Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
8 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Not to argue with you but Pat Murphy and I have the same amount of world series rings. When he takes the lead I will stay quiet on his crazy stuff like hitting his worst player 5th tonight. 

I believe you have zero MOTY awards, though.

Baseball is the same game that is played in the regular season and in the postseason. Turns out it's pretty hard to win a WS when you're in the same league as the Dodgers!

  • Love 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, areacodes said:

They started Sanchez at DH and Contreras at catcher 22 times this year (only 3 after 9/1), so I doubt they wouldn’t do it in the playoffs.

I’m guessing they don’t believe Ray will be in the game long and want flexibility later.

That was in the regular season where the games are less important…….in a 5 game series I don’t think they want to pidgin hole themselves into that situation from the start of the game when an injury can happen at anytime to a catcher and then you have no DH.

You could be right but my belief is if they were leaning in that direction they would have kept Naylor on the roster.

We will find out I guess.

Posted

Far too many times I’ve criticized Murphy for in game decisions & loyalty to he favorite players. So, while I would have preferred to see Vaughn at DH, I will give the best manager in MLB the benefit of the doubt & keep quiet. Hopefully, we get off to a good start & eventually win the series against San Diego. I miss baseball so this should be fun. 

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, willie key said:

Why is Vaughn on roster if he can’t start this game

It’s still possible Vaughn will get the same amount of at bats he otherwise would. It seems like we’ve been pulling him in the fourth inning quite a bit.

it is kind of nice to have Vaughn available off the bench if the Padres go to a left-handed reliever.

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, willie key said:

Why is Vaughn on roster if he can’t start this game

According to Murphy to watch and learn from the Captain 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

I believe you have zero MOTY awards, though.

Baseball is the same game that is played in the regular season and in the postseason. 

Good to hear. We better win it all then

Posted
39 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Instead of doing the right thing to win we have a manager who wants to be part of the story. He wants us to in the end talk about his smarts and loyalty. It is an affront to every Brewers fan much less player. Now can they win despite Murphy sure but it's gonna be much harder with him than without him. 

Where do you people come up with this crap?

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Posted
2 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Good to hear. We better win it all then

"We better". Or what? Man, that's a hard way to go about things. And we haven't even played a single inning yet!

Posted
5 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

That was in the regular season where the games are less important…….in a 5 game series I don’t think they want to pidgin hole themselves into that situation from the start of the game when an injury can happen at anytime to a catcher and then you have no DH.

You could be right but my belief is if they were leaning in that direction they would have kept Naylor on the roster.

We will find out I guess.

To me, the playoffs make it more likely to take the risk with starting both of your catchers on the small chance one would get hurt.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

"We better". Or what? Man, that's a hard way to go about things. And we haven't even played a single inning yet!

You said regular season is exactly the same as postseason. Obviously wrong. I'm just rolling with you. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Not to argue with you but Pat Murphy and I have the same amount of world series rings. When he takes the lead I will stay quiet on his crazy stuff like hitting his worst player 5th tonight. 

No you won’t.

I don’t always agree with what he does, but he obviously has the pulse of this team and has lead us to their best stretch in team history. If you can’t see he isn’t sabotaging the team now, winning a World Series won’t stop you later.

  • Like 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

You said regular season is exactly the same as postseason. Obviously wrong. I'm just rolling with you. 

All I literally said was they play the game of baseball in the regular season and in the postseason. 

As another poster said, where exactly come up with this stuff? Might I suggest another tact? 

  • Like 2
Verified Member
Posted
28 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Because he stinks and they have no other options with Buehler on paternity. That is why. They're not going to surrender this game and leave him in forever.

Now, it's on the Brewers to actually mount threats, but the Padres have no qualms about going to their super pen.  

Yeah, I'm just going to say we're giving him every opportunity not to suck with the lineup that we're trotting out.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, areacodes said:

No you won’t.

I don’t always agree with what he does, but he obviously has the pulse of this team and has lead us to their best stretch in team history. If you can’t see he isn’t sabotaging the team now, winning a World Series won’t stop you later.

Sure it will. That's the whole point. Play the best players. When you start the explanation with his career speaks for itself you have the wrong framework. I want who can help us win today. Then I want who will help us tomorrow.  Then the next day. I don’t want Brandon Woodruff in the 9th inning next series because his carrer says he deserves it. Like I said if they win it I won't criticize him again. Till then it's fair game. 

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, Bulldogboy said:

Sure it will. That's the whole point. Play the best players. When you start the explanation with his career speaks for itself you have the wrong framework. I want who can help us win today. Then I want who will help us tomorrow.  Then the next day. I don’t want Brandon Woodruff in the 9th inning next series because his carrer says he deserves it. Like I said if they win it I won't criticize him again. Till then it's fair game. 

Thought the whole point was to win the game not just play the best players?

Posted
4 minutes ago, JeffDamico1999 said:

It’s also just a lie that Yelich has had success against Robbie Ray. He’s batting .250/.333/.313 against him in his career. 18 PAs.

.333 OBP is fine.

I just saw that Gary Sanchez has two career home runs off of Ray.

Community Moderator
Posted
3 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Skubal has set down 15 consecutive Braves since allowing a leadoff single. 

It’s a shame that Detroit demanded Henderson, I think we would have approved almost any other package. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, areacodes said:

Thought the whole point was to win the game not just play the best players?

How does Yelich in Vaughn out advance that goal tonight? Just curious what flavor Kool aid you drinking. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...