Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Recommended Posts

Posted

Helluva move by Craig Stammen last night to bring King back on 1 day's rest to close.  That's the kind of unorthodox managing that can (but hopefully won't) change the outcome of the series. 

Community Moderator
Posted
5 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Helluva move by Will Venable last night to bring King back on 1 day's rest to close.  That's the kind of unorthodox managing that can (but hopefully won't) change the outcome of the series. 

Too early to judge whether it was the right move or not. Let's see how King looks in G5 if it gets there (or if they have to start someone else because he has arm fatigue). 

It sure looked like he was running on fumes in the 9th last night. 

The Mariners did this with Logan Gilbert last year and he followed it up with a 7.71 ERA in the ALCS. And the Mariners didn't have other options (15 inning game). The Padres had several other arms they could have used instead. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, owbc said:

Too early to judge whether it was the right move or not. Let's see how King looks in G5 if it gets there (or if they have to start someone else because he has arm fatigue). 

It sure looked like he was running on fumes in the 9th last night. 

The Mariners did this with Logan Gilbert last year and he followed it up with a 7.71 ERA in the ALCS. And the Mariners didn't have other options (15 inning game). The Padres had several other arms they could have used instead. 

I can't find anything definitive on either Miller or Morejon for tonight.  Anybody else hear anything?

Verified Member
Posted

Bobby diesel to start baby!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

 

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
Posted

Fast And Furious Dom GIF by The Fast Saga

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

 

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Posted

Is anything really a brilliant move when the alternative is likely you lose the game and your season is over? It's not much of a decision. You have to survive and deal with the consequences after.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

Walker Buehler is also coming off paternity?  Apparently, SD takes it team name pretty seriously.

They don't call them the Dads for nothing.

Posted

I was talking myself into a Uribe opener, but, honestly? I think this is the way to go. I know there's a lot of worries about young starters, on the road, and Gasser looked overwhelmed last year in the playoffs. Plus, he's a lefty, and it seems like there's some concern about that versus the top of the Padres order especially.

I think, though, putting him in the best position to succeed just means not messing around. Don't try to hide him behind an opener. Don't try to sneak him through a theoretically softer patch in the lineup. We got this guy by trading the best reliever in baseball to the Padres (!) because we thought he was going to help us be really good. What better time?

I have no predictions. But roll it out and live with what happens. Hopefully it's nothing but good.

  • Like 1
Posted
9 minutes ago, Cool Hand Lucroy said:

I was talking myself into a Uribe opener, but, honestly? I think this is the way to go. I know there's a lot of worries about young starters, on the road, and Gasser looked overwhelmed last year in the playoffs. Plus, he's a lefty, and it seems like there's some concern about that versus the top of the Padres order especially.

I think, though, putting him in the best position to succeed just means not messing around. Don't try to hide him behind an opener. Don't try to sneak him through a theoretically softer patch in the lineup. We got this guy by trading the best reliever in baseball to the Padres (!) because we thought he was going to help us be really good. What better time?

I have no predictions. But roll it out and live with what happens. Hopefully it's nothing but good.

I've thought about Hader and Gasser few times in the last week with this series looming. Some poetry here.

Gasser and Ruiz were 2 of the 4 we got for Hader. Ruiz turned in Contreras. So the battery tonight is from the Hader trade from San Diego. No better way to close it out. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Community Moderator
Posted

If I had to predict this game I'll say both Gasser and Buehler go 4-ish with 2 runs allowed and it comes down to the bullpens like every other game this series. 

Except tonight we get the Vaughn-Ray matchup that I've been craving and it goes in our favor. I thought we were going to get it last night but the Padres decided to let King face Yelich instead. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...