Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
1 hour ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

I think that's a stretch. Zeitler was refusing to play for anyone at league minimum and allegedly in shape. I'd guess Tomlinson and Zeitler are playing next week at the latest.

Right, but being “in shape” and having run with the pads on while taking hits are two different things. It’s one of the reasons they have a couple weeks training camp before the preseason games start. 
 

Zeitler in particular at 36 they’re going to make sure he’s ready to go before starting him and have him pull a hamstring or groin and miss 8 weeks. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, JosephC said:

Jayden Reed out for the year.  Have to wonder if this will turn out to be a career-ending injury.

Good thing they gave him that contract extension. He’s got a $2M roster bonus due in 2027, and will have missed 25 out of the last 34 games with injuries. Probably gets released after the year.

Too bad, he probably has some ability but using him as a ball carrier on jet sweeps, screens, and all the underneath routes has dealt more punishment than his body can seem to handle. 

But at least we’ll get more Bo Melton on offense.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jopal78 said:

Right, but being “in shape” and having run with the pads on while taking hits are two different things. It’s one of the reasons they have a couple weeks training camp before the preseason games start. 
 

Zeitler in particular at 36 they’re going to make sure he’s ready to go before starting him and have him pull a hamstring or groin and miss 8 weeks. 

Zeitler has been incredibly durable during his career. But yeah 36 is 36.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted
2 hours ago, Jopal78 said:

Right, but being “in shape” and having run with the pads on while taking hits are two different things. It’s one of the reasons they have a couple weeks training camp before the preseason games start. 
 

Zeitler in particular at 36 they’re going to make sure he’s ready to go before starting him and have him pull a hamstring or groin and miss 8 weeks. 

They don't have 4 weeks. I don't think these guys are saving anything, but the team probably hopes they are. They could be 1-6 in 4 weeks. I'll be surprised if at least one of them isn't playing next week. Wouldn't shock me if they shove one out there this weekend. The situation is dire.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted
15 minutes ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

They don't have 4 weeks. I don't think these guys are saving anything, but the team probably hopes they are. They could be 1-6 in 4 weeks. I'll be surprised if at least one of them isn't playing next week. Wouldn't shock me if they shove one out there this weekend. The situation is dire.

I think that at least one will be out there this weekend for sure.

 

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted
5 hours ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

Because they have an incompetent GM who is doing June's work in October. The ghost of Aaron Rodgers let these buffoons believe that they could "just figure it out" with their patchwork OL and telling guys "yeah just go play over there."

Yeah, Gute has made himself look extremely foolish the way he's been scrambling to sign o-linemen this week.

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Posted
3 hours ago, JosephC said:

Jayden Reed out for the year.  Have to wonder if this will turn out to be a career-ending injury.

Yeah, it doesn't sound promising. Shades of Sterling Sharpe, Nick Collins and Tim Lewis.

  • Sad 1

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Posted
2 hours ago, OldSchoolSnapper said:

They don't have 4 weeks. I don't think these guys are saving anything, but the team probably hopes they are. They could be 1-6 in 4 weeks. I'll be surprised if at least one of them isn't playing next week. Wouldn't shock me if they shove one out there this weekend. The situation is dire.

Sure, but by the same token some guy who’s been working out but has not been taking hits isn’t set up for success to be tossed out there, pull a muscle and miss even more time, put them back to where they started until the season is truly lost. I expect Tomlinson to play Sunday he was on a practice squad. The other two, probably a couple weeks minimum 

Posted
7 hours ago, igor67 said:

Can anyone recall a team 3 games into a season needing to sign 2 offensive linemen not caused by injury?

?

ZBB is out for the year causing Belton to have to play RT and Banks suffered a turf toe injury (on lousy turf) and is out for a while.  That's injury... or am I missing something?

If ZBB and Banks are healthy, they're not starting Monk, Jennings, or Burton at OG.

Posted
14 hours ago, LouisEly said:

?

ZBB is out for the year causing Belton to have to play RT and Banks suffered a turf toe injury (on lousy turf) and is out for a while.  That's injury... or am I missing something?

If ZBB and Banks are healthy, they're not starting Monk, Jennings, or Burton at OG.

Monk was the preferred starter at RG both week 1 and week 2.  I never quite understood why Belton stopped playing RG during training camp and switched to backing up RT only, but they did pick Monk as the preferred starter.

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
On 9/30/2026 at 2:11 PM, OldSchoolSnapper said:

They don't have 4 weeks. I don't think these guys are saving anything, but the team probably hopes they are. They could be 1-6 in 4 weeks. I'll be surprised if at least one of them isn't playing next week. Wouldn't shock me if they shove one out there this weekend. The situation is dire.

Looks like you might be right and they play them Sunday. 

Posted

ZBB, Reed, and now Cooper - all out for the season.  That is a brutal hit for a team that didn't have much depth or game changing players to begin with.  One of the keys for the season was staying healthy - especially for their key players.  Now three of them out before we are 1/4 into the season.  Yikes.

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
7 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

ZBB, Reed, and now Cooper - all out for the season.  That is a brutal hit for a team that didn't have much depth or game changing players to begin with.  One of the keys for the season was staying healthy - especially for their key players.  Now three of them out before we are 1/4 into the season.  Yikes.

Trading Wicks for a 6th round pick in 2027 looks pretty foolish now that they have Melton, Moore and Sturdivsnt as their 3-4 and 5th WR

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jopal78 said:

Trading Wicks for a 6th round pick in 2027 looks pretty foolish now that they have Melton, Moore and Sturdivsnt as their 3-4 and 5th WR

I don't know that Wicks played any slot WR anyway... but it is a bit step down from Reed to M&M. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
5 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

I don't know that Wicks played any slot WR anyway... but it is a bit step down from Reed to M&M. 

Cynically, with knowing Parsons was likely to miss a large chunk of the season and 11 picks in the 2027 draft which is reported to be unusually filled with talent, they may have viewed this season as more of a soft  retooling year anyways. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, JosephC said:

What is the timetable for Savion Williams?

No mention of an update today with the medical update. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted

I'm a bit surprised to see the Packers are only a 3 point dog to the Bears.  It's a home game, and Williams is out, but the Packers have not been competitive against average-to-good teams at all.  I only say average-to-good, because this early we still don't know how good the Vikings and Falcons are, but they don't figure to be bottom-dwellers like the Jets and an 0-4 Bucs team that are playing with an undrafted rookie free agent QB.  

Posted
22 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

ZBB, Reed, and now Cooper - all out for the season.  That is a brutal hit for a team that didn't have much depth or game changing players to begin with.  One of the keys for the season was staying healthy - especially for their key players.  Now three of them out before we are 1/4 into the season.  Yikes.

I am not saying you're suggesting this, but I really hope I don't have to hear how injuries derailed this season next summer. This team looked like absolute doo doo before anyone got hurt.

Whenever this topic came up this past offseason and someone would tell me about the all guys hurt last year, I merely replied that more guys would get hurt this year, too. It's just a fact of football life. Five starters will probably miss significant time and you just have to pray they're the supporting variety and not your main guys. This will be a season people just want to forget like 2018. Just over before it started. At least that year we got a month before Rodgers got hurt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...