Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Is that true? I’m pretty sure they take specific numbers back for counter offers. They may not disclose details but presumably they negotiate in good faith.
  2. Our knowledge of his medicals gives us a big advantage (assuming the prognosis is favorable). But if we extend a 2 year offer and he shops it around, it may signal to other teams that we feel good about his medicals. So I think he comes back to the Brewers because he's happy here and he's willing to take a slight discount -- unless somebody blows him away with something that we can't come close to matching.
  3. I have a hunch that Woody will be back with us on a 2-year deal unless somebody like the Mets offers him a lucrative 3 year deal. If he signs a 2-year deal with someone else I think that will signal that we don't think he will return to being a front end starter.
  4. It sounds like Skubal is on the market and the Red Sox, Mets, and Mariners are on the short list of interested teams. On one hand this is competition but if he sets a high price it gives the opportunity for one of the losing bidders to be interested in Peralta. Personally I’d love to see what our pitching lab could do with Cijntje if the Mariners are willing to part with him.
  5. I went from Fubo to YTTV to Hulu in the past 3 years. Personally I’m not willing to chase games on random streaming platforms. We have Netflix, Prime, and Apple TV. If it’s not on Hulu or one of those then I’m not watching. I think there was an MLB game on Roku and I remember I just said forget it to that one. I’m glad I don’t really watch the NFL…
  6. I'd expect a repeat of 21-22. I'd be shocked if they didn't play 162 games in 2027, all of what we're hearing right now is posturing.
  7. For whatever reason this World Series has captured the neutral sports viewer. There are going to be a lot of eyes on the game tonight, it’s surely going to be the most watched baseball game since game 7 in 2016 and possibly longer.
  8. I’m only allowed to have one STR which is pretty smart policy and keeps the market from over-saturating. Seattle is one of the few places on the west coast that has actually built a fair bit of housing in the past 10 years, so long term renting isn’t very lucrative.
  9. Hopefully Manfred is taking notes! People will watch a compelling series even if it’s not two big US markets against each other.
  10. In other news, just closed on a refi of our investment property...got it down to a 15 year at 4.99% after previously being in the low 7s. So I'm pretty happy about that. Rates are a tad higher today than when we locked the rate in mid-September. I've heard some folks say that Airbnb bookings are down but I personally haven't seen it enough to notice yet.
  11. When you scrape the bottom of the barrel with free agency, that's what you get. Thankfully we were able to resurrect Vaughn but had we not done that we'd be back in the same situation this offseason looking for a a righty platoon option. And given that guys like Ty France and Donovan Solano managed to stay on MLB rosters for most of 2025, the options are not good.
  12. The economy is pretty blah outside of the AI investment. What worries me is that there is a lot of shady stuff going on based on valuations that are assuming this stuff is going to eventually be making money. I think the insular deals between tech and AI startups will be ugly when they unravel. One example I saw was OpenAI’s recent foray into erotica. Does that sound like something a startup with a half-trillion valuation should be doing if the revenue projections were all rosy? I think AI tools will be great and have a lot of practical applications but it’s more of the financial dealings during this crazy boom that worry me as well as the complete lack of anyone in government pumping the breaks or preparing us for what’s to come.
  13. The fans have spoken — more viewers were watching game 3 in the 18th inning than at the start. https://x.com/mulvihill79/status/1983687697861620071
  14. I’m referring to an LLM when I say AI. All of what’s being built these days are LLM wrappers essentially. Using an LLM for emails is interesting. Email Is basically obsolete to me now, I doubt I write more than one email per day.
  15. 10% seems right based on my present use of Copilot for coding help. It’s definitely the best new tool since I switched to Python around 2014. Everyone is working as fast as possible on AI agents since that’s where the 50%+ efficiency gains could come. I have my doubts at their ability to replace software engineers. They seem more like customer service agent replacements.
  16. I don't think Oilers/Flames fans would agree. Maybe I'm wrong and they would all embrace an "Alberta" baseball team, but they would have to pick one city to put the team in so half the fans will associate that team with the "enemy" city in the hockey world.
  17. It's a two-tiered economy right now. Higher earners are mostly doing fine. The bottom half to two-thirds is struggling to get by. At some point I suspect that half the country could be in poverty or borderline poverty and the economic metrics would continue to indicate a strong economy.
  18. Calgary and Edmonton are separate markets are far as I'm concerned. They are 3 hours apart from each other. If they are the same, then the Brewers are Chicago's third baseball team.
  19. The absurd CapEx spending on AI is propping up the economy right now. We have mass layoffs happening during an economic boom because they need to cut costs elsewhere else to pay for it. AI itself is not adding value (yet). The AI startups are bleeding money badly. Their infrastructure costs are through the roof. We have no ability to get electricity costs down in the short term. Obviously nobody can predict when corrections will happen, but in the short short tern it sure seems like things will continue to go up.
  20. Personally I think Vancouver BC is the best Canadian spot because of the significant Asian population and international influence, as well as not directly encroaching on Toronto's core fanbase in Quebec/Ontario. When comparing to the western US expansions candidates, Salt Lake would be like Denver on steroids and Portland is too small and too close to Seattle. The nostalgic side of me would really love the Expos to come back though. Having seen some Canadians discuss this, the two primary issues are not surprisingly (1) ownership and (2) stadium. The Blue Jays are owned by the albatross that is Rodgers and there are only a couple other potential players with big enough pockets in all of Canada. Montreal would be starting from scratch on a stadium but at least in theory they could play at the big O in the interim. Vancouver is interesting because the Whitecaps (MLS) are trying to leave the downtown stadium (BC Place) which would potentially open it up for a renovation into a baseball stadium. That would still be costly but would be an excellent location. There's no way in a million years that they expand to Alberta. SLC has stronger ownership interest with deeper pockets.
  21. Yeah when you add in Canada and Japan these were the highest watched World Series games since game 7 in 2016. It's nice to see the Blue Jays' popularity finally getting some credit. Many Americans don't realize how popular they are in Canada. They are #1 in MLB in regular season TV viewership -- higher than the Yankees. Yes, all their games are broadcast nationally, but you still need to have people interested in baseball to get those eyes on the screen. Manfred even mentioned the possibility of another Canadian team in the future.
  22. You might be the only baseball fan on the planet with that opinion 🤣 The Manfred runner is almost universally despised by baseball fans but has perhaps gained some reluctant acceptance as a necessary evil in the regular season. Almost nobody actually likes it though. I was at the 15 inning Det-Sea ALDS game a few weeks ago. For that elimination game to be ended by the Manfred runner would have been an absolute travesty. Every single fan stayed to the end and I think that one was a 5 hour game.
  23. It's not something we would want to happen on a regular basis, but everyone is talking about the game today. Managers forced to use their entire roster. Unsung heroes. Records broken. It was great for baseball. I'm glad it still happens every now and then.
  24. I love seeing a back of the bullpen guy like Klein with the heroic performance.
  25. I would hate this in the regular season but it’s a lot of fun in the World Series. It’s only a double game at this point so the equivalent of 3 full OT in hockey.
×
×
  • Create New...