Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. They have the advantage of being at home again where runs are at a premium. So odds are it will come down to the bullpens again, where they have the theoretical advantage (although that certainly wasn't the case in game 4).
  2. I still think there's a 50% chance we win, as I did a few innings ago.
  3. The pressure is on them to hold this.
  4. I think we have at least a 50% chance of coming back and winning.
  5. So far the moral of the story in MLB in the past 24 hours is that getting the third and final win in the division series is easier said than done.
  6. Two different pitching strategies on display here after both starters pitched well through 3 IP... Tigers go to the bullpen and have to use a high leverage arm to get out of a mess. Mariners will likely stick with Miller for now.
  7. Ha, not surprising. Can’t say they aren’t putting all their chips on the table to wrap this up in 3.
  8. With the Bears they can mostly just look in the mirror. The Cubs are at least a decently competent organization, but the Brewers have almost single handedly prevented them from taking advantage of the Cardinals finally being mediocre. And you know it drives them crazy that it's a small market who they should be dominating because of their supposed superiority.
  9. I think you have to get Chourio's bat in the lineup. I get nervous about him fielding. I dream about the possibility of getting 4 days off.
  10. I know this is a foreign concept to you but I cheer for two baseball teams and I like them equally.
  11. Half of the teams in the postseason don’t seem to have enough pitching to go anywhere. Although someone has to advance in the Yankees/Blue Jays slugfest of a series.
  12. These type of ideas likely have the buy in of a dozen or more senior people that are directly involved with game strategy. Murphy certainly has a seat at that table but the unique part is that he's the one that has to sell it to the players involved. Almost every team has an analytics department and surely many of them are coming up with interesting strategies, but few organizations have the buy in that the Brewers do to actually execute a high risk/high reward strategy in a series that they already have the upper hand in. Nobody in their right mind would use their clear #2 starter as a decoy in game 2 of a playoff series, while filling his space with the literal human manifestation of Ricky 'Wild Thing' Vaughn. So even though the strategy was a success we're still debating it.
  13. Too early to say if it was a "master class" move or not. We're playing the long game as others have noted. Maybe we win game 3 because Priester has a couple deep fly balls knocked down by the wind blowing in? Or maybe we end up with bullpen fatigue by game 4. Who knows. Right now it looks pretty brilliant though. Even if the alternate plan went well and Priester had won game 2, we'd be sitting here right now worrying about how the bullpen would cover game 3. Instead we're in ridiculously good shape.
  14. If you told me we gave up 3 total runs in a bullpen game and got 3 innings out of Miz I would be over the moon. Just don’t tell me any other details.
  15. Feels like we’re living in a dream. I never want this season to end. With any luck we can ride it for a few more weeks.
  16. The first half of this game borrowed extensively from the plot of Major League.
  17. He’s too busy questioning pitches that are clearly strikes.
  18. I thought this series would be the death of me, and it still might be, but right now I’m having as much or more fun than the big winning streak.
  19. 55 years to get one postseason 3 run hr…a little over an hour to get another
  20. Im glad Miz is having fun because he’s taking the rest of us for an emotional rollercoaster ride.
  21. Love the enthusiasm. He got it done. Don’t think he knew where any of his pitches were going to end up.
  22. I didn’t watch. I didn’t even know who they were playing this week until I happened to be checking college football scores. I’m completely checked out as a fan.
×
×
  • Create New...