Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

wiguy94

Verified Member
  • Posts

    8,241
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    117

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by wiguy94

  1. This is very normal. Do you not remember the discourse back in 2024 about Devin Williams potentially tipping pitches and the Mets catching onto it?
  2. Honestly I think it was shameful of the broadcast and post game show to act like that was definitively going to be a HR if it didn’t hit the roof. Maybe it would have (I personally think it’s either a fly out or foul ball) but there’s no way anyone definitively knows.
  3. Bauers says this team is different and has a different belief among them and I'm right there with him. This team is clearly better than the Padres. Go out there and take care of business and win the series.
  4. I'd hardly agree with that because Uribe was hurt and unavailable in that series. In game 3 May turned the game over to the bullpen in the 8th inning with a 1 run lead and Chad Patrick came into pitch.
  5. I think I read something about Johnson that he had a pretty unique between start routine that he’d been doing his whole career as a pitcher and Maddux made him ditch it and do things the way Maddux wanted. After Maddux was fired Johnson went back to doing what he was comfortable doing. Sometimes you need to just let guys be themselves.
  6. Here's a comparison between the Padres top 3 relievers (Miller, Morejon, Rodriguez) and Brewers top 3 relievers (Megill, Uribe, Ashby). Think Padres top 3 are clearly better but the Brewers are pretty dang good themselves.
  7. Isn't that kind of Bregman? I know he is pretty well regarded as a great clubhouse guy.
  8. I don't know if this is sarcasm or not but the Angels pitching took off after he was fired including Detmers. Team Numbers With Maddux - 4.51 ERA, 4.34 xERA, 4.30 FIP, 4.29 xFIP Post Maddux - 3.73 ERA, 3.82 xERA, 3.50 FIP, 3.83 xFIP Detmers With Maddux - 4.00 ERA, 3.50 xERA, 3.47 FIP, 3.60 xFIP Post Maddux - 1.62 ERA, 2.70 xERA, 1.78 FIP, 2.74 xFIP Urena With Maddux - 2.83 ERA, 3.40 xERA, 3.82 FIP, 4.30 xFIP Post Maddux - 3.28 ERA, 3.05 xERA, 3.19 FIP, 3.17 xFIP Rodriguez With Maddux - 7.20 ERA, 6.84 xERA, 5.10 FIP, 4.79 xFIP Post Maddux - 4.53 ERA, 4.41 xERA, 4.89 FIP, 4.39 xFIP Johnson With Maddux - 6.71 ERA, 5.58 xERA, 6.48 FIP, 5.48 xFIP Post Maddux - 3.00 ERA, 3.96 xERA, 3.92 FIP, 4.85 xFIP
  9. I'm already mentally preparing for the backlash in game 2 of the NLDS when Ortiz is on the bench because Michael King is starting.
  10. Oh I think the second inning was totally fine. I was more talking about the play it by ear potentially sending him out for the 9th inning as well.
  11. Yeah that just seems silly especially because he's largely been a single inning guy this year. It's one thing for the White Sox to do that with Grant Taylor who has been used in a multi-inning role this year and it's a totally different thing to do it with a single inning guy. Definitely a sign of Mattingly being an old school by the gut type of guy.
  12. I don't think Mattingly had any intention of having Duran getting a three inning save. Maybe he said differently after the game and if he did I agree he definitely was out of his mind. Pretty sure Boylan was warming in the 8th but this is a guy who hasn't pitched in a game since 9/17 because of a groin injury so who knows if he is truly 100%. It didn't work out and unfortunately for the Phillies that's the type of move that can essentially kill your chances of winning the series considering you need to win the next two games now and it feels unlikely that Duran is going to be able to pitch in both of those games.
  13. Yeah if you can't beat the Padres then you were going to stand no chance against the Dodgers so it never really meant much to me.
  14. This is a solid point. Brewers offense looked pretty good against the Cubs pitching last year and then had a rough transition to the Dodgers pitching.
  15. He did hit 2 HR in the game in Tampa but this is his first night game since he got hit.
  16. Yeah I think the writing was on the wall for Black when a 1B went on the IL with 3 games left in the year and the Brewers recalled Lockridge over Black
  17. I do feel bad for the teams that get stuck with the short end of the stick with the earliest start time. Even for the playoffs it's tough to sell out a 2pm local start on a Tuesday on two days notice.
  18. Petco is absolutely rocking. If the Padres advance, feels crucial on the road against them to get off to early leads. Don't let that crowd get rocking.
  19. Venable with the sneaky vet move there to go out and complain about something to the ump getting Taylor who was clearly gassing out a bit of a breather.
  20. I really don't understand what Houston is doing with these pitching decisions. Why are they using their 8th and 9th inning relievers when losing by 4 and 3 runs when barring a miraculous comeback they will need to win the next two nights.
  21. Yeah I agree. Thought it was smart strategy considering the state of the Phillies bullpen. Just didn't work out. Mattingly is getting roasted online but I'm sure the same people roasting him would have also roasted him if he went to Bowlan or Mayza in the 7th and they gave up runs. Such is the life of a manager with a bad bullpen.
  22. If the Cubs beat said white hot team while on the road, would you want to face them?
  23. I'm not sure the Dodgers odds should be as high as Fangraphs has them but I do think they are the clear on paper favorite to win the WS again. Nobody really compares to them on paper. Best postseason SP group, super deep RP group (and Edwin Diaz unfortunately looks back in form), super deep postseason lineup, and they have the most experience as well. Also feel like they have an easier path to the NLCS than the Brewers do as I think the Cubs and Padres are both better than the Braves and Phillies.
  24. He was the unofficial captain. It's just official now with a C on his jersey
  25. Do I trust him? Heck no lol but I also didn't trust Misiorowski (didn't even want him on the postseason roster) last year so my trust doesn't mean much for how much success a pitcher will or won't have in the postseason.
×
×
  • Create New...