Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. I’m opposed to a cap. I would rather have more revenue sharing. This deferred contract nonsense also needs to be stopped and all TV dollars including local TV revenue should go into the same pot that is distributed equally. All international players should have to enter through the draft, not go to their team of choice. The Brewers will not benefit from a system that forces other small market teams to spend more money. They are thriving in the current system. It will not help us if the Pirates are forced to compete. Let them continue to languish in last place, it isn’t our problem. Their failed strategy of being overly aggressive against LA’s starting pitchers is more to blame for the current situation than any salary-related discrepancies.
  2. Brewers in 7. Let me say it again Brewers in 7.
  3. Yeah I don’t really understand the Brewers game plan or approach at the plate. I hate comparing them to Seattle but I watched Seattle win twice against Detroit when Skubal started by chasing Skubal after 6. They had a much more defensive approach at the plate that was designed to run up the pitch count. They fouled off a lot of good pitches. Ones like those that the Brewers were putting in play with weak contact. I don’t buy that our talent level or roster construction isn’t good enough to beat LA. We put up an extremely poor showing at the plate and we have to do better. We have to get their starters up to 100 pitches by the 7th inning. Even so, this series isn’t that far from being 1-1. This isn’t over yet. A change of scenery might do them well. We have 100 wins this year, we will win more games this week.
  4. Series is far from over. They need to go to LA and win a couple.
  5. They needed to get the Dodgers starters out of the game sooner. That’s really what it comes down to. I have no complaints about our pitching, the Dodgers haven’t done much offensively either.
  6. Tough one to swallow. Would have been less painful to get shut out.
  7. The Blue Jays are playing like they already won their World Series after beating the Yankees
  8. To me the Franklin firing raises the question of whether we think Wisconsin as a program should have similar standards to Penn State or lower standards. If the answer is similar standards, then what are we waiting for?
  9. I may get banned from this forum if I answer the question wrong haha. Definitely Brewers though, you can't go against your childhood team + winning it for Ueck, and I've only been following the Mariners closely for the last 4-5 seasons. I didn't watch all those miserable Brewers teams in the 90s/early 2000s just to abandon them when they finally reach the top of the mountain.
  10. It's the calm before the storm right now. If we pick up some wins early in the series and can start to taste the pennant, it's going to be intense. The national commentators can babble on all they want but these teams are closely matched in overall talent despite different strengths/weaknesses. When it comes down to the moments that matter I think our guys are going to want it more. Brewers in 7.
  11. That was how I expected the Mariners to win at home, not in Toronto. The Jays have their work cut out for them now.
  12. Game 1: Mariners at Blue Jays; Sunday, Oct. 12 (8:03 p.m. ET, FOX/FS1) Game 2: Mariners at Blue Jays; Monday, Oct. 13 (5:03 p.m. ET, FOX/FS1) Game 3: Blue Jays at Mariners, Wednesday, Oct. 15 (TBD, FOX/FS1) Game 4: Blue Jays at Mariners, Thursday, Oct. 16 (TBD, FOX/FS1) Game 5: Blue Jays at Mariners, Friday, Oct. 17 (TBD, FOX/FS1)* Game 6: Mariners at Blue Jays; Sunday, Oct. 19 (TBD, FOX/FS1)* Game 7: Mariners at Blue Jays; Monday, Oct. 20 (TBD, FOX/FS1)* Some consider Toronto the AL version of the Brewers given their contact heavy offense and success despite low expectations. Their splitter-heavy pitching staff gave the Yankees trouble. Seattle is the only MLB team to never win a pennant. They have a power heavy offense and deep rotation, a formula that is optimal for winning at their home ballpark. Both teams are known for their star power (Springer/Guerrero and Raleigh/Rodriguez) and both play very well at home. On paper the Blue Jays are better positioned to take an upper hand early in the series with Seattle forced to scramble together pitching after using all three of their top starters in game 5 of the ALDS. But Seattle has an x-factor in all-star Bryan Woo, who is expected to make the roster and start in the middle of the series. Bo Bichette is officially out for Toronto. Prediction? Mariners in 7. In a long series the Mariners’ pitching advantage should eventually win out. But this will probably come down to which team gets the best performance out of their stars.
  13. Two of our best teams in the past decade were derailed by closer meltdowns (maybe a third if you count the wall incident). Can’t say enough about how critical it was that Uribe took the unnecessary drama out of the late innings.
  14. So proud of this team. No matter what happens we can look back fondly on what this group accomplished in a year that nobody expected them to do anything.
  15. There’s more money in the Big Ten than the SEC now.
  16. It was a real drain to maintain that intensity level for 5 hours. More relief than anything else at the end. I suspect that game was more fun to watch as a neutral fan than with a rooting interest.
  17. I can’t believe I experienced that in person. Milwaukee deserves a celebration like the one happening in Seattle tonight.
  18. It's what we all feared as soon as soon as the playoff bracket was set. And then when the series was set. And now even more so that we're starting it in the face. All I can say is that I remember going to Cubs/Brewers games in the mid-2000s when they stomped all over us with the crowd at Miller Park being 90%+ Cubs fans. At that time the thought of getting a game like this would have been beyond the wildest dreams of any of us. It's what we live for as sports fans, to have the opportunity right in front of us to win a single game that could very likely go down as the greatest triumph in franchise history. With the fact that the series nearly slipped away making it all the sweeter. There could be a moment in this game that we'll be talking about for the rest of our lives. The tradeoff is that to fully experience the triumph we have to open ourselves up to the vulnerability of losing the game and that vision that we all have of CC with his giant smirk having erased every embarrassing moment that we have dealt him since he signed that contract. So let's play the game.
  19. I'm sick of giving up early runs. I want to open with a fireballer. Two innings of Uribe would be great. Miz absolutely has to pitch. The kid has a great career ahead of him. Think about what he might accomplish in his career if he avoids injury and gets some experience under his belt. Then think about how we'll feel about this game 5 years from now if he doesn't pitch and we lose. I'd rather go down tomorrow knowing that we put our best arm out there. But I also don't want him to get too jacked up, which is why if I was Murphy I wouldn't even tell him if he is pitching or not, just to "be ready". Wait until the second inning to tell him he's pitching the third.
  20. My parents are flying out to Seattle today so I'm excited to watch this one with my dad. We watched the Bucks win the championship when he was out here so I'm hoping for similar vibes tonight.
  21. I trust that our ace will deliver. Win today, don't let it come down to one game if we can avoid it. The Cubs also have to cover 9 innings today and 9 in a potential game 5.
  22. All 4 teams that had a chance to advance failed on their first attempt. The Blue Jays succeeded on their second attempt. The rest of the series are TBD.
×
×
  • Create New...