Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Jackson Chourio - Baseball America Hype


Jackson Chourio took their #1 spot on their weekly prospect hot sheet after his huge debut. 

There's also a fantastic article posted this morning about him.  It's an impressive read.  Not sure if it's a subscription read or not, but here's the link.  https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/in-first-full-season-series-jackson-chourio-opens-eyes/

Sounds like it's going to be a fun summer to follow Jackson and it wouldn't shock me to see him quickly rise up the fan voting this summer.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

Josh Norris is infatuated with Chourio. He was posting a lot of video the last few days. Check out his twitter feed:

 

 

  • Like 2
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
3 hours ago, homer said:

Josh Norris is infatuated with Chourio. He was posting a lot of video the last few days. Check out his twitter feed:

 

 

I am trying to figure out how he is staying balanced with that stride.  It looks awkward but it may just be the angle of the video.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The hype is real. This is what we call a tantalizing prospect. His swing is so sweet. This is the proverbial 5-Tool ball of clay. Let's hope he stays healthy and evolves into a superstar😂

  • Like 1
Joey Wiemer is my Spirit Animal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
4 hours ago, homer said:

Josh Norris is infatuated with Chourio. He was posting a lot of video the last few days. Check out his twitter feed:

 

 

Just to elucidate the 'infatuated' (I've been following this development as well):

Edit to Add: For those of you who are unaware, Josh is the Senior Editor at Baseball America. So, this praise isn't casually shared. He is seeing what we are seeing when we tune into Carolina: Stud. Legit stud. 

  • Like 1
Joey Wiemer is my Spirit Animal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
4 hours ago, Manty Brewer Fan said:

Jackson Chourio took their #1 spot on their weekly prospect hot sheet after his huge debut. 

There's also a fantastic article posted this morning about him.  It's an impressive read.  Not sure if it's a subscription read or not, but here's the link.  https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/in-first-full-season-series-jackson-chourio-opens-eyes/

Sounds like it's going to be a fun summer to follow Jackson and it wouldn't shock me to see him quickly rise up the fan voting this summer.

100%. Chourio is already a Top Ten prospect and it really isn't debatable imho. Our Top 10 is most likely going to need several adjustments. You don't see young men like this all too often. He has come in, from Day 1, with Big Brass in attendance semi-regularly and absolutely raked. He has everything there. This is a legitimate possible superstar. 

  • Like 2
Joey Wiemer is my Spirit Animal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1 hour ago, nate82 said:

I am trying to figure out how he is staying balanced with that stride.  It looks awkward but it may just be the angle of the video.  

It's important to see the swing in real time. That swing is definitively more open as it's an oppo blast. He has a wide stance, indeed, but he gets immense power from his hips and torso flexion. Here are two hits (that HR included) in real time:

 

Joey Wiemer is my Spirit Animal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
57 minutes ago, Julio Muchacho said:

It's important to see the swing in real time. That swing is definitively more open as it's an oppo blast. He has a wide stance, indeed, but he gets immense power from his hips and torso flexion. Here are two hits (that HR included) in real time:

 

Looks like the angle in the other video was throwing my brain off.  It looked like he was falling down in the previous video or at least seemed that way.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he's out in front of a breaking ball.....just a guess without seeing where it went.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Let's add to our 'Churro' love fest. From the Player Development twitterverse a mere 7 hours ago:

His bat speed is truly a thing to behold. This kid is electric.

Joey Wiemer is my Spirit Animal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member

I don't anticipate is graduating a lot of players this years from the minors, combined with our track record on pitching development a guy like Churrio coming along to potentially headline the farm system could produce a lot of movement up our system rankings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, Julio Muchacho said:

100%. Chourio is already a Top Ten prospect and it really isn't debatable imho. Our Top 10 is most likely going to need several adjustments. You don't see young men like this all too often. He has come in, from Day 1, with Big Brass in attendance semi-regularly and absolutely raked. He has everything there. This is a legitimate possible superstar. 

100% agree he is top 10 right now.  I had him 7 I think in my fan vote and I already feel light.  Think he has a good chance to move to #1 for me by midseason.

It will be very curious where BA  has him in their updated top 10 next week when they release a new top 10 for the brewers and other teams in the NL/AL central.  They've been aggressive in moving guys unlike years past in their updates.  For instance Tiedemann who is having a fantastic start to the year got moved to #4 in the Toronto system.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Manty Brewer Fan said:

Well Baseball America is changing up their top 10 rankings and the frequency with which they update.  They just updated the central.  Chourio has jumped all the way to #3 for the Brewers!

On top of the jump within the Brewers rankings, Chourio snuck into the top 100 at #99!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...