My understanding is that only about 20% of Canada’s wildfires occur in areas that have ever been logged. Not sure what the percentage of the current fires is but this is largely not something that can be solved by forest management. Most of the fires in Canada are occurring in areas far from any human intervention and nobody has the resources to do anything about it, nor should they.
There’s no way that climate change (doesn’t matter if it’s manmade or natural) isn’t a major contributor. Wildfires are increasing across the world in areas with vastly different ecosystems and historical management practices. Of course weather is what starts the fires most of the time but that’s occurring in a situation where the dice are loaded.
I’m in Montana right now and the forests around the town that I’m in have been proactively thinned and managed to reduce wildfire risk. I’m not denying the effectiveness of that approach near populated areas, but it isn’t realistic on any kind of scale that would put a dent in the smoke problem.