Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brock Beauchamp

Site Manager
  • Posts

    7,067
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    47

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brock Beauchamp

  1. Welcome to the site. Out of curiosity, what's your take on the MLB commissioner?
  2. This is the one part of the renovations/upgrades that sound pretty legitimate. But of course we know MLB and the Brewers are going to ask for a lot of other things that assuredly aren't as legitimate.
  3. I don't know if the second tier of prospects are under-rated or the Brewers are just really good at developing players slowly until they break out at or near the majors.
  4. I feel like I'm screaming into the void at times but Hiura doesn't fix the Brewers' ails. Voit needs to go and the front office needs to find someone to hit LHP. Hiura ain't that person. Fix that problem and we can address how and where Hiura might fit into the lineup.
  5. You're ignoring his OPS over .800, which Milwaukee could absolutely use right now. The Brewers literally have the worst OPS in baseball against LHP at .598.
  6. All I know is that I feel prescient for writing this in January.
  7. And that’s fair, I’d just rather see them directly address the Voit problem first and Hiura doesn’t resolve that in any way.
  8. I'm still in no rush to call up Hiura. If he's truly changing his approach, give him some time to stabilize himself. He's not a replacement for Voit, he's just not. I consider Voit not part of the conversation. He needs to be replaced, that much is sure, but Hiura doesn't fill his role as a lefty masher. The Brewers need to replace Voit but Hiura doesn't do that, he's just another guy who hits righties. Arnold needs to go find someone who can play a corner role and OPS .800 against LHP. And in a couple of weeks, I'll be ready to move on from Winker if he doesn't right the ship and Hiura does fill Winker's role if called up.
  9. Yikes, I just checked FanGraphs and Brewers' DHes have the lowest SLG in baseball. The Reds are 29th. To add insult to injury, the Brewers aren't even close. They're .043 SLG behind 29th place on the list.
  10. I think the Cubs are far more dangerous than the Cardinals. The Cubs' BaseRuns record is 23-11. Their pythag is 22-12. They're playing really good baseball and if that holds, their record will begin to reflect it.
  11. I don't think the Twins are going to part with him. They have a slew of LHB outfielders and Garlick is a backup plan should the Twins need to dip into their minor league system. The time to get Garlick was when he went on waivers.
  12. I stand by the belief it was a mistake to let Kyle Garlick pass through waivers when he was offered up. He's a good low-cost solution to LHP and the Brewers really needed that this offseason.
  13. Testing a thing.
  14. The Brewers had a strong month to start the 2023 season. Let's look at what went right, what went wrong, and how things look going forward.
  15. For sure. I think it’s incredibly unlikely Adames literally doubles his walk rate year over year but my biggest knock against him has been the fear of what happens to a free-swinging highly-athletic player once they lose half a step and the bat slows a little.
  16. If Adames benefits from the shift restrictions a little while also keeping his BB% over 10%, it completely changes his profile as a player. It could take him from "good player but with serious question marks on the aging curve" to "legitimate top-five SS in baseball".
  17. That's a great point. I thought Mexico City was similar to Denver, not a couple of thousand feet higher. That's a problem.
  18. I’m not pointing you but illustrating my core point: Mexico City is not that far from any MLB city but it’s not close to any MLB city. Thats a problem over 162 but mainly for the host city’s players.
×
×
  • Create New...