Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 11:40 AM, wiguy94 said:

I mean I think that's fair. The context of the catch was far more impressive than the actual catch. He barely had to jump and it's not like he was sprinting into the wall. He was kind of set up before the ball got there.

All good points, but he had some hands & gloves from fans to deal with, too.

All things considered, if it was Tatis JR making the exact same catch on Chourio to help secure a Pads' win I think ESPN gives it a higher rating.

  • Like 1
Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 12:22 PM, Brewcrew82 said:

Everything Wiguy listed, and then I'll add the biggest difference of all.....

Ohtani was at the absolute peak of his powers last year, capped by the arguably the greatest single-game performance of any player in history in Game 4 as we well remember. 

Heading into this series, he is but a shell of that player. They may have replaced him with Skubal in the rotation, but they cannot replace that production at the plate, as he's currently in the midst of almost a 2 month HR drought. He and the Dodgers have emphasized that there's not much he can do to get healthy until the offseason. 

And one more: We have a TON of LH options on the staff & I feel better about that AFA matchups go than I felt vs SD. It guarantees nothing of course, but i like to have a plethora to throw at them when it gets around to Ohtani, Freeman, Muncy, Tucker......even the kid Pe Paula.

Posted
4 hours ago, TURBO said:

Yeah, well, what he did 8 years ago was still about as dirty as it gets.  

Not a chance in hell this guy deserves a pass because he was younger then.  What he tried to do could have been a career killer.  Luckily he failed.

I hope he is a better person now, and kudos to him if he is, but that can't be forgiven, just can't.

He's a punk. 

Man, if you think that play could have ended Aguilar’s career, I hope you never saw what Albert Belle did to Fernando Vina. 

  • Like 2
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

All good points, but he had some hands & gloves from fans to deal with, too.

All things considered, if it was Tatis JR making the exact same catch on Chourio to help secure a Pads' win I think ESPN gives it a higher rating.

I really just don't think this is true. The #1 play on the Top 10 today was a Wisconsin volleyball play if you're trying to imply there's some anti-Wisconsin/small market bias.

  • Love 1
Posted
On 10/8/2026 at 1:00 PM, Brewcrew82 said:

Going to be fun to see how Cubs fans twist themselves into rooting for the Dodgers in opposition to the rest of America outside of LA. 

I'll admit, if it was LA-CHI for the NL championship I'd pull for the Dodgers.

  • Like 1
Posted
17 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Man, if you think that play could have ended Aguilar’s career, I hope you never saw what Albert Belle did to Fernando Vina. 

Being a linebacker vs. possibly screwing up someone's achilles?  One caused a rag doll-ish effect while the other one was more subtle.  Both were trash.

  • Like 2
Posted
15 minutes ago, wiguy94 said:

I really just don't think this is true. The #1 play on the Top 10 today was a Wisconsin volleyball play if you're trying to imply there's some anti-Wisconsin/small market bias.

More a "pro big-name" bias. Let's say it was Elly De La Cruz (if he was an OF). He's in a small market, and I think under the same circumstances the same grab by him would be higher than a 10, and the 'having to fight the fans' angle would be inflated.

Not saying Mitchell's catch warranted top billing. Just higher than 10 IMO.

  • Like 1
Posted

It’s fun for the fanbase to have a couple of longstanding villains, even if it’s been a little played out. Why not boo him? I don’t personally but it’s just kind of a bit at this point imo. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Samurai Bucky said:

Being a linebacker vs. possibly screwing up someone's achilles?  One caused a rag doll-ish effect while the other one was more subtle.  Both were trash.

I don't know how it compares to other towns, but it seems like Brewer fans have very long memories. In 1978 Reggie Jackson rushed the mound on Mike Caldwell, and I don't believe the booing ever died after that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...