Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
2 minutes ago, Menotti80 said:

Imagine if the game wasn't so stinking late.  I for one was asleep by the 5th inning. Not proud of not watching/tracking the whole game but there's almost no way I can stay up until midnight or later...

I'll admit I went to bed shortly after we got the 3-1 lead.  Staying up all the way through the previous night took the steam out of me.

My wife was up with her mom (long story...) and when she cheered at the end I got up to watch the festivities.  Another night with 4 hours of sleep...  At least I sleep some for awhile.  😛

  • Like 2

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Posted
1 hour ago, adambr2 said:

Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers?

I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. 

I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it. 

I do like our chances better than last year, that being said I still think the odds are in the Dodgers favor.

Our starting pitching is better this year. which is a plus, but the Dodgers starting pitching may be better also.  That being said it's hard to imagine the Dodger's starting pitching outperforming what they did last year (2 runs allowed in 4 games).

Hitting wise, hopefully another year of experience will payoff.  I feel like if they are to get past the Dodger's, Yelich will have to have a few key hits. 

Posted

Without quoting the previous posts I just think this team is more consistent than last year and not as streaky.     I think they will give dodgers more trouble than last year

 

and if Miz comes out with the extra rest and just dominates Sunday night that is a game changer

  • Like 3
Posted
35 minutes ago, dlk9s said:

For the national media haters: Mitchell's catch was only #10 in the SportsCenter Top 10.

I mean I think that's fair. The context of the catch was far more impressive than the actual catch. He barely had to jump and it's not like he was sprinting into the wall. He was kind of set up before the ball got there.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Goodness, what were the other eight?

# Thread Replies Forum
1 Hader trade ideas 2,001 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
2 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings] 1,812 Archived Game Threads
3 2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4] 1,610 Archived Game Threads
4 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) [Brewers lose, 4-3] 1,532 Archived Game Threads
5 2019 Brewers' pitching staff 1,511 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
6 COVID-19 impact on MLB season 1,435 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
7 What's Next 1,378 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
8 Manny Machado (Part 1) 1,360 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
9 Brewers (Gasser) vs Padres (Buehler): 10/7/26, 9:00pm 1,274 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
10 2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win 3-1; NL Central Champs!] 1,240 Archived Game Threads
  • Like 1
Posted
26 minutes ago, Menotti80 said:

Imagine if the game wasn't so stinking late.  I for one was asleep by the 5th inning. Not proud of not watching/tracking the whole game but there's almost no way I can stay up until midnight or later...

I managed to make it to the bottom of the eighth, then I checked out.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:
# Thread Replies Forum
1 Hader trade ideas 2,001 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
2 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings] 1,812 Archived Game Threads
3 2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4] 1,610 Archived Game Threads
4 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) [Brewers lose, 4-3] 1,532 Archived Game Threads
5 2019 Brewers' pitching staff 1,511 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
6 COVID-19 impact on MLB season 1,435 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
7 What's Next 1,378 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
8 Manny Machado (Part 1) 1,360 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
9 Brewers (Gasser) vs Padres (Buehler): 10/7/26, 9:00pm 1,274 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
10 2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win 3-1; NL Central Champs!] 1,240 Archived Game Threads

Discussing the right time to trade our all time best reliever (Hader) three years before it happened seems very ‘us.’

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Posted
5 hours ago, jason21nl said:

Like the Uecker letter, I wish we could stop bringing this up.  

I think the letters are kind of corny and almost a little creepy. One last year was OK but I think the schtick is pretty much played out now. He shouldn’t feel obligated to do this every time there’s a big win.

The one thing I didn’t like about this one is the reference to Ueck  helping to swat down France’s “home run ball.”  For anyone who hears that it just feeds the idea that that was clearly going to be a home run when it almost certainly was not, and leads some people to think that the Brewers are lucky rather than good.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.
Posted
51 minutes ago, Outlander said:

That is such a great photo. Video is everywhere now but sometimes a photo still captures a moment better.

For me that was on par with the Badgers blocking the punt of the Gophers to win the game photo from 10-15 years ago.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, igor67 said:

For me that was on par with the Badgers blocking the punt of the Gophers to win the game photo from 10-15 years ago.

20 years ago (time does fly).  

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2005/10/15/Blocked_Punt_Gives_UW_Late_38_34_Win_Over_Minnesota

 

I remember there being a better photo but here's the one I found quickly.

Wisconsin punt block vs. Minnesota

Edited by mrn1ceguy
Adding extra details.
Community Moderator
Posted
11 hours ago, edfunderburk said:

I respect Coop’s ability to not participate. I’ve been a non-drinker for 44 years & sometimes it is awkward for people.

I'm a lifelong (60+) teetotaler - despite living all that time in Wisconsin, following the Brewers for most of my life, and being enrolled at, working for or affiliated with the UW System for almost as long.  I'm delighted there's another teetotaler on the roster.  We should be able to find him a better soft drink than Fanta for any subsequent celebrations. 😉🤞

ASO to Spectrum for choosing the overnight last night to do an upgrade in our area.  That had us listening to Jeff Levering on the radio for the end of the game, which was much better than any of the fox dudes anyway. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.
Posted

One of the posters at the time was at the game and had a perfect side angle shot in the moment you could tell the punt was being blocked which is why it sticks in my head so well. Best picture of the game was from a fan

  • Love 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Frisbee Slider said:

Goodness, what were the other eight?

I nominate the Jonathan Lucroy trade deadline thread.  That was a doozy.

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, adambr2 said:

Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers?

I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. 

I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it. 

Everything Wiguy listed, and then I'll add the biggest difference of all.....

Ohtani was at the absolute peak of his powers last year, capped by the arguably the greatest single-game performance of any player in history in Game 4 as we well remember. 

Heading into this series, he is but a shell of that player. They may have replaced him with Skubal in the rotation, but they cannot replace that production at the plate, as he's currently in the midst of almost a 2 month HR drought. He and the Dodgers have emphasized that there's not much he can do to get healthy until the offseason. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Outlander said:

That is such a great photo. Video is everywhere now but sometimes a photo still captures a moment better.

I wanna hang out with the guy on the top left.

 

I have no idea why.  I just do.

 

So if you're reading this, top left guy, DM me and we'll grab a beer on me.

Posted
26 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

I think the letters are kind of corny and almost a little creepy. One last year was OK but I think the schtick is pretty much played out now. He shouldn’t feel obligated to do this every time there’s a big win.

The one thing I didn’t like about this one is the reference to Ueck  helping to swat down France’s “home run ball.”  For anyone who hears that it just feeds the idea that that was clearly going to be a home run when it almost certainly was not, and leads some people to think that the Brewers are lucky rather than good.

I think the letters are fine except for one thing - don't let the media see them. I think it works much better as an in-house thing, with a bunch of people who knew the guy. When the whole world sees it, it comes off as corny.

Thank God he hasn't used AI to have Uecker read it. Yet.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
6 minutes ago, StearnsFTW said:

I nominate the Jonathan Lucroy trade deadline thread.  That was a doozy.

The Ryan Braun PED thread is my least favorite of all time. What a ****storm that was. Hopefully it doesn’t exist anymore. 

  • Like 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, StearnsFTW said:

I nominate the Jonathan Lucroy trade deadline thread.  That was a doozy.

I just checked and the Lucroy thread was split into 3 parts and was over 100 pages

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1
Verified Member
Posted
54 minutes ago, wiguy94 said:

I mean I think that's fair. The context of the catch was far more impressive than the actual catch. He barely had to jump and it's not like he was sprinting into the wall. He was kind of set up before the ball got there.

Yeah, the most difficult thing about that catch was navigating the fans, and not being distracted by the contact...

The context of that catch alone though, should have had it higher than #10,  Screw the media, and SCREW THE DODGERS!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Posted

Fernando Tatis Jr.: “Just the level of baseball played was so intense, was so high. ... They play really good baseball, man. We have to give it to them. Nothing but to wish them luck and to stay healthy onto the other side.”

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Verified Member
Posted
52 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:
# Thread Replies Forum
1 Hader trade ideas 2,001 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
2 2018-10-16 (NLCS Game #4): Brewers (González) at Dodgers (Hill) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- 13 Innings] 1,812 Archived Game Threads
3 2021-10-12 (NLDS Game #4): Brewers (Lauer) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers lose, 5-4] 1,610 Archived Game Threads
4 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) [Brewers lose, 4-3] 1,532 Archived Game Threads
5 2019 Brewers' pitching staff 1,511 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
6 COVID-19 impact on MLB season 1,435 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
7 What's Next 1,378 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
8 Manny Machado (Part 1) 1,360 Transaction Rumors & Proposals
9 Brewers (Gasser) vs Padres (Buehler): 10/7/26, 9:00pm 1,274 Milwaukee Brewers Talk
10 2018-10-01 (Game 163): Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win 3-1; NL Central Champs!] 1,240 Archived Game Threads

Oh the memories involved with most of those threads...  Especially #10!  WHAT A DAY THAT WAS!

  • Like 1
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS
Verified Member
Posted
44 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

I think the letters are kind of corny and almost a little creepy. One last year was OK but I think the schtick is pretty much played out now. He shouldn’t feel obligated to do this every time there’s a big win.

The one thing I didn’t like about this one is the reference to Ueck  helping to swat down France’s “home run ball.”  For anyone who hears that it just feeds the idea that that was clearly going to be a home run when it almost certainly was not, and leads some people to think that the Brewers are lucky rather than good.

THIS!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...