Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted

 Yes, it is wayyy to early and yes the AI pronunciation for Jesus Made was...off. Interesting to see what half a year can do as far as a trade piece is concerned. For your discussion...

Recommended Posts

Posted

The Brewers should always be listening on trade opportunities. Sell high, buy low should usually be the mode they are in. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Playing Catch said:

Hardcore fans in the big markets suddenly like defence, especially in Philly.

Not too surprising to see that from Phillies fans. Not a good defensive infield as currently arranged and questionable moving forward.

Turner at SS is getting old and is signed through 2033. Stott is probably fine at 2B. Sosa is just a utility player. Bohm is a bad 3B and should leave as a free agent after 2026.

The Phillies have two SS prospects in Aidan Miller and Bryan Rincon. Miller should have been playing at AAA but has been sidelined almost all year with a back issue (discogenic pain and facet inflammation in the lumbar spine) and had a procedure done. Rincon is at AA and probably needs at least another season in the minors. So obtaining someone like Ortiz makes a lot of sense.

Posted
4 hours ago, PBTank said:

The Brewers should always be listening on trade opportunities. Sell high, buy low should usually be the mode they are in. 

Agreed, there is always a price, Joey has been amazing so I would set his price very high right now. I have mentioned this somewhere but I like the idea of keeping him to start the year and if Made plays well and pushes him the 1st month of the season I would do an early season deal like we did when we acquired Willy Adames. However if someone would offer us 3 really good pieces I would have a hard time turning it down, especially with Hamilton on board to hold the fort for Made.

I am not a big fan of the Phillies farm system but I would take the risk on Francisco Renteria as the main piece. Renteria should be off limits if the Phillies were smart, Gage Wood is also a great piece that would likely be off limits. However I don't like Aiden Miller with Pratt around, Andrew Painter and Justin Crawford have been rough in the bigs and those guys would be the only high end Phillies young guys that likely start a deal for Joey.

Posted
2 hours ago, jay87shot said:

Agreed, there is always a price, Joey has been amazing so I would set his price very high right now. I have mentioned this somewhere but I like the idea of keeping him to start the year and if Made plays well and pushes him the 1st month of the season I would do an early season deal like we did when we acquired Willy Adames. However if someone would offer us 3 really good pieces I would have a hard time turning it down, especially with Hamilton on board to hold the fort for Made.

I am not a big fan of the Phillies farm system but I would take the risk on Francisco Renteria as the main piece. Renteria should be off limits if the Phillies were smart, Gage Wood is also a great piece that would likely be off limits. However I don't like Aiden Miller with Pratt around, Andrew Painter and Justin Crawford have been rough in the bigs and those guys would be the only high end Phillies young guys that likely start a deal for 

I like Ferrebus and McFarlane.  But they are definitely not enough at Joey’s current value.  He’s put himself squarely in being a major league starting SS.  That is tremendous value with 3 years of control. 

Posted
7 hours ago, Playing Catch said:

Hardcore fans in the big markets suddenly like defence, especially in Philly.

defence?

lol

Just razzing you, but this is spelled incorrectly a lot.  Unless of course, you are British...

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted
20 hours ago, TURBO said:

defence?

lol

Just razzing you, but this is spelled incorrectly a lot.  Unless of course, you are British...

Or Canadian... or just a hockey fan 😀

Posted
On 9/17/2026 at 2:46 PM, TURBO said:

defence?

lol

Just razzing you, but this is spelled incorrectly a lot.  Unless of course, you are British...

Drives me nuts. I do it with the English spellings of other words, too. Too many favorite authors over the years from over there, I guess.

Posted

The Bucks writer at BrewHoop is British and does that all the time.  Come on...know your audience!  Use your English-to-English translator!

As for Joey, I doubt anyone is going to give us value as a starting SS without a bit more time at this production level.  No rush to trade him off... wait until one of the young players takes the job.  

But if we can convince the Phillys to take Bunty... 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...