Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. I thought extra innings sucked in the 3TO era. Just a race to see who can hit a solo HR first, and sometimes it took forever. The Mariners had back-to-back 12 inning games in September and I just wanted the second one to be over so I could go to bed. Eventually there will be a change but with both owners/players happy with the current situation it will take a fan lead initiative. Ideally they would at least play the 10th with regular rules. I haven't seen anyone suggest a change that is clearly better than the zombie runner. Maybe you put the runner at 1st instead of second so you can't lose on a blooper. Two outfielders instead of three?. Three ball walks? There are a lot of ways to manipulate the rules without putting auto runners on, but are any of them actually better?
  2. West coast Brewers fans rejoice! Especially since I'm still recovering from the Mariners game last night.
  3. Too bad we can’t score in the postseason because we don’t hit home runs.
  4. A single solo HR is no biggie, glad he settled in
  5. I was 3/4 in the WC round…thought the Padres would advance but no luck. Phi/LA: Dodgers in 5. LA is firing on all cylinders but their pitching depth will cost them a few games. A must watch series. Chc/Mil: Brewers in 4. Please. NYY/Tor: Yankees in 4. Im torn on this one. Likely going to be an offense heavy series, in the end I think the Yankees steal a game in Toronto and close it out at home. Det/Sea: Mariners in 4. The Mariners fit the formula of a team built for postseason success with their power hitting lineup and rotation depth. With Skubal not available in game 1 it feels like Detroit will be playing from behind from the start and won’t recover the momentum.
  6. He got the double play ball, the defense just botched it.
  7. I didn't think the Cubs pitching would pull them through in a short series against that top-heavy SD bullpen, but you have to get enough out of your starting pitching to get to your high leverage arms.
  8. Such a waste of time to even start him. One more hit and this game is blown open.
  9. Feels like we're due for some reverse sweeps this year.
  10. I can't find it documented but I know I read it somewhere. It makes sense because many stadiums have TVs in the club seats right behind home plate. It wouldn't be that hard for the fans to start calling out when to challenge. It will definitely make the TV watching experience different, we're so used to the instant feedback of that box that it will be difficult to judge borderline balls/strikes without it.
  11. Welcome to the forum! Great first post. It's not surprising that Rhys is rusty, but I agree, he's unlikely to magically figure it out in high leverage postseason ABs.
  12. That is correct, the televised box will not be allowed next year for exactly that reason.
  13. I remember after the first inning my dad turned to me and was like "there's no way we can keep up this energy for the whole game". We did settle in for the middle innings but got amped again at the end. And I'll never forget the extremely loud "Let's go Brewers" chants in the concourses after. That was something you can only experience once I think, you can't recreate the 'first playoff game in 25 years' energy level. I flew in from Seattle for 2018 NLCS games 6-7. That first inning outburst in game 6 was the most jacked up I have ever been at a Brewers game. I think the raw crowd energy was better in 2008 though. Had game 7 been close in the late innings it would have surely topped everything but it got ripped away a little too soon for that crowd to really taste it. I wasn't there but I feel like the 2011 Nyjer Morgan walkoff and last year's back-to-back HR in WC game 3 are likely up there are well.
  14. There seems to be no info about Monday???
  15. Has a Brewers game ever started at 8 PM before??? That crowd is going to be liquored up.
  16. The Cubs would be playing with house money in that series. The Brewers are in danger of this entire era being tainted by quick playoff exits. If we end up winning I guess it would be exciting in retrospect.
  17. The moral of the story so far is that one run isn't going to win you many games.
  18. That's a game that the Guardians would have won in the regular season, but those were not pretty ABs with just needing to get the runner on third in. Ironic that Detroit beat them with a sac bunt.
  19. Recent Brewers teams have been really good at coming up with painful postseason eliminations. I can't imagine a scenario involving the Padres that would be more painful than Counsell getting the last laugh this season.
  20. Tigers and Guardians trying to out-small ball each other. Skubal at 85 pitches in the 7th.
  21. They really need to do away with these weekday 1 PM wild card games, I don't care what the implications are for TV. There are thousands of empty seats in Cleveland and it's not because of lack of interest in the team, it's because they had less than 48 hours to sell tickets to a playoff game in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. (I say this as I watch the game and contribute to the problem by boosting the ratings)
  22. I don't know that I could handle a Brewers/Cubs playoff series. I don't even know that I could watch the games. Just too stressful. Hearing 1/4 of the crowd cheering when bad things happen to us in a playoff game at home, especially when I'm still not over Alonso knocking us out? Can't take it. I hope the Padres knock them out.
  23. The Brewers are surely going to get the earliest timeslot -- noon central.
  24. I think some of it comes down to how they seed. The 3 seed is the weakest division winner so the 3/6 is often closer than the seeding would suggest. 4/5 should be a tossup though. But for whatever reason teams seem to have trouble at home when the playoffs start. The Brewers looked terrible in WC game 1 last year.
×
×
  • Create New...