Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

igor67

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,638
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by igor67

  1. Seems like karma to me for a team that has played games with weather cancellations at other teams expense.
  2. For whatever it's worth if we get a ring I'd give one to Bryse even though he shouldn't make a playoff roster. He willingly and acceptably filled an important role
  3. I believe Murph knows his players super well and picks his spots for the public stuff. It's not like he does it that often compared to years ago. And given how often he's been chided for not doing those things it just makes way more sense to me that he's actually really good at the people side and is using that info we just don't have.
  4. I don't know what the in between starts throwing looks like anymore, but I always liked the idea of letting your starters toss a real inning instead of just practice in the post season. Both Miz and Henderson seem like they have the make-up to just roll with that.
  5. Yep not really feeling like I need to invest a bunch of time in the Packers. Not having a viable offensive line has made it clear quickly that there is nothing worth hoping on this year. Luckily after the Brewers World Series victory I have other things to do on weekends, since NIL has also made college unwatchable.
  6. Thanks to everyone not just Jim who contributed these last few years.
  7. I believe that is correct and makes sense with the extra time off, you still want him to be able to go 100 pitches if he is dealing. I'd love to see another Maddux in game 1.
  8. Is Gordon the best arm we acquired at the deadline?
  9. I assume Vaughn is around for next season, and you wait for performance or injuries to let whatever combination of Burke, Fischer (or other corner bats) to force the issue a bit. Which I'm OK with if contact with Fischer wasn't a wild card I'd be thinking more about bringing him up right away and trying to snag the ROY, but give the vets some more time while you wait for the rookies gives us both plenty of upside and gives us that depth. I imagine a similar philosophy on the other side of the infield. The combinations of performance, salary and options gives the team a lot of flexibility to make moves when players are ready instead of being forced into decisions.
  10. I'm not even going to read the logic in the fangraphs article. Yes he might go back to being what he was early in the year, but I can't think of any actual fan who thinks it makes sense when we could just take another bullpen arm and frankly probably get more innings out of them. Heck there is a better argument for Woody than Harrison. Sure he's probably not ready but he has managed to pitch well when not hurt
  11. I would think with the extra off days they would go for a longer start as well.
  12. I appreciated the extended clip on Letson. That delivery though is really messing with me, I kept thinking Brett Saberhagen even though Letson isn't going the submariner route he still has the tight ball I don't remember seeing from too many other pitchers.
  13. I would tend to agree that on the team level defense being worth closer to 40 runs than 20 compared to average is most likely. 20 runs a year doesn't really explain the Brewers success .
  14. Is Pratt somewhat limited statistically by playing between Ortiz and Turang? I know with older methods there definitely was an effect if you played next to a really great defender.
  15. Listening to the post game show. It sounds like the Pirates are doing another bullpen game again tomorrow? I don't recall ever seeing that twice in one series.
  16. I don't think any team this century has won often enough to be described as playoff dominant. Last time was the Jeter era Yankees and they had fewer rounds...
  17. Very excited to keep seeing what both of them can do in the Fall League
  18. It's as good of time as any to go back to a 16 games schedule...
  19. There's the special teams we all remember
  20. It's not the worst thing to have the Cubs take a bit longer to be eliminated. Having only the Dodgers to think about for weeks on end is the kind of thing that can get in your head.
  21. The extra game on the Dodgers is pretty nice. 2.5 plus the tie breaker means the team likely just needs to play 7-6 the rest of the way. 8-5 all but forces the Dodgers to win out
  22. I wonder if they are waiting on Naylor so they don't switch catchers on May?
  23. Based on historical anecdotes I think the biggest part of homefield vs. the Dodgers for me is 1 less game on the West Coast. I tend to believe some combination of distance and time zones does make those longer trips harder than. I haven't seen any studies on it, but it is plausible and fits perception.
  24. At this point I like thinking of it as aiming for that 100 win mark. Which means going 9-6 now. Good but not amazing. The Braves have no shot at that point to over take us, and LA would still need to go 12-4 and get to 101 wins. Tough even on the soft schedule
×
×
  • Create New...