the player or management that was causing the problem...
  14. I’m seeing some reports that the MLB record for most hits in a 3-game series was 52. I’m guessing that was modern era. If so, we have the record now :)
  15. There have been some wild games lately. Normally the 13-12 Marlins/Yankees game would have easily been the craziest of the night.
  16. Amazingly it was one of two games on the night with 40 combined hits. And one of three with 25+ combined runs.
  17. I was just texting with my family about how I thought the Brewers probably wished they could be sellers given the prices that assets are fetching.
  18. I am not a superstitious person but I don’t know how you explain the Midas touch of the front office and coaching staff this year without invoking some sort of Uecker voodoo.
  19. Never in my wildest dreams did I think the Brewers would approach “Aaron Rodgers vs the Bears” level of dominance against the Cubs. And it’s even sweeter with a disgusted Counsell having a front row seat.
  20. The Mariners have apparently moved on from Suarez for the moment, although they might have just leaked that information to try and bring the price down.
×
×
  • Create New...