Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
3 minutes ago, BrewerFan said:

Yes, they do. They hung cards in STing on when was a good time to challenge and when not to for their hitters(Green for good time, Red for... bad obviously). 

Still left it up to the hitters obviously IF it was a ball/strike, but what situations, they mostly decided. They talked about what situations to use it... 

well, they clearly have a few rogues who don’t care about the cards, then 

  • Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted

The only run Henderson gave up since the first inning was after the inning should’ve been over. If you’re gonna pull starters so quickly then you should have no issue starting them later this series. And don’t whine about an overused pen then 

Community Moderator
Posted

JoJo is nasty...

  • Like 1

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted
Just now, Devinep said:

The only run Henderson gave up since the first inning was after the inning should’ve been over. If you’re gonna pull starters so quickly then you should have no issue starting them later this series. And don’t whine about an overused pen then 

Yes, our normally stout D did him no favors last inning.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, BrewerFan said:

Really? Lara?

Well... I just don't get that. I like both. Frelick is a gamer(kinda overused term, but you get it). 

But Lara is our future CFer and has good ABs. 

Exactly … regardless of who doesn’t “see it” with Lara… the Brewers clearly do, or they wouldn’t have signed him to an 8 year contract. 

I see a lot of unreasonable expectations for 21 year olds. Not every young player is Jackson Chourio. 

Hardly any, actually. 

  • Like 2
Posted
3 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

well, they clearly have a few rogues who don’t care about the cards, then 

Or... again, maybe a 3-0 count isn't where you use it. I don't know. I'd lean toward that. 3-0 in the 5th? 

 

 

.

Posted
1 minute ago, Branyanisthegoat said:

Hendo pitched good, but im okay with the move no matter what happens

Yeah, you can’t let things unravel. 

He only deserved to give up 1 tonight. Costly error by Brice.

  • Like 3
Posted
1 minute ago, adambr2 said:

Exactly … regardless of who doesn’t “see it” with Lara… the Brewers clearly do, or they wouldn’t have signed him to an 8 year contract. 

I see a lot of unreasonable expectations for 21 year olds. Not every young player is Jackson Chourio. 

Hardly any, actually. 

Right. But I like both. Frelick gives you good at bats... generally speaking. 

 

.

Posted
2 minutes ago, BrewerFan said:

Or... again, maybe a 3-0 count isn't where you use it. I don't know. I'd lean toward that. 3-0 in the 5th? 

 

 

Just going off of memory I think we’ve challenged a few of those this year. Maybe not. 

Verified Member
Posted
1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Rats.  Now we get Abner.  Yippee.

What’s wrong with him??

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, Pugger said:

Rats.  Now we get Abner.  Yippee.

I don't know, he's got that Gm1 adrenaline out, hopefully he comes in and just hits his spots. He's pretty nasty. 

  • Like 1

.

Posted
Just now, adambr2 said:

5 free bases in 5 2/3rd plus two errors. 

Have to do better than that when you’re not getting offensive support. At least make them beat you.  

Yeah, I'm not arguing that. The defense was abnormally shaky... though, two of those walks, I think they swing. Machado definitely did. 

But, yes, they have to be sharper and they're really running otu of chances before we get to Miller territory. 

.

Posted
1 minute ago, Bulldogboy said:

Hate it when Abner comes in like this with no margin 

Same here. BUT, now that you brought him in and he was sharp... give him another inning. 

  • Like 2

.

Posted
Just now, Pugger said:

Every once in a while he gets a little wild.

Yeah, the guy is so emotional. It's a great thing, most closers have it. But it can also lead to being overly amped up and being erratic. 

 

.

Posted

Easy to say now that he got it but bullpen wise, Murphy has been going with his best guys (for the season) in the biggest spots. I can’t really argue with that. 

  • Like 1
Verified Member
Posted
1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Every once in a while he gets a little wild.

Haha doesn’t everyone 😂

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...