Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Brock Beauchamp

Site Manager
  • Posts

    7,067
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    47

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brock Beauchamp

  1. If people want Uribe removed, I can do that, I'd just like to hear from a few more people before doing so.
  2. I went back and forth on Uribe because we don't use strict service time rules. Had he been closer to 50 IP, I would have removed him, but he's not even at 30 IP yet. The rest have been added!
  3. It's prospect voting time again! A rundown of the rules again: 1. You must have an account and be logged in to vote. If you don't have an account, click here. It literally requires 60 seconds to create an account. 2. Review our current top 20 prospect list, catch up on stats, rankings, etc. (you can do so from the voting page link below) 3. Have your prospect list in your dirty little paws? Then flip on over to the new prospect voting page (after reading the rest of this, please). https://brewerfanatic.com/prospect-voting 4. Voting is super simple, you drag and drop players in the order you wish them to be. After you move a prospect, the list automatically renumbers so you don't lose track of the order. This works on mobile devices but it's a *vastly* better experience on desktop. Sorry, that's just how this kind of thing works. There's no great way to make something like this be as awesome on a phone screen. 5. Each prospect has a comment section where you can add any commentary you have on that player. At the bottom of the list, there is a general comment section to explain over-arching things you wish to mention. 6. Don't see a prospect you want to put on the list? Just pop back here and give me a mention (in a comment, start typing @Brock Beauchamp and then select my name when it appears). Mention the prospect you want added and I will do that asap. 7. Once you're done with all of it, click Save. You've now voted! 8. When the voting closes, a new thread will automatically generate in this forum with all of your rankings and comments for everyone to read and talk about. 9. You can only vote once. If you have voted in error, pop back here and again tag me, asking to have your vote deleted. I will remove it and you can vote again. Voting will close at end of day Monday, October 7th!
  4. Sure. I also prefaced my statement with "seems like the type of guy", which rather obviously says I don't have data to support this, only what I can see and the vibe I get from CC. Smart, collected, stoic people often do okay for themselves when presented money. The way CC manages the clubhouse and team can be extrapolated into his personal life and finances. Does this make it absolutely true? Of course not, I'm neither Counsell's tax agent nor am I TurboTax.
  5. Blame MLB, not Attanasio. The Brewers literally play in the smallest market in baseball but generally have the 20th highest payroll in the sport, give or take a couple spots (and usually higher, not lower). Honestly, what more do you ask of the franchise? Sure, they could spend more, so could literally every team in baseball. But Attanasio has been one of the better owners in baseball. If you want to get truly angry at an owner, go look at the Orioles payroll over the past 7-8 years.
  6. Sure, but Counsell seems like the type of guy who has done just fine for himself with investments. He doesn't strike me as the type of fellow rolling a garage with four Bentleys in it.
  7. Craig Counsell made $21,000,000 during his playing career. He has made considerable money as a manager since then. I'm incredibly skeptical this will come down to a bidding war. This will come down to what Craig Counsell wants to do in 2024.
  8. This is a particularly enticing aspect of October. That elite Brewers defense is still there but the rotation, particularly the postseason rotation, is no longer middling.
  9. You don't think some players are anti-clutch? I do. I think the number is exaggerated by fans and players are hard to identify in the moment but there are plenty of pitchers in baseball who just seem incapable of handling the ninth inning but are good middle men. I think the same could apply to the postseason but it's damned hard to identify those players in the moment, largely due to sample sizes.
  10. My assumption has always been they round up to one decimal point... like if something becomes 99.96% likely to happen, FanGraphs rounds up to 100%. Dunno if that's the case, it's just what I've determined in my head.
  11. Yeah, mathematically possible but not really possible in realistic circumstances.
  12. It's an exciting time to be a fan. The offense is coming around and the top three starters are (mostly) crushing it. Notch a few more wins, secure the division, then start aggressively resting guys and setting up for a postseason run.
  13. Absolutely. I'm a big believer in the team owning the stadium. If the government wants to offer them free land and tax subsidies on revenue, that's the full extent the state should be involved. No money should go directly to the team for producing the on-field product. The additional upside is that if a team owns the stadium, they have more buy-in to the community and more of an established presence in a metropolitan area.
  14. After 50 or so years, I think people have probably let it go. I'd probably let it go after that long, too. But in the short term, I'd resent the hell out of seeing the Brewers in Nashville or Portland or wherever.
  15. Heheh, I'm also a Twins fan. I should re-state: I'd never be a fan of a team that moved away from an area in which I cheered for them. I have no ill will toward fans receiving the relocated team.
  16. $700 million package: -$400 million from state -$200 million from city, county -$100-125 million from Brewers I know it's just how the world works but these numbers are upside-down from where they rightfully should be.
  17. I'd never cheer for a relocated team. I'd either leave the sport or find a different team.
  18. This is exactly what we ran into on Twins Daily. I think it might be time to pull the trigger on moving articles to the news forum. I'm dealing with moving my dad to assisted living so my days are really chaotic right now, give me a few days to put up a poll and get community feedback on this.
  19. Don’t tell anyone but if one of our three sites has to go, I also hope it’s the Cubs site. 😆 Really though, Brewer Fanatic is proving that our “community-first and us-last” model works. If we grind it out, focus on the community, and take care of our content creators, we’ll be rewarded in time. We owners are still personally upside-down on this site. And that’s intentional (somewhat). Everybody gets paid before us. In time, there’s enough to go around for everyone if we do our jobs.
  20. I wanted to update everyone on a few things as we head into the stretch and what looks to be another October appearance by the Crew. First, Brewer Fanatic has been humming along very nicely. In July, we broke all traffic records dating back to the earliest data we have for BrewerFan.net in 2016. In August, we demolished every record we set in July. On August 31st, Brewer Fanatic had 11,900 visitors to the site. That's easily the most in the history of the site. So everything is all rosy there and we're super-excited as we head into the final month of the season. A Partnership with WTMJ This is new starting today but you'll see abbreviated Brewer Fanatic content over at WTMJ. In time, we hope to grow this partnership but should you see some of our content over there, know that it has been in the works for awhile and is yet another avenue we will get our dedicated writers the readership they deserve. Obviously, we're quite excited about this and something similar is what helped kickstart Twins Daily into the behemoth it is today. Here is the first example of such content: https://wtmj.com/news/2023/09/01/brewers-fanatic-survived-wrigley-field-craig-tember/ About Site Bugs & Issues I know some of you are rolling your eyes at my lack of responsiveness over site bugs and issues. My hope is that I will be able to spend a significant chunk of the offseason fixing some of these errors and polishing up the site experience. Now that we run three sites, I have to admit to myself that the sites need to go into maintenance mode during the season, there's just too much for me to do on a daily basis. Once the season is over I will begin to whittle down on the significant list of issues that need repair and thanks for all of your patience with these issues. That's all I have for today, thanks for reading and GO CREW!
  21. If the Brewers are desperate, I'd roll the dice on Black over Donaldson 11 times out of 10.
×
×
  • Create New...